Terminator Salvation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching it a few more times, I have to say I like it more than I did... But the whole heart surgery thing is still the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a movie...

And that spoils what would have been a decent film... So bloody stupid!!!!

Despite my many criticisms (of which I forgot to mention the annoying kid) I do find myself wanting to watch it again for those few positives I mentioned. I did appreciate also that it cut out much of the 'humour' which so unforgiveably pandered to the light entertainment popcorn crowd in T3. And they left Dr.Silberman alone thank god, so criminally humiliated in T3 in that awful and unnecessary scene.

Yes, there's no place for cheesy humour in Terminator films. "Talk to the hand" ahhhhhhhhhhh!

The humor was first in T2. Remember "I need a vacation" or when John was teaching Arnold all that ???? talking in the car something along the lines of "chillout ???? wad" or when he holds his hand up and promises " I promise I will not kill anyone" All humorous lines in T2. So don't just say T3 had the humor lines. As for the good Dr. he needed a huge WAKE UP moment like that. I don't understand the disbelieving look on his face seeing the T-X after what he saw at the hospital in T2. Screw Dr. Silberman :lol

Despite my many criticisms (of which I forgot to mention the annoying kid) I do find myself wanting to watch it again for those few positives I mentioned. I did appreciate also that it cut out much of the 'humour' which so unforgiveably pandered to the light entertainment popcorn crowd in T3. And they left Dr.Silberman alone thank god, so criminally humiliated in T3 in that awful and unnecessary scene.

Last edited:
I want to like the movie, and I guess I sorta do...but goddamn why did we devote so much of the film to a new character called Marcus over devoting most of it to Connor????

Plus, Connor was kind of a ?????. He crashed two choppers, and then stormed the factory at the end like a badass only to get thrown around by the Ah'nold bot.

Neat movie...but a failure in the end.

When did he specifically tell anyone that reese was his dad? Yes he did tell marcus and kate, But how is that everyone?

I believe in that scene when Connor tells Marcus about Kyle being his Father, in the room/area was Kate, Blair and the Character that Common played.

The humor was first in T2. Remember "I need a vacation" or when John was teaching Arnold all that ???? talking in the car something along the lines of "chillout ???? wad" or when he holds his hand up and promises " I promise I will not kill anyone" All humorous lines in T2. So don't just say T3 had the humor lines. As for the good Dr. he needed a huge WAKE UP moment like that. I don't understand the disbelieving look on his face seeing the T-X after what he saw at the hospital in T2. Screw Dr. Silberman :lol

The humour in T2 arose naturally and believably out of the situation of 'a child and his Terminator'. In T3 the humour was forced, there was no context for it much of the time, it was only there so the studio could tick a box when determining the marketability of the film.

And I can't stand the Silberman scene. First of all its a stupid coincidence that he'd be present for the third consecutive time that the Arnie Terminator shows up. Secondly are psychologists really among the first at the scene of a dangerous 'hostage' situation counselling the hostage there and then before the threat is even neutralised and the place secured? Thirdly the Silberman character was a relatively serious one in the first 2 films, and here they just take the mickey out of him. I know I've said this before on here but I think that symbolises what T3 essentially was overall - a parody.

Fair enough. :D

The humour in T2 arose naturally and believably out of the situation of 'a child and his Terminator'. In T3 the humour was forced, there was no context for it much of the time, it was only there so the studio could tick a box when determining the marketability of the film.

And I can't stand the Silberman scene. First of all its a stupid coincidence that he'd be present for the third consecutive time that the Arnie Terminator shows up. Secondly are psychologists really among the first at the scene of a dangerous 'hostage' situation counselling the hostage there and then before the threat is even neutralised and the place secured? Thirdly the Silberman character was a relatively serious one in the first 2 films, and here they just take the mickey out of him. I know I've said this before on here but I think that symbolises what T3 essentially was overall - a parody.

Plus, Connor was kind of a ?????. He crashed two choppers, and then stormed the factory at the end like a badass only to get thrown around by the Ah'nold bot.
I'd like to see you pilot a helicopter perfectly and then infiltrate a gigantic terminator factory to face a brand-spanking-new T-800 and not get thrown around like a ?????.

EDIT: All while being at the very top of Skynet's hitlist.

Could not have wrote that better myself.

As I recall other than the "Talk to the hand" line in T3 I can't remember any other scenes that had the forced humor you are talking about. So I have to disagree with you there. Regardless of why Silberman was on scene I think it was good to see his reaction to the T-X. And any doubt's he may of had of his encounter with the T1000 in the hospital was definitely erased and he is now a believer of everything Sarah was trying to warn of in T2. It all works for me. Anyway..If you would like to start a thread dedicated to what you don't like about T3 feel free to start one but lets get back on track here with the TERMINATOR SALVATION retrospect discussion. Mike

Not a big fan...it was ok but I easily prefer T3.

Arnold sequence still rocks though. ;)

I think if McG actually used The day the world went away song in the movie during a battle sequence, it would have made the movie much more enjoyable.

I liked it the first time I saw it, and I like it now.

I watched it about 3 times since I got the DVD.

First people are overreacting, this took place before that vision of the apocalypse Cameron gave us. Hello??? Reese hasn't even been sent back yet...why does John Connor not get freaked out by Reese being younger then him? He already knows, his mom prepared him. She makes those tapes in the very first film. They gave Connor his scar like he had in T2, theres 2 more films coming, I'm sure by this next one we'll start to see the 800s rolling off the line and battles like the ones in T2.

Frankly, I found this movie extremely refreshing. How many times are you gonna send Arnold back in time? T3 was proof enough that idea is old and used up. And they still put Arnold to excellent use as someone said, even resisting the cornball urge to give him one liners.

Sans the ending which was weak, this movie was a great start to the new trilogy. The 800 was indeed overpowered, no need to melt and freeze and then go and pound on Marcus' chest. That was lame. The heart surgery plot element just seemed totally unneeded and forced.

Not a fan of Bale. He couldn't inspire me to follow him if he pointed a Desert Eagle directly at my man berries. Lackluster performance.

Star, pointless, on screen prop girl, hands out everything.

Old hag, Barnes, snore material.

Pot shots taken by Barnes at Marcus, just not noble/right.

Blair - eye candy.

John openly saying that Kyle is his father? Brain dead stupid.

Marcus, Kyle and the T-600 very cool. Use Anton in the next T movie as an older Kyle Reese and send him back.

Connor's wife, the actress... dull, dull, dull. Loose her.

I thought the Harvesters were a dumb idea. The moto-termo - cool. The Hydrobot, hate the name... aquaterminator... better. Not sure about the concept.

I give it a B.

aquaterminator... better. Not sure about the concept.

Shhhh, before SilentSurfer reads! The right term would have been Aqua Hunter Killer same for Moto-Terminator. Should be Moto-HK or something.......

Kyle says, something like, "The Terminators were the newest and the worst..." Meaning the T-800's, the infiltrators. So anything that isn't bipedal adn human size = Hunter Killer...... :borg

Could not have wrote that better myself.

Thanks for that, nice to hear :D

As I recall other than the "Talk to the hand" line in T3 I can't remember any other scenes that had the forced humor you are talking about. So I have to disagree with you there.

The Terminators behaviour throughout the film was a send-up of his previous performances. The psychology subroutines crap made him sound like Data in Star Trek:TNG. The forced paraphrasing of his usual line "I'll be back" where he says "She'll be back" - both the delivery of that line and the fact that he said it at all was clearly an attempt to break the fourth wall..or third wall or whatever it is - and that just takes you out of the film. There was really no reason the T-800 would have said it, no one was in earshot to hear him say it so it was like he was saying it to himself for his own benefit which is clearly nonsense. No, he was saying it to the film-viewing audience. Stupid. I'm sure there were other examples that aren't coming to mind right now.

Regardless of why Silberman was on scene I think it was good to see his reaction to the T-X. And any doubt's he may of had of his encounter with the T1000 in the hospital was definitely erased and he is now a believer of everything Sarah was trying to warn of in T2. It all works for me. Anyway..If you would like to start a thread dedicated to what you don't like about T3 feel free to start one but lets get back on track here with the TERMINATOR SALVATION retrospect discussion. Mike

If my memory serves he didn't see the TX at all. He saw the T-850 carrying the coffin on his shoulder and the camera went slow-mo. Then he 'hilariously' ran off to nowhere in particular. Would Cameron have humiliated the character in such a cartoony fashion? I don't think so.

First people are overreacting, this took place before that vision of the apocalypse Cameron gave us. Hello??? Reese hasn't even been sent back yet...why does John Connor not get freaked out by Reese being younger then him? He already knows, his mom prepared him. She makes those tapes in the very first film..

Well no one said John Connor was freaked out by Reese being younger than him. I said that it was strange how Marcus didn't bat an eyelid when Connor said that Kyle Reese, the teenager, was his dad - because how would Marcus have known the complexities of the situation?

Frankly, I found this movie extremely refreshing. How many times are you gonna send Arnold back in time? T3 was proof enough that idea is old and used up. And they still put Arnold to excellent use as someone said, even resisting the cornball urge to give him one liners..

Yeah I agree with that. I don't think anyone wanted to see another film set in the present day.

Sans the ending which was weak, this movie was a great start to the new trilogy. The 800 was indeed overpowered, no need to melt and freeze and then go and pound on Marcus' chest. That was lame. The heart surgery plot element just seemed totally unneeded and forced.

Are they still going ahead with the new trilogy? I thought I heard that the unspectacular performance of T4 had cast that in doubt.

Back