Terminator Salvation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-dev it all good bro we will obviously never see eye to eye on TERMINATOR 3 or any other movie I would choose to discuss. I just don't understand how anyone with your over analytical attitude toward a movie could ever enjoy watching one. Glad I am the opposite. So I guess we will agree to disagree and that fine by me. Take care , Mike

Thanks for that, nice to hear :D

The Terminators behaviour throughout the film was a send-up of his previous performances. The psychology subroutines crap made him sound like Data in Star Trek:TNG. The forced paraphrasing of his usual line "I'll be back" where he says "She'll be back" - both the delivery of that line and the fact that he said it at all was clearly an attempt to break the fourth wall..or third wall or whatever it is - and that just takes you out of the film. There was really no reason the T-800 would have said it, no one was in earshot to hear him say it so it was like he was saying it to himself for his own benefit which is clearly nonsense. No, he was saying it to the film-viewing audience. Stupid. I'm sure there were other examples that aren't coming to mind right now.

If my memory serves he didn't see the TX at all. He saw the T-850 carrying the coffin on his shoulder and the camera went slow-mo. Then he 'hilariously' ran off to nowhere in particular. Would Cameron have humiliated the character in such a cartoony fashion? I don't think so.

Well no one said John Connor was freaked out by Reese being younger than him. I said that it was strange how Marcus didn't bat an eyelid when Connor said that Kyle Reese, the teenager, was his dad - because how would Marcus have known the complexities of the situation?

Yeah I agree with that. I don't think anyone wanted to see another film set in the present day.

Are they still going ahead with the new trilogy? I thought I heard that the unspectacular performance of T4 had cast that in doubt.

Hey bro... please elaborate. I would like to hear your reasons for it being NOT worthy of a TERMINATOR film. Thanks, Mike

the original T1 and T2 had depth and emotion. characters were built well, and there was always this sense of foreboding throughout the film, which contributes as a subtext to the epic struggle between man and machine. that is the essence of the terminator films... something that was missing in salvation. characters were empty, plot shallow... it focused too much on blowing things up and wowing people with sporadic action sequences... it hasn't got the soul of the original films

T3 stayed true to the terminator tradition, but it was executed in a typically condensed, convenient, quick money and commercialized manner... they succeeded in making a good action film, but it also falls short of its predecessors which were masterpieces by comparison...

to sum it up, if T1 and T2 were full wholesome meals, T3 would be a nice happymeal, but salvation is junkfood from the freezer.

Now that was a well executed review. I like your style bro. Thanks for the reply. Mike

the original T1 and T2 had depth and emotion. characters were built well, and there was always this sense of foreboding throughout the film, which contributes as a subtext to the epic struggle between man and machine. that is the essence of the terminator films... something that was missing in salvation. characters were empty, plot shallow... it focused too much on blowing things up and wowing people with sporadic action sequences... it hasn't got the soul of the original films

T3 stayed true to the terminator tradition, but it was executed in a typically condensed, convenient, quick money and commercialized manner... they succeeded in making a good action film, but it also falls short of its predecessors which were masterpieces by comparison...

to sum it up, if T1 and T2 were full wholesome meals, T3 would be a nice happymeal, but salvation is junkfood from the freezer.

Not a fan of Bale. He couldn't inspire me to follow him if he pointed a Desert Eagle directly at my man berries. Lackluster performance.

Star, pointless, on screen prop girl, hands out everything.

Old hag, Barnes, snore material.

Pot shots taken by Barnes at Marcus, just not noble/right.

Blair - eye candy.

John openly saying that Kyle is his father? Brain dead stupid.

Marcus, Kyle and the T-600 very cool. Use Anton in the next T movie as an older Kyle Reese and send him back.

Connor's wife, the actress... dull, dull, dull. Loose her.

I thought the Harvesters were a dumb idea. The moto-termo - cool. The Hydrobot, hate the name... aquaterminator... better. Not sure about the concept.

I give it a B.

Aerostats! You forgot the Aerostats! Mini AHK scouts. Intelligence gathering, but I believe they have small weapon capability as well. They should make those as radio controlled "helicopter" like toys! Those were great! Put a mini-camera transmitter on those and watch/control from your home computer!

The final battle scenes with the T-800 were the best part of the movie! The most human like moves for a Terminator Endoskeleton ever.

HT should make a "beef jerky" version of the Endoskeleton in 1:6, and please get off you butts HT and put out a chrome Endo!

although im not much for giving full length reviews i will say i really enjoyed this movie. Actually more then i thought i was going to im not a hardcore terminator fan but thought the direction and terminators looks excellent and thought christian bale did a great job. He is moving up the chain of favorite actors for me personally.

I didn't like Salvation but I'm not going to judge people's opinions.

But what I really am curious about is - to those people who think this was a great start to a new trilogy, why exactly do you think that? I can't think of anything that was set up in this movie that requires two more movies to advance, other than the plot points from the previous films (the particulars of how Reese goes back, for example).

I can see how a hardcore Terminator fan could enjoy this movie the way a starving man could enjoy fried donkey balls. I just don't understand how anyone thinks it's anything above an okay time-killer.

I didn't like Salvation but I'm not going to judge people's opinions.

But what I really am curious about is - to those people who think this was a great start to a new trilogy, why exactly do you think that? I can't think of anything that was set up in this movie that requires two more movies to advance, other than the plot points from the previous films (the particulars of how Reese goes back, for example).

I can see how a hardcore Terminator fan could enjoy this movie the way a starving man could enjoy fried donkey balls. I just don't understand how anyone thinks it's anything above an okay time-killer.

The real question should be, Why do you think its a bad movie? Its definitely not as good as the first two but its WAY better than t3. The action sequences and special effects are some of the best Ive seen.

Their all kinds of options.
-Origins of the t-1000
-Resistance uncovers plans of the time displacement chamber
-Further exploring marcus's character(Mcg said he would)
-Show What a bad @ss john connor truly is

Back