Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like T4 Then. Meaningless. It didn't advance the story at all. How old are you anyway?You prob just managed to get into this kids movie. Are you 11 and were you accompanied by an adult?

I don't see beyond T2 because it was wrapped up in T2. Until the hacks came along and tried to revive it. My problem is not with McG anyway but the writers.

Last edited:
Like T4 Then. Meaningless. It didn't advance the story at all. How old are you anyway?You prob just managed to get into this kids movie. Are you 11 and were you accompanied by an adult?

I don't see beyond T2 because it was wrapped up in T2. Until the hacks came along and tried to revive it. My problem is not with McG anyway but the writers.

If you felt it was wrapped up in T2, then what in the blue hell are you doing posting in a Terminator Salvation thread?! In your narrow mind, it shouldn't even exist? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hacked? maybe, but blame it on T3.

Meaningless? wtf dude? T4 had a philosophy embeded in it, apparently you didn't get it.

Look. I've already said it wasn't bad. I'm not going to lie and say it was epic because to me, it wasn't. It was an OK summer blockbuster. Nothing more.

If you felt it was wrapped up in T2, then what in the blue hell are you doing posting in a Terminator Salvation thread?! In your narrow mind, it shouldn't even exist? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It shouldn't exist. Why do you think James Cameron didn't come back? Because the story was finished.

Just back from seeing this. A little disappointed I have to admit. I guess this is an over-simplified way of looking at it but the first 1/2 was very good in my eyes, especially the building up of the relationships between the characters, most notably Marcus and Reese and to a slightly lesser extent Marcus and Blair.
On this note, Sam Worthington easily stole the show, Anton Yelchin coming a close second. The girls also held their own I must say, Moon Bloodgood was pretty impressive. Bale . . . well . . . we love Bale.

Moving on.
I really, really did not enjoy the T-800 fight and thought the CG T-101 (Arnold) was awful, I see the Benjamin Button graphics software is getting it's money worth anyway. I think Stan Winston would be turning in his grave quite frankly, I found myself thinking bring back the days of somebody actually puppeteering these fantastic animatronic mock-ups of Arnold instead of drawing them, or use the classic stop-motion for goodness sake. It felt like I was watching TTSCC at certain points of that fight (that IS a bad thing).

I didn't think there were enough battles with the T-600, it was totally under-utilized. I kept expecting to see an army of them, this is meant to be a war right, then where's the troops?
I liked how certain myths were answered, Connor's scar for instance.
If there's to be a sequel, fine by me but it will be such a shame if Marcus doesn't return.
Just my 2 cents I guess. :D

It shouldn't exist. Why do you think James Cameron didn't come back? Because the story was finished.

Yes I agree with this but in todays day and age Terminator 1 & 2 have absolutely nothing to do with 3 & 4. The lousy film makers would like you to think they do but they don't. Cameron's 2 films are perfect the way they are and finished in perfect with T2. Sure the stories have inconsistencies but nothing will top them.

BUT you also have to understand that this industry will always be about money so I suppose as a fan be proud that your favorites will never be out done.

Parts 3 and 4 are Hollywoods way of telling you to go ^^^^ yourself, enjoy it or not its too bad.

TS was epic to me

Yeah and so is the Takara Batman to you so it doesn't say alot.

:lol:lol:lol

I haven't seen this movie yet but its either getting really bad reviews or average reviews.
It WILL get overhyped now regardless since after all it is THE TERMINATOR.
Its just the way things go.
I have done it alot of times with movies. Hell with all the hype around some movies it seems like its a crime not to like them sometimes.
I always try and stay away from other peoples opinions and gauge my own.

People will complain and I really don't blame them. If theres things they don't like I want to know what they are. This is a discussion board and I want to know other peoples opinions.
I'll be going to watch this sometime this week but to be honest personally I'm not excited. Since the first trailer this movie has been reminding me of Reign of Fire. :(:lol
I'm not a fan of that movie too so its hard to like anything about this movie until I go and watch it.

I'm almost certain I'm going to be a little dissapointed once I've watched it since theres so much missing that made T1 and T2 so special.
That said I'm sure this movie has some things that make it good in its own way too.

Like somebody has said the endo looks ( in my eyes anyway ) pretty terrible compared to the first 2 ( maybe even 3 ) movies. I doubt I'm going to enjoy that last fight as much as I would like too and could.

I think I would of preffered this story to be left alone completely unless Cameron came back and felt he had something to show but that being said I like to watch these newer movies as sort of fan films.

I did the same with avp and avp-r and am probably going to have too with this Alien remake. :sick
I'm looking forward to watching this now. I'm pretty sure though I'm not going to walk out thinking it was epic. :monkey3:lol

2hogpe9.jpg

Maybe we'll see all those in the next shabby installment.

Maybe we'll see all those in the next shabby installment.

Hey, hey, hey! Don't try to bring me or others down. I am optimistic about the future movies. You do not have to post a negative after each time someone makes a positive. By now, we all know how you feel about the movie. You aren't going to change anyone's opinion for or against it. It sounds a bit like sour grapes. No offense, not meant to personal.

Just because T2 wraped up the story it doesn't stop some of us from still seeing the movie.
It's can be viewed as stand alone movie like a James Bond, Batman and Highlander film.
T2Fanatic is not even slagging the movie off, he just thought it was not as good as some of us did. He's entitled to his opinion. If we all agreed with each other there would not be much room for discussion

Just because T2 wraped up the story it doesn't stop some of us from still seeing the movie.
It's can be viewed as stand alone movie like a James Bond, Batman and Highlander film.
T2Fanatic is not even slagging the movie off, he just thought it was not as good as some of us did. He's entitled to his opinion. If we all agreed with each other there would not be much room for discussion

exaclty. I think sharing opinions even when negative doesn't cause disagreements. Its people who complain about those complaining. :D

T4 was an OK movie, better than I expected, but still, could've been better. It's obvious that no future Terminator movie will ever be even near T1 or T2... At least it was better than T3, and better than I expected, so I'm still happy with it. The Arnold part was f-ing epic.

Back