Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got back from the midnight show, and I must say that I was quite impressed, especially after hearing some of the early reviews. Yes, its an action flick (I cant believe one early reviewer compared it to TDK), and yes its MUCH improved over T3. The audience was very pleased and even cheered several times (especially at the end ;) ). Now I can breath a sigh of relief and dont have to worry about canceling a bunch of pre-orders! :woo

Wait, is this coming out a day early?

...runs off to check movie times!

Edit: Yep, looks like I'm heading out to see Salvation first thing in the morning before I have to work at 2:30!!!

Oh, collector's notes:*minor spoilers!*

T-700 = only show in "legless" mode
T-700 "Factory" toy = inaccurate, its a t-800 factory
T-600's = seen both skinned and skinless, both badass
Flying HKs = the playmates toy is actually shockingly accurate...

MIA
Flying HK transport = totally new
Harvestors = cool, attach to HK transport
Moto-Terminators = awesome, launch from Harvestor's "legs"
T-800s = more screen time than the T-700...
Swimmers = neat, would make a great HT accessory!
Sentry bots = again, would make a great HT accessory!

It's far from great, but it's not quite as bad as most of its reviews indicate and definitely worth seeing if you're a TERMINATOR fan.

It's far from great, but it's not quite as bad as most of its reviews indicate and definitely worth seeing if you're a TERMINATOR fan.

Which is it's direct audience. This is not some re-boot. Its not going to convert new comers, and doesnt try to explain or retell the last 3 films. And honestly, for that, I'm thankful. :)

I don’t get all this harsh reviews. :rolleyes:
I think it was quite a well done action flick. I was highly entertained …and that what’s matter to me. Can’t wait to see it again. :joy

:wacky

highly, highly agreed. A definite A as a straight up action movie, a solid B+ overall.

I don’t get all this harsh reviews. :rolleyes:
I think it was quite a well done action flick. I was highly entertained …and that what’s matter to me. Can’t wait to see it again. :joy

:wacky

I agree. :rock

Some peeps ACT as if they personally invested a great deal of money into the making of this film. It's a film filled with made up characters. Plus it's summer time........relax! :rock

One of the things I liked about it was that it played as if it were solidly grounded in the other films as a sequel, not a stand-alone. I know others may actually think that a weakness, but I felt as if, since most of these characters are already well-established in previous films, the creators didn't waste time superfluously when source material can elaborate well enough, and instead they focused on character development for the few new characters and allowed for a great deal of apocalyptic action.

I loved the isolated feeling of the humans constantly being hunted and hiding in small collections huddled in fear. But I'm sick liked that. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now I'll be getting a HT Marcus figure as well considering how badass he turned out as a character in this. :rock

Glad to hear it didn't suck. Glad I can keep all my preorders too. But this also makes it even more impossible to find a BD endo from HT.

Back