Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally checked it out last night and I loved it! My only complaint is that at times the story telling seemed choppy. Like when Marcus and the pilot chick (forgot her name) got in out of the rain the night after her plane crashed. One second they're getting out of the rain, she's putting her gun down and he's off to look for wood and the next a group of 4 or 5 thugs show up, Marcus kicks their asses then, the next thing you know, the two of them are sitting by a fire snuggling. That transition just took an odd jump for me. For a second I wasn't sure if I was watching a dream sequence or what?

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that too...
I think it was poor editing...
at least they could've done fade-ins, fade-outs and some landscape shots in between...

I had the feeling that a lot of the scenes were cut down from much longer versions (which is likely considering 40 mins of cuts) to speed up the running time. Just that and some clunky exposition were the stand out distractions. Well that and everyone seemed to be wearing their physics inhibitor :lol

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that too...
I think it was poor editing...
at least they could've done fade-ins, fade-outs and some landscape shots in between...

You feel me Kuzeh? Some shots just had a total different feel then the one that followed yet no real time elapsed in the story for there to be such a change. It was just quirky. Still, f'm awesome film! :rock

I just saw the movie, and it was uber amazing!!! Going to watch it again this weekend, absolutelly loved it.

Finally TS's opening day here in Australia and I'm just over an hour away
from seeing it (first session 10:30am). Can't wait, hopefully I return to the
forum with something positive to say about it. There have been so many mixed
opinion's on this I don't know what to think.

Finally TS's opening day here in Australia and I'm just over an hour away
from seeing it (first session 10:30am). Can't wait, hopefully I return to the
forum with something positive to say about it. There have been so many mixed
opinion's on this I don't know what to think.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it man!

Not an awesome movie, but not bad. Good action, good effects and good cameo almost make up for the average acting, terrible score, no story and the most horrendous editing.

I did bad mouth this movie before I saw it, I went in with low expectations and I think it paid off. 6.5/10

Yeah, the score was a let down. I went in hoping for something cool, memorable...
T1, T2 had fantastic scores, even T3 has some good stuff in there. Especially the music you hear during the ending with the bombs launching! I really just miss that classic terminator theme that was played during the opening credits of the originals.

Just got back from seeing it. Thouroughly enjoyed it! My mate likened the cameo to "something out of Smackdown vs. Raw" :lol kind of accurate...

Enjoyed it overall though, well worth a watch. Bale kicks arse as Connor!

Yeah, the score was a let down. I went in hoping for something cool, memorable...
T1, T2 had fantastic scores, even T3 has some good stuff in there. Especially the music you hear during the ending with the bombs launching! I really just miss that classic terminator theme that was played during the opening credits of the originals.

And is it me, or was there a single scene with no music? I hate that about modern films. The Dark Knight was the same. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying feature no music (that goes without saying) but it's kind of like one scene with one piece of music, then a different scene with a different piece of music, and crap editing to blend them.

Still enjoyed it. Doesn't hold a candle to T1 & T2 though.

Just got back and I liked it, could have been better but then again so could
every other movie. I'll give it a even 7/10. Really enjoyed the final battle scene.

Same as Nacho, saw the 10.30am screening; I LOVED it! Sam Worthington was great, and seeing Arnold (I know it's not really him) just made me feel at home in a Terminator movie. Loved the little homages to T2 in the factory! Shame Marcus is gone, but no doubt McG will find a way to bring him back! I'm liking the idea for the next one, where terminators are sent back to the present (2011 by then?) to fight.....could be interesting! I know that TS isn't as great as T1 or T2, but all it is is different, plus it beats the hell out of T3! :D I will be going to see this again! 4 stars!

Just saw it, feeling kinda mixed about it. All I know is I loved the last 40 minutes or so (many plot twists I didnt' see coming). Loved the Arnie bit. I read about people complaining about the CGI Arnie but looked freakin' real to me. T-800 did look quite CGI-ish though, which was a shame, really.

Anyway, just a question that's been haunting my mind since I left the theather (maybe a spoiler, don't read if you haven't seen it):

How does Skynet know about Kyle Reese's role in John Connor's existence? How does it know Reese is Connor's father?

Just saw it, feeling kinda mixed about it. All I know is I loved the last 40 minutes or so (many plot twists I didnt' see coming). Loved the Arnie bit. I read about people complaining about the CGI Arnie but looked freakin' real to me. T-800 did look quite CGI-ish though, which was a shame, really.

Anyway, just a question that's been haunting my mind since I left the theather (maybe a spoiler, don't read if you haven't seen it):

How does Skynet know about Kyle Reese's role in John Connor's existence? How does it know Reese is Connor's father?

skynet is skynet it just knows :cool:

For that matter, why didn't Marcus express any surprise when he was told that the teenaged Reese was Connor's father? And Connor's exchanges with resistance command about Reese, and his announcement to all of the resistance fighters not to bomb the Skynet factory just seemed to assume that everyone knew why this kid was important.

And call me crazy, but if killing Reese would have gotten rid of Connor, why didn't Skynet just do that when they had him, instead of using him as bait to trap Connor? The only explanation I can think of is that Skynet didn't know exactly who Reese was -- just that he was important to Connor, but I can't remember if anything happened in the film to contradict this interpretation.

As far as I remember nowhere in the movie does skynet know reese is connor father..I dont remember connor telling anyone other then his wife in the movie..and aint sure he tells her I just assume she knows..

As far as I remember nowhere in the movie does skynet know reese is connor father..I dont remember connor telling anyone other then his wife in the movie..and aint sure he tells her I just assume she knows..

When John interrogates Marcus he says it.

Marcus is wired by Sky Net, he is "programmed" to go "home". I assume that everything Marcus knows Sky Net absorbed when he was linked and getting his own info downloaded.

Then, why is it Skynet's first priority to acquire / kill Kyle?

(In the submarine, Michael Ironside says that Skynet's planning to kill everyone there, number one priority being Reese and number two Connor)

When John interrogates Marcus he says it.

Marcus is wired by Sky Net, he is "programmed" to go "home". I assume that everything Marcus knows Sky Net absorbed when he was linked and getting his own info downloaded.

That would make sense... But the interrogation occurs after the submarine thing, right? Or before? I can't remember :(

Back