Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my newly aqquired t1 police shoot out terminator.

There may be better headsculpts about but I love this one and is the reason I joined here.
I have the parts on the way to make my own version and may do when I get time, or I'll have a go at putting together the tech noir version to go along side this one.

Special thanks to matt for selling me this awsome figure.

100_2570.jpg

100_2561.jpg

100_2585.jpg

100_2578.jpg

100_2558.jpg

100_2562.jpg

Thats 80s Bono that is. Face looks decent but the hair is terrible I'm afraid. Is that the hair from the original HT BD T-800 figure? Kinda looks like it.

Thats 80s Bono that is. Face looks decent but the hair is terrible I'm afraid. Is that the hair from the original HT BD T-800 figure? Kinda looks like it.

Could be the original hair resculpted from what I gather from the seller.

Bono terminator to be sure hehe;)

Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

Almost finished my police station T1 Terminator.
List of parts:
-Custom head (casted the Sideshow Arnie face, casted the batlle damaged Hot Toys hair and grafted the two to make the head).
-Cheap Hot Toys Rambo muscle body (some one had painted it orange!!! and it was all cracked behind the armpits, so I got it cheap) and muscle leg sleeves to fill the clothing out nicely.
-Hot Toys Nam gunner gloves
Hot Toys CIA pants (the Terminator cargo pants go for silly money on -Bay)
-Terminator boots, t-shirt and leather jacket (leftovers from when they were sensibly priced last year!)
Spas 12 shotgun.
Now I just need to make up an AR18 carbine out of an SLR and an M16, and get hold of some proper T1 shades (if anyone has a pair please pm me).
If I can learn to solder I might make an LED eye to finish.
Dizzy:google

Took some digging but this is my t1 custom thanks to dizzyarse for making this bast**d creation I love it and interesting to see how you come up with the head and assault rifle.

The page below shows how to make the assault rifle

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35168&page=64

Yes i have no life:)

I am glad that you like him Sparky, and that he is still around... and yes, the hair is a bit mullet-like, but that will come back as a fashion icon!!!
As I said when it first got 'cussed, back on page 101 (I think) "All hail the mighty mullet!!!"
It was a casting of a Sideshow T2 face, and another of the battle damaged HT hair, with body putty to fill the gaps. The body was a Rambo rubber one, and it was touch and go whether the jacket would fit over the shoulders.
All good fun, which is what this hobby is really about.
And to those who take the pi** out of newbies like the kid who made "hamburger head" or "Mr Lumpy Head Arnie" I say... let us see you do better!
Dizzy

I couldn't. Fair play to you, what you did was very skilled combining a sideshow face cast with a 'filled-in' HT BD T-800 hair. The fact simply remains that that hair is poor - not your fault, its what you had to work with. I don't know what HT were doing giving him a mullet-type hairstyle - fine, you don't have the likeness rights - so just change the face! Don't give him a hairstyle he didn't have. Oh well, ancient history, there'll hopefully be a new one with full likeness rights to rectify that.

In anticipation of HT making a T1 figure, and how nice the T2 looks I just sold my custom on eBay. Got $300 for him which was good as I had about $200 invested.

Still a bit sad to see him go, but I was never able to track down Gargoyles... so fingers crossed HT comes through.

Even if they don't, their T2 is more than enough to keep me happy :lol

Goodbye T1 T-800 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

termb-1-1.gif

Last edited:
In anticipation of HT making a T1 figure, and how nice the T2 looks I just sold my custom on eBay. Got $300 for him which was good as I had about $200 invested.

Still a bit sad to see him go, but I was never able to track down Gargoyles... so fingers crossed HT comes through.

Even if they don't, their T2 is more than enough to keep me happy :lol

Goodbye T1 T-800 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

:monkey2..............but cleared $100..........:yess:
not bad at all.

Yeah, I feel a bit bad about it. But since I was never able to track down the glasses I don't feel too bad.

Also, this frees me up (if HT doesn't do it) to make a Tech Noir version... which would be my preference for T1.

I am glad that you like him Sparky, and that he is still around... and yes, the hair is a bit mullet-like, but that will come back as a fashion icon!!!
As I said when it first got 'cussed, back on page 101 (I think) "All hail the mighty mullet!!!"
It was a casting of a Sideshow T2 face, and another of the battle damaged HT hair, with body putty to fill the gaps. The body was a Rambo rubber one, and it was touch and go whether the jacket would fit over the shoulders.
All good fun, which is what this hobby is really about.
And to those who take the pi** out of newbies like the kid who made "hamburger head" or "Mr Lumpy Head Arnie" I say... let us see you do better!
Dizzy

Mullet power lol

I won't mess with him too much as you done a great job with the clothes and looks great,plus as you said the jacket is pretty packed.
I did turn round the magazines in the gun though hehe.
Can't agree more about people taking the piss and thats not what this is about.
Not everyone has skills but that should'nt stop them having a go and sharing.

Congrats to gb on selling your custom arnie I was tempted by that headsculpt it is spot on but way she goes;)

Back