Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reference T2.jpgFInal Battle 1.jpgFinal Battle 2.jpgFinal Battle 3.jpg

Hi guys this is my first time in the forum and I hope I am in the right place, If not then please accept my apologies.

I would like to present my custom Neca 12" Final Battle T101.

I was never happy with how he arrived and decided to give him a repaint and im quite happy with how he turned out. I am awaiting some Alclad Chrome to arrive and will be chroming the endo parts but for now here he is. ( I am also working on a better base )

I also run a custom 3d printing/Paint service and as most custom painters have several more projects running at the same time. I don't know if posting links is allowed here but id like to share my page if there is interest

I hope you like and again I apologise if I am breaking any rules

Kind regards

David

Hi guys please find attached my custom Neca 18" repaint and customer Darren Carnall repaint. Hope you like uploadfromtaptalk1436786122063.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436786148849.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

fca7b25c868a678e31117dcbe3439384.jpg
77b7a5795ef479b92aa6d207bbbb789a.jpg
cd99d98f16c634b593a1a8d1c950352e.jpg
Here's a few more custom pieces I've been working on lately
ec009d786a2edeac86817eb87756a1b4.jpg
340033160ccc2407802f264d35178de3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I've been working on a custom Carl T-800 Battle Damage for a few months now. I've taken inspiration from the movie and Mortal Kombat 11 so the figure has a mix of both. Sorry I don't know how to resize images so my bad for everything being as big as it is.

I took some creative liberties with the battle damage and made things more bloody. Unfortunately, the Battle Damage head I got from JinToy came with extra blood smudged all along the side of the face and I wasn't able to remove it nor did I want to risk repainting with flesh coloured paint. I tried repainting the hair so that it was more screen accurate, but I'm pretty new at this stuff. I also painted over the scrapes and 'cuts' on my BD Head from JinToy because it wasn't screen accurate. On the right temple, the gash there was just 3 red lines in the shape of an angled 'F' and it really bothered me. The scar on Carl's cheek was also not painted when I received my head, and I wasn't too fond of how the beard was when I got the head so I did some touch ups to make it closer to the movie.

The biggest obstacle for me was the endo-arm. Thankfully I was able to find someone to help me out and 3D printed a fully articulated arm during the entire process. I'm still adding some touches to the body (dirt on the boots and more weathering on the jeans) but I'm in the middle of moving so its packed away in storage.

MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO RODSRANDOMWORK on Instagram. Rod made the arm possible for me. Check him out if you need custom printing done!
https://www.instagram.com/rodsrandomwork/

20210417_194044.jpg

20210417_191104.jpg

20210417_191042.jpg

20210417_191550.jpg

20210417_191645.jpg

20210415_182143.jpg

Head: JinToy
Body: Phicen M34
Endo arm: https://www.instagram.com/rodsrandomwork

What a blast from the past. How did you even find this thread? :lol

Nice job on that. Cool to have the switch-out arm option. I like all the shrapnel wounds.

Been a long time since we had Terminator customizing in these parts. I remember that boom period before Hot Toys released DX13 and MMS238.

What a blast from the past. How did you even find this thread? :lol

Nice job on that. Cool to have the switch-out arm option. I like all the shrapnel wounds.

Been a long time since we had Terminator customizing in these parts. I remember that boom period before Hot Toys released DX13 and MMS238.

Hi A-dev!

I looked up custom terminator figures in the search! I didn't realize that the last post was from 2016. Also, thank you! Its been a journey getting this together.

Hi A-dev!

I looked up custom terminator figures in the search! I didn't realize that the last post was from 2016. Also, thank you! Its been a journey getting this together.

Shame it's in the wrong section. Statues & action figures became subdivided many years back but it looks like this thread was missed when everything was being moved around.

I remember you PMed me for information about doing this one and I couldn't really help but glad you were able to put it together in the end.

Shame it's in the wrong section. Statues & action figures became subdivided many years back but it looks like this thread was missed when everything was being moved around.

I remember you PMed me for information about doing this one and I couldn't really help but glad you were able to put it together in the end.

Yup I did and I still appreciated you taking the time to respond back. Oh I wasn't around for that even as a lurker lol. Shame. I'd love to see whatever customs people are still making.

Wow good job, looks awesome! Didn?t know there was a Dark Fate Arnold sculpt out there, looks fantastic. I always thought visually he looked a lot cooler in DF than in Genesis and if HT could make a Guardian figure they?d for sure make a ?Carl?, but alas, they did not

Nice work buddy [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow good job, looks awesome! Didn?t know there was a Dark Fate Arnold sculpt out there, looks fantastic. I always thought visually he looked a lot cooler in DF than in Genesis and if HT could make a Guardian figure they?d for sure make a ?Carl?, but alas, they did not

Nice work buddy [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Hot Toys would get in the ring. The only HotToys Terminator I own is the Guardian, I would love to own a Carl. They could easily make a regular, semi battle damaged and fully damaged Carl.

Also, thank you! There are two independent artists that I've seen making Carl head sculpts.

You got https://www.jintoy.com/sculpture-29
And https://mjhcustoms.blogspot.com/2020/03/16-arnold-schwarzenegger-from.html https://www.facebook.com/Martin.Hillier.digital.sculpture/

I was communicating with the second fellow a while back. He sent me some photos of the BD and full BD heads he printed and painted but the picture quality wasn't the best. When I requested an HD image of the BD head so I could see the paint app in better detail [I was considering buying it from him], he never got back to me.

Kind of a custom per se... NECA 1/4 DUTCH head on the NECA 1/4 T2 body.
ea19163618b3caf379473347daae7134.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I ended up doing a sloppy kitbash with the NECA T800 and 3Zero T800. The goal was to get the 3Zero Head on the NECA body because IMO I think the head looks better than the NECA sculpt.

20220121_113930.jpg

I replaced the Upper Torso of the NECA with the 3Zero Upper Torso so I wouldn't have to damage the 3Zero Head. Because the 3Zero upper torso is thicker than the NECA torso, the plastic shirt sticks out a bit more. IMO, I feel this makes it just that much closer to how the character appears in MK11.

The NECA arms are just loosely hanging in there right now and the 3Zero upper torso is not connected to the lower torso of the NECA figure. Eventually I'll create some peg holes with clay or something so I can get the articulation back. I didn't want to keep the 3Zero arms because I didn't like the idea of the 3Zero faux jacket + plastic jeans. Feel like it would be too much of a mishmash.

So, the torso swap ended up making the figure shorter. The NECA T800 is already short when you put it next to the McFarlane MK 11 figures (Johnny Cage towers over the NECA T800). The swap also made it shorter than the original NECA T800. I thought about removing the NECA boots/pegs and replacing them with the 3Zero boot/pegs. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but to my delight, it did!

How it stood originally:
20220119_193226.png

20220119_194237.jpg

How it stands now with the 3Zero Pegs and Boots + a little torso adjustment:
20220121_114351.jpg

You can also see the 3Zero Boots in the first image of my post.

I removed the NECA hands and put the 3Zero pegs in there. Now the figure has an assortment of 3Zero hands to swap in and out with but the range of motion is limited.

Anyhow, I'm happy with my work. Just gotta add the articulation to the arms and connect the 3Zero upper torso to the NECA lower Torso and I can put it in with my MK 11 collection.
20220121_114714.jpg

Back