Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commtech that middle Tech Noir figure is great. Looks just right!

This head I've just finished painting, it'll be going on a full-figure custom for someone (one of a few). Hopefully I'll get pics before I send it out. (not that it'll look different than any other Terminator customs in here) Arnie is Arnie :lol

20100216_1Medium.jpg

20100216_3Medium.jpg

Darren, Your Arnie T2 damage heads are just TOO COOL. Do you sell unpainted head casts?? Im still looking for the best tech Noir pants.. Any ideas anyone??

this is my custom kyle reese(yes i know it is pretty lame).

i think the problem come from the coat.
i need a more movie accurate coat but i don't find it.

can you guys help?
thank.

Thanks Gboy. It is a hero head. I just applied many, many layers of skin color paint to get rid of some of that rough texture and make it a bit smoother. I love the hero heads but they all seem to have that rough texture.

Thanks Gboy. It is a hero head. I just applied many, many layers of skin color paint to get rid of some of that rough texture and make it a bit smoother. I love the hero heads but they all seem to have that rough texture.

Lonnie at H2 told me last week that he's done new and vastly improved sculpts for his 3 Arnie T1 heads out in March. And yes, your Technoir Arnie is amazing...very accurate and the head paintjob on the head is fantastic!!!

Hey, thanks guys! Yeah that Tech Noir Arnie is my pride...

For the jacket I used the Toys City M1943 aka M43 Field Jacket https://www.unitoyzone.com/popup_image.php?pID=2826&image=2. Elvis1976 is the one who told me that this jacket was perfect for the TA Arnie. They are kind of hard to find loose now. Here's one but comes with a full set:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ff80f74&itemid=110357132476&ff4=263602_263622

or here:

https://www.unitoyzone.com/product_info.php?products_id=2826

commtech your a legend :chew

Ive been looking for that jacket for ages to finish my gorman

cheers for the link :banana

Nifty outfit change. Is it based on anything in particular? Perhaps her in-between T1 and T2 adventures? Her face looks a bit demonic in that second pic though.

Those look pretty good. I can't wait for Hot Toys' Tech Noir figure. I know it will happen.

yep its pretty much confirmed with the ask sideshow page from this week i cant wait either:banana

really. a Noir?! sweet! anyone heard anything on a TI police Station version?
leather jacket, cargo pants and light up eye!

Well, I understand this thread died out after Hot Toys announced doing new T2 stuff, but I wanted to say I finally cast my custom terminator sculpt and stuck it on a body...

you guys remember this?

arnold4.jpg

well, after working on it for about a week after this pic was taken, I put it down and didn't do much with it until several months later, when I molded it in silicone.

The silicone constantly oozed some sort of yellowish stuff, and I would blott it off, and the next day the ooze would be back... so I didn't think I could cast it safely while it was oozing (what if the ooze got mixed in with the casting resin? That might not turn out well)...

So about 2 weeks ago I took the mold out, and the ooze had lessened significantly. I had been planning to cast other things at the time, so I decided to cast the terminator sculpt as well.

It worked, and I started working on painting one about a week ago. Several days ago I finished the paint. Just the other day, I was able to whittle out a hole in the bottom of the sculpt just the right size so it can pop onto and off of a short HT neck post.

Today, I took some pics, so without further ado, I present my finished first attempt at Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator!

FILE0653.jpg

FILE0656.jpg

FILE0667.jpg

FILE0670.jpg

FILE0688.jpg

FILE0690.jpg

FILE0692.jpg

FILE0697.jpg

FILE0698.jpg

he's not great, but it turned out better than I had expected it to. I learned a lot from sculpting this head, and now I could definitely sculpt another, more realistic Terminator headsculpt if I wanted to. Since this sculpt I have pretty much mastered sculpting eyes, and I'm working on sculpting more realistic ears. I probably will not resculpt this head, I'm thinking of saving up and just getting the Hot Toys one or something.

You know, this thread, this headsculpt, is why I joined SSF. Now I spend most of my time in the Star Wars customs section, but this is what got me started.

Let me guys know what you think! Sorry for bringing this old thread up again, I just wanted to show you guys what ended up happening to "Mr. Lumpy Head"...

Good start, but my honest critic is it looks a bit strange. The paint and sculpt look like they have melted slightly, sorry dude but maybe a re-work is a good idea. Seeing as you have a sound clothing and weapons set :rock Good start bro

Good start, but my honest critic is it looks a bit strange. The paint and sculpt look like they have melted slightly, sorry dude but maybe a re-work is a good idea. Seeing as you have a sound clothing and weapons set :rock Good start bro

Thanks!

As I stated, I don't think I'll be reworking this sculpt, as I'm probably going to end up buying a Hot Toys one on eBay or something...

I know he looks strange, I didn't give a whole lot of definition to the nose, it sorta blends with the rest of his face on either side... also the paint is a bit rough... and it was my first time really doing lips. Also, the brow leaves absolutely no room for the eyelids...

but at least, at certain angles, in certain light, with the custom sunglasses on from far away he looks almost like the Terminator... see? In this shot he doesn't looks so bad.

FILE0700.jpg

If I really can't find a HT sculpt at some point for under $40 or so, then maybe this sculpt will get a revisit, but for now, it'll serve as a good placeholder. This sculpt was a great learning experience, I learned a lot about what ways you can sculpt hair and have it look decent, now I also know how I could improve upon the nose, lips, eyes, and ears. One major issue I have is painting, and I might need a good airbrush for that!

I would echo what Skynet said, it looks very rough and almost like an impressionistic painting in one shot - however, I can see Arnold-features there and you're dealing with the right colours as regards paint by the looks of it. How do you get the skintone colour? I've been able to patch up scratches or oddities on the paint of hair and clothes (on all plastic figures) but if a figure's face gets scratched or has mess I don't know what to do.

All-in-all keep working on it, you can only get better - I only buy and admire other peoples work so you're a step above the likes of me at least.

I would echo what Skynet said, it looks very rough and almost like an impressionistic painting in one shot - however, I can see Arnold-features there and you're dealing with the right colours as regards paint by the looks of it. How do you get the skintone colour? I've been able to patch up scratches or oddities on the paint of hair and clothes (on all plastic figures) but if a figure's face gets scratched or has mess I don't know what to do.

All-in-all keep working on it, you can only get better - I only buy and admire other peoples work so you're a step above the likes of me at least.

Well, I only actually have 4 colors of paint... those being tan, red, black, and brown... for skin tone I mix a little red with the tan, unless the head was asian, then the tan would be right :lol

anyway I start with an undercoat of a ratio of probably 1:3 red to tan, then maybe a 1:5 red to tan is painted on top... if you're trying to match paint colors you should probably experiment mixing tan with red until you get the color you want....

Back