Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

Dude, you have to appreciate that there are people on here who criticize Hot Toys, and others who have a sense of humour that can be rather scathing. Power to anyone who tries to create, and post pics to encourage others (the world would be a much better place to live if more people created, rather than destroyed), but saying all that... if you post your work be prepared that others may either find fault or take the pee.
Do not let it discourage you... let it inspire you to work at your skills until you do create something that no-one can find fault with.
Dizzy

Dude, you have to appreciate that there are people on here who criticize Hot Toys, and others who have a sense of humour that can be rather scathing. Power to anyone who tries to create, and post pics to encourage others (the world would be a much better place to live if more people created, rather than destroyed), but saying all that... if you post your work be prepared that others may either find fault or take the pee.
Do not let it discourage you... let it inspire you to work at your skills until you do create something that no-one can find fault with.
Dizzy

Thanks for the advice Dizzy... And by the way your creations are amazing... I like the marcus wright body with the endo showing thru and also the arnie with exposed endo arm... Did you use a HT muscle body with an arm from the HT T-800 endo?

Also I have reworked the sculpt somewhat, will get some pics up later.

Starting to look much better. The chin still seems a bit too wide and the brow ridge still overly pronounced. Keep going.

Cheers :) Mario

You're definitely getting better. Just keep tinkering with it.

Starting to look much better. The chin still seems a bit too wide and the brow ridge still overly pronounced. Keep going.

Thanks. If you hadn't noticed, I beefed up his neck A LOT. Its width is about 150% what it used to be. LOL Makes the head look better in context. I also majorly reworked his jaw area, and modified his nose...

If you hadn't noticed, I beefed up his neck A LOT. Its width is about 150% what it used to be.
make it the same width with the head in ear area. arnie was a bodybuilder, don't make him look like neo from the matrix.
2.jpg

see how wide the endo's neck is?
another point: head is too long for him and too narrow. have you looked at these pics as you were adviced? get the proportions and shape from there, it is a sculpt too, and pics are taken from all sides you need to get a 3d picture in your mind.

Last edited:

alright everybody... Arnie's taken a turn for the worse... he looks so bad now I won't even bother posing pics until I can fix him... whatever essence of Mr. Schwarzenegger I had captured has completely and utterly died today... hopefully I can fix the sculpt soon...

alright everybody... Arnie's taken a turn for the worse... he looks so bad now I won't even bother posing pics until I can fix him... whatever essence of Mr. Schwarzenegger I had captured has completely and utterly died today... hopefully I can fix the sculpt soon...

R.I.P Mr Lumpy Head........................

Best of luck with the next sculpt :) . Don't give up.

R.I.P Mr Lumpy Head........................

Best of luck with the next sculpt :) . Don't give up.

I'm not giving up on THIS sculpt... just needs some work... it has a little bit of potential left that would be lost if I started all over again... I just messed up the jawline and nose... I think I'm gonna cut off the nose...to spite my own face-sculpt-thing LOL :rotfl

BTW, if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Temuera Morisson had a child, and he grew up to be about thirty, and then he had gas, that's what the sculpt looks like for now...

I'm not giving up on THIS sculpt... just needs some work... it has a little bit of potential left that would be lost if I started all over again... I just messed up the jawline and nose... I think I'm gonna cut off the nose...to spite my own face-sculpt-thing LOL :rotfl

BTW, if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Temuera Morisson had a child, and he grew up to be about thirty, and then he had gas, that's what the sculpt looks like for now...

You have to put up at least one pic of this "Hybrid".

We all need a little "WTF" moment to start the day :lol .

You have to put up at least one pic of this "Hybrid".

We all need a little "WTF" moment to start the day :lol .

To start the day? What time is it in the land down under?

I live in Virginia in the US, and over here it's about 6:21 PM

To start the day? What time is it in the land down under?

I live in Virginia in the US, and over here it's about 6:21 PM

It's nearly 8:00am in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.

I just love how the early morning sunrise shines off the scaly backs of the crocodiles outside.

It's nearly 8:00am in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.

I just love how the early morning sunrise shines off the scaly backs of the crocodiles outside.

Wow, sounds nice. I don't get to catch the sunrise over here usually, because most of the time I'm awake and at school in my first class of the day before the sun comes up, so usually I'm lucky if I can see it through a window on the bus or at school. And otherwise I don't wake up early enough to see it when I don't have school... Funny how that works isn't it? Haven't been to school in two days though, I've had a terrible cough. :sick

Anyway, just to make sure this post isn't completely off topic, I will try to put a pic of the sculpt up soon, if I have time...

I'm keeping my near complete custom arnold. Even if hot toys do top it I think I'd like to have my own personal custom T-800 figure , can't get enough terminator..

I'm keeping my near complete custom arnold. Even if hot toys do top it I think I'd like to have my own personal custom T-800 figure , can't get enough terminator..

Depends. I'll prolly mix and match. Mine may evolve into John Kruger.

15489-22099.gif

Back