Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

I'm using the toy soldier body which has worked out well with Darren's T2 sculpt. Currently waiting on a Saturday Toys biker set to arrive, and just wondering if anyone had ideas about what boots to use?

I think I'm gonna use the default sideshow ones for now.
I am hopefully picking up the toy solider body too , whats the joint like on the neck ?.
Would it require serious modification for a sideshow head to fit on it ?. :)

So If one of you was building a custom T-800 and wanted to get the best body for it in your opinion, what would it be?

I think I'm gonna use the default sideshow ones for now.
I am hopefully picking up the toy solider body too , whats the joint like on the neck ?.
Would it require serious modification for a sideshow head to fit on it ?. :)

Hicks, the TS neck adapter is fine for SS heads. Darren's Arnie sculpts are reworks of the SS heads, so there is no problem there. The only thing would be to add some blu-tac or build up some tape around the neck post to secure the sculpt to the neck post. No complaints with the TS body either as there's plenty of articulation on the figure.

th_DSC03812.jpg

th_DSC03813.jpg

Hicks, the TS neck adapter is fine for SS heads. Darren's Arnie sculpts are reworks of the SS heads, so there is no problem there. The only thing would be to add some blu-tac or build up some tape around the neck post to secure the sculpt to the neck post. No complaints with the TS body either as there's plenty of articulation on the figure.

th_DSC03812.jpg

th_DSC03813.jpg

awesome !. Thanks for letting me know bro ! :rock
That kicks ass ! :rock

looking at Darrens complete terminator 2 arnold you can see how well the toy solider body works for his shape.
I' not entirely sure what adjustments did to the default body but theres certainly certain things you can still see anyway that blow the sideshow body out of the water.
20071011_11a.jpg

The slanted shoulders , the overall stance. It all seems great. With the right pose it turns out to be one fantastic figure.

NP Hicks, they can be found quite cheaply on ebay. I purchased two not long ago for around $12US each. They come with bendy fingers on ball jointed wrists, so can be swapped over with other types of hands easily.

Sscalltheway, yeah this sculpt does kick lol! I highly recommend Darren's sculpt's if he has any still available. I bought his clean version and the battle damaged head, and had a friend paint them up. They're very pale atm and need a lot more work :)

ah, Hicks ..I asked Darren what mod he had done for his Arnie sculpt to fit to the neck post and he told me that he shaved a bit off the bottom of the neck post to make the head not appear too high from the torso.

NP Hicks, they can be found quite cheaply on ebay. I purchased two not long ago for around $12US each. They come with bendy fingers on ball jointed wrists, so can be swapped over with other types of hands easily.

Sscalltheway, yeah this sculpt does kick lol! I highly recommend Darren's sculpt's if he has any still available. I bought his clean version and the battle damaged head, and had a friend paint them up. They're very pale atm and need a lot more work :)

I managed to get a battle damaged Darren sculpt on order ! :rock
Can't wait to receive it. I'm slowly but surely putting the figure together , should hopefully be all finished up by the time the head gets here ! :rock
Thanks again !. :D

ah, Hicks ..I asked Darren what mod he had done for his Arnie sculpt to fit to the neck post and he told me that he shaved a bit off the bottom of the neck post to make the head not appear too high from the torso.

there we go... figured there would be something.
Does it look elongated in anyway in your opinion without modification ?.

Hmm not really. Looking at the head on the nude body, it does look slightly high (and I'm being very picky in that judgement). I'd say when outfitted it would look fine without any mod to the neck post. That is awesome you're getting the battle damaged head, you wont be dissapointed!

I use HT truetype body and it fits Darren's HS perfectly. IMO

Is Darren still offering these for sale? I really liked one of the Anakin heads I got from him.

Can anyone tell me how much Darren's headsculpts are? Curious because i really want one but dont know if i have the money.

Sscalltheway, if you want an unpainted sculpt they are 10GBP each, or if you want a head painted by Darren it is 80GBP. I'd get on to it quickly and not too sure if he has any heads left, so it is best to speak to him about it. I have a painted Arnie head pending with Darren, which he has told me would take a few months to have done due to his schedule, so be prepared for a wait if you go that route :)

Last edited:

Guys ..I've been curious about getting a 1:6 Fatboy for my Arnie. From what I've read it is a '91 Harley with Evo engine (FLSTF). Any other ideas on what other types of model kits etc that would match T2 Arnie's ride?

Guys ..I've been curious about getting a 1:6 Fatboy for my Arnie. From what I've read it is a '91 Harley with Evo engine (FLSTF). Any other ideas on what other types of model kits etc that would match T2 Arnie's ride?

Testors has some nice Harley kits in production for around $60-$70 I think. I got one of their 1/6th Road Kings last year and it was really a pretty nice kit. Lots of pre-painted diecast parts though, which you may have to strip if you don't like the color.

Tamiya had also done a Fat Boy kit back in the 80s I think...still a few of them around on eBay.

Back