Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

where did all our terminator bros go????.......:dunno

anyone else have a completed terminator yet???

hmm haven't posted in awhile, i still cant find the grenade launcher, i've seen a SCAR figure bandolier, will need to be painted black

Still WIP... waiting on the painted head right now.

seems like a lot of people are waiting on a painted head. we need to get tay to update the front picture page of people who have finished (which i think is just a few right now)

ok I stuck Voorhees27's photo up on the first page. :rock
Awesome job by the way.

Colt/detonics 1911

The T-800 can be seen using a Colt/detonics hybrid with Pachmayr grips, a variation of the M1911A1, taken from the cigar smoking biker at the start of the movie. He then uses it to wound a security guard at the psychiatric hospital, holds a Security Guard at gunpoint at the Cyberdyne systems building and at the steel mill to shatter the frozen T-1000.

wikipedia is your friend..........:lecture

thank you ! :rock

If you find something better than what Sideshow gave us let me know.

I actually totally forgot he came with one. Granted mine is now lost. :lol

Colt/detonics 1911

The T-800 can be seen using a Colt/detonics hybrid with Pachmayr grips, a variation of the M1911A1, taken from the cigar smoking biker at the start of the movie. He then uses it to wound a security guard at the psychiatric hospital, holds a Security Guard at gunpoint at the Cyberdyne systems building and at the steel mill to shatter the frozen T-1000.

wikipedia is your friend..........:lecture

What he said. Basically just find a silver/stainless 1/6 1911 and paint the slide and grips black. Or if the gun is black, paint the frame silver.

Almost finished my police station T1 Terminator.
List of parts:
-Custom head (casted the Sideshow Arnie face, casted the batlle damaged Hot Toys hair and grafted the two to make the head).
-Cheap Hot Toys Rambo muscle body (some one had painted it orange!!! and it was all cracked behind the armpits, so I got it cheap) and muscle leg sleeves to fill the clothing out nicely.
-Hot Toys Nam gunner gloves
Hot Toys CIA pants (the Terminator cargo pants go for silly money on -Bay)
-Terminator boots, t-shirt and leather jacket (leftovers from when they were sensibly priced last year!)
Spas 12 shotgun.
Now I just need to make up an AR18 carbine out of an SLR and an M16, and get hold of some proper T1 shades (if anyone has a pair please pm me).
If I can learn to solder I might make an LED eye to finish.
Dizzy:google

that is a great site..........many thanks :D I'm in the process of doing a custom and wondered what weapon i needed to use. :banana

Hey tiger... just left you positive feedback now I topped 50 posts!
Which custom you doing?

your terminator looks great dizzy !!!!:banana

Tried painting my T1 head the other day. Came out horrible. I've had a little experiance painting lifesize hockey masks and some 3 3/4" Star Wars figures so I went into this thinking this wouldn't be any different but I was wrong. Definantly not as easy as I had planned. Once I got it painted the tranlucency didn't show up and when I finally did get it to a point where it was mildly acceptable, I botched up the eye. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and send it into a spfx artist I've had repaint a few masks for me and have him repaint it. Gave me a great price to boot.

Oh and by the way, thats a real solid looking Termi you got there Dizzy! Great job!

Yeah, painting heads is real difficult... got some good tips from Les (dry brushing alternating with wash for the flesh, and the eyes!!! OMG I cant think of anything more difficult than getting the iris and pupils just right so they dont look cross-eyed or having lashes that look like a drag queen!
Dizzy

Yeah, painting heads is real difficult... got some good tips from Les (dry brushing alternating with wash for the flesh, and the eyes!!! OMG I cant think of anything more difficult than getting the iris and pupils just right so they dont look cross-eyed or having lashes that look like a drag queen!
Dizzy

Yeah I tried dry brushing and washes and while eventually I got it to look acceptible, the sculpt lost it's transparency (it was cast in flesh colored translucent resin to give it a more real skin look). But the eyes were killing me. I've repainted eyes on 3" SW figures but I was never trying to make them look lifelike so this was a real challenge for me. Of course I ^^^^ed up the eyes (several times in fact) that I decided to just throw in the towel and let someone whos an expert paint it.

Hey tiger... just left you positive feedback now I topped 50 posts!
Which custom you doing?

Doing a custom Dillion to go with my Dutch, Blaine and Billy to go on my Diorama :D had to check out what gun he was using which was a modified HK94 to look like an MP5, I have an MP5 already so will use that instead :banana

good luck mate... afro carribean skin is so hard to get right... caucasian is bad enough!

taking the easy option and re-using an appollo creed head that I picked up the other day.........
:banana
I saw you feedback :D

Still here Barryo! Just waiting on a few more items to come in rather than posting wip pics all the time ;)

Darth, this site helped me get started on painting, so I hope it may be of some use for your sculpt

https://www.slappingpaint.net/JN_creatingfleshtones.htm

Any chance for you to just go over the eyes again with white and start them over? A great tip I came across (think it was from SStudios thread), is to pencil in the outline of the eyes where you want them positioned, then paint in the rest - good luck anyhow and hope to see your results :)

I tried going over the eyes and I used a mechanical pencil to outline them. The main problem was painting the pupil so it wasnt a light grey. Thats the part I mainly messed up on. I repainted it severall times but it got to the point where it got kinda globby looking. I also read on several spfx forums from artists who have painted silicone and translucent resin and most of them said you almost really need an airbrush to paint translucent flesh colored casts to keep the transparency and still look realistic. Have no idea if it's true or not though.

I tried going over the eyes and I used a mechanical pencil to outline them. The main problem was painting the pupil so it wasnt a light grey. Thats the part I mainly messed up on. I repainted it severall times but it got to the point where it got kinda globby looking. I also read on several spfx forums from artists who have painted silicone and translucent resin and most of them said you almost really need an airbrush to paint translucent flesh colored casts to keep the transparency and still look realistic. Have no idea if it's true or not though.

DF........if you are looking for a paint that goes on very lightly to see the underneath (as in a headsculpt) and want to bring out tones and accents try using this....."tuscany, blendable stencil paint cream". there are lots of colors to choose from and is really simple to put on whatever you are painting. its very thin but the best part is that it takes like 3 days to adhere to the surface. you can apply it to the surface and if you dont like it......just wipe it off. i messed around with it by accident painting a predator/dutch custom. i screwed it up like 4 times and just kept wiping it off and starting over until i got it right. once it set up i used dullcote to lock it in & came out great. it's almost like how a woman applies makeup..:lol. (just think of sports, shooting guns, & working on rebuilding your cars engine while doing this & you should be fine....:D). and it also can be layered as well to make darker or less transparent, just needs to set up. its not a fast process but it pays off with only a few days invested.

:wave........hey GR..........hows the fatboy coming along??? mine is almost done except for the tank emblem & a little bit of pinstriping.

Back