Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all honesty if it was not for the fact I might have wanted to sell this guy in the future because of other items coming out, I would have had no problem keeping him. The issues would always be hidden. But those issues would have affected resale and I probably would not be able to get back what I bought him for.

He is a great statue. It's to bad it had those issues. But if you are a big Terminator fan I don't think there is a reason to not keep this.

I think this issue is minor compared to the Raiders Indy jacket issue.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. Sideshow has not really advanced the quality of their PFs in several years. Non human characters for the most part are nice, but they continue to struggle with their human characters, especially when it comes to realism and the paint apps. When you've got other companies excelling in that department while you are standing still, how can you expect to compete? The one piece expected to change the way PFs are made we are still waiting on, what after two years of its preorder? Not a good sign.

This is a good-looking PF, ruined by either a poor choice of material or paint apps, or both. A real shame.

What piece is this?

Ski

Well Im shipping mine off tomorrow but good lord hes hard to get back in his box. What am I doing wrong? I have him situated as far as he can go in the bottom foam and the top of the foam still wont close down?

Well Im shipping mine off tomorrow but good lord hes hard to get back in his box. What am I doing wrong? I have him situated as far as he can go in the bottom foam and the top of the foam still wont close down?

i hope they can send me a reg head from ur return:(

My conversation with SSC customer support has wrapped up on this, and they would not budge on saying that my returning this will result in my having to eat both shipping costs to them, and I will not be refunded my original shipping cost.

Given the dramatic increase in QC issues with SSC, and now, their apparent unwillingness to provide customers a fair refund when issues like this occurs, I've got much less support for this company than I did previously.

sucks to hear bud. I just opened mine last week after finally getting him with my final flex pay. He's amazing but I do see what the issue with the paint and jacket is and will be. His whole left arm was stuck to the inside of the jacket. At first I thought it was supposed to be that way and was glue until I read some posts saying nope. So I unstuck the jacket on the arm but I do see how the neck and gun can and probably will have a future impact on the piece. I did have some flesh tone paint on the inner cuff of the jacket but since it will be impossible to see it I don't really care about that and just covered it up with black marker.

All in all, I'm just gonna live with whatever happens. You'll never see the damage if it ever happens so eh I don't really care but I can understand for the people who do.

If you plan on keeping it, you may want to go one of the two routes folks have tried in this thread already. The first (advocated by SSC) is to use baby powder. The second is to take some black cloth (hopefully it won't stick to the paint!), cut it in sizes that would fit inside the collar/cuffs, and stick it between the jacket and paint. Though the issue seems minor now, I can imagine folks having issues when they try to package him up later (thus, having to take off the head and hands) and the paint sticks so badly that more paint comes off than you would like. At that point, it is possible that more noticeable issues will pop up.

If you plan on keeping it, you may want to go one of the two routes folks have tried in this thread already. The first (advocated by SSC) is to use baby powder. The second is to take some black cloth (hopefully it won't stick to the paint!), cut it in sizes that would fit inside the collar/cuffs, and stick it between the jacket and paint. Though the issue seems minor now, I can imagine folks having issues when they try to package him up later (thus, having to take off the head and hands) and the paint sticks so badly that more paint comes off than you would like. At that point, it is possible that more noticeable issues will pop up.

I've seen both. I may try the black cloth or something else. Doubt the baby powder would work. We'll see, but yea I am keeping it. It's too awesome and I don't like the Dutch PF enough to sub him in.

That's always been one of Sideshow's strongest points to me. Hot Toys sucks in that area, for instance. But now, they're losing me in that department.

Sorry to dredge up the topic but what is their reasoning on this stance, that it's been over 30 days??

Apparently so. Here is the response from a supervisor that I asked to communicate with:

As per our return and exchange policy, we honor a 30 day calendar grace period from the delivery date of your package. A refund past your grace period will be honored for this particular inquiry. As mentioned per Daniel’s previous emails to you, we are able to honor a refund of the product price you paid for your Terminator figure, excluding the shipping costs. As we do not offer a full warranty past the 30 day grace period we ask that you please cover the costs to ship your figure back to us for your refund.

So in other words, nothing Sideshow sends you is fully covered after 30 days. That's when the warranty expires, even if it is their QC mistake and takes longer than 30 days to manifest itself. In fairness, they did allow me a refund of the purchase price minus shipping, so I would only be out, what, $50-60?

Hey everyone,

I want to purchase this piece but I am really worried because some statues are really leaning forward like this ones in these pics.

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Is this a common problem because those ones seriously look weird compared to these ones.

IMG_78921.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

:confused:

Mine can be both, the statue doesn't stick in the base completely but its not easy to make it from position to other. I remember one of the reviews in youtube stick some cloths (or something) below the foot to make it fix.
You also should be careful about the jacket thing, I used the clothes trick and it's hardly noticeable. other than that its great statue.

Back