Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else having trouble on the part where the shotgun rests on the collar of the jacket? That's what left the greatest paint damage on mine. Any way to get the silver paint off the jacket?

Shouldn't SS be thinking about this kind of thing before selecting materials???? Every product they offer has some kind of problem like this.

Oh, I see. Can you please post a picture of it in the configuration you had prior to removing the parts?

Sure no problem.

IMG_7870.jpg

Mine stuck too!!! :gah:

I just lightly dusted the parts where the jacket touches the skin with some baby powder.

Just dab it on with your finger and wipe the excess away.

I'm gonna try this. Thanks.

Is anyone else having trouble on the part where the shotgun rests on the collar of the jacket? That's what left the greatest paint damage on mine. Any way to get the silver paint off the jacket?

Shouldn't SS be thinking about this kind of thing before selecting materials???? Every product they offer has some kind of problem like this.

Yep mines stuck too. I haven't even bothered with it yet though.

Any suggestions on how to touch up the skin colour left on the collar?

Damn. I noticed this, too. I took the head and hands off until we can maybe figure out a way to avoid further issues. Looks like the only damage to my head is a slight change in texture where I peeled it away, but there is some discoloration on the hand and gun. Ugh. . .

don't mean to be THAT GUY, but i checked mine and i have none of these problems. Sorry you guys have problems with yours

Out of curiosity, does everyone having this problem have the Exclusive version of this statue? I would guess they were painted the same as the regular versions, but. . .maybe not *Ron Burgundy voice*?

I have the Ex and mine was sticking to the 2 gun hands and around the neck but I managed to peel it away with no damage. I think unless there is some kind of solution it will only keep happening :panic: Why can't we just buy these statues and stick them in a display cabinet and forget about them instead of having to worry all the time if they are going to be ok in the future?

Glad I haven't set mine up yet. Has anyone talked to Sideshow about a preventative?
I'd like to know if there is a way to prevent the sticking before I set mine up.

Yup, I have damage on the back of the neck, the shotgun, and the shotgun hand where the jacket came in contact with those areas. I've removed both guns and the head until a solution is found hopefully. I hope this doesn't happen with the Dutch PF!

I will be contacting sideshow today for a refund on this. If I have to smash it up then so be it. I'm sure hot toys 1:4 won't have this problem.

So, just so i can understand what everyone is experiencing...the jacket is sticking to the head, neck, hands and guns? and when you try to seperate the head,neck,hand, gun from the jacket it leaves a damage?

I double checked mine and i have nothing of this sort. I have the EX BTW

I will be contacting sideshow today for a refund on this. If I have to smash it up then so be it. I'm sure hot toys 1:4 won't have this problem.

Hot Toys prob won't have this problem, but i can guarantee Hot Toys won't offer a head sculpt like this :wink1:

So, just so i can understand what everyone is experiencing...the jacket is sticking to the head, neck, hands and guns? and when you try to seperate the head,neck,hand, gun from the jacket it leaves a damage?
Yes. It looks like this is happening wherever paint contacts the pleather material. However, some get damage where the paint peels off a bit, and some don't.

I double checked mine and i have nothing of this sort. I have the EX BTW

Hot Toys prob won't have this problem, but i can guarantee Hot Toys won't offer a head sculpt like this :wink1:

How long has yours been set up? Mine didn't do it the first month or so... only now.

I hate to say it, because I love this piece, but I'm thinking of doing the same. This piece wasn't cheap, and if the paint/jacket are going to be ruined by long-term contact, then maybe better to just try to get my money back now :(

Glad that I decided to pop back into this thread. I stopped following it during the 8th Wonder fiasco, for obvious reasons.

After reading these last few pages about the jacket sticking to the sculpt, I checked mine. I recall the jacket was stuck to the wrists when I first got it. It had left a black mark on the inside right wrist, but that didn't bother me because it's not seen on display.

Sure enough the jacket was slightly sticking to the hands and the neck. It pulled off with no ill effect. However, I think that I will be checking it once a week from now until... forever. I don't think it'll be a problem as long as it is not allowed to settle for too long and develop a stronger bond.

It will be interesting to see if Sideshow will offer refunds for anyone trying to seek one on this issue if it's been past the 30-day guarantee window.

Last edited:
So I checked mine. And yes all areas stuck. No damage to the hands or guns but a small piece of paint peeled of near the back of his jaw. Very small but very frustrating. SS knows that as collectors sometimes we sell these things to better our collection. Yet here I am again having to take photos of a small issue that is SS fault and not mine thus possibly bringing the value down on the item. Not to mention that collectors will now be careful about buying this item due to the known problems. Just like the original Indy.

Do you think it has to do with the weather. We all got this in the winter. Now the hot moist air is starting to hit. That is my guess.

I have the EX also.

Going to contact SS with this today.

Back