Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. They must have listened to all the criticism of the head from the prototype. The final looks completely different - and awesome.

Proto & final sculpts are identical. It was the lightning on official pics.

In the proto pics - his forehead was too tall (either that or the hairline was too high). And his jaw didn't protrude as far as on the final. And I believe the nose was smaller on the proto too.

The proto barely looked like Arnold. The final - is much closer.

IMPORTANT!

This could end up being a major problem if they all do this!

Okay, so I just took apart my PF to pack it because I'm moving, and I noticed that the jacket is sticking to any painted parts of the polystone! It was almost like it was glued to the neck and to the part where the hand holding the gun touches the collar of the jacket. I pulled very gently, and it took no paint off the neck, but it did take some silver paint off the gun. Now the collar has some silver on it and the gun has a spot where the paint doesn't look as good. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, is there a way to prevent this?

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

I JUST checked mine and yup, the ____ing jacket is sticking to both wrists and the sculpt. I just loosened it from the sculpt and it took some paint off of the jawline.

For ____ sakes!!!!!!! :gah:

Something similar is happening to the Indy ROTLA PF. The cuffs of the jacket are sticking to the wrists and also since they used glue, the cuffs are stiffening and cracking. Are the cuffs of the jacket stitched or glued? This could be a major problem.

Will it help if we put tissue paper wherever the jacket touches the sculpt? Did they just not bother to think whether the material would hurt the paints? My T2 pf doesn't do this.

I JUST checked mine and yup, the ____ing jacket is sticking to both wrists and the sculpt. I just loosened it from the sculpt and it took some paint off of the jawline.

How did paint come off the jawline??? How in the world do you have yours put together??

Anyway, my jacket is sticking to the hands and neck too, but I was able to gently pry them out with no damage.

Will it help if we put tissue paper wherever the jacket touches the sculpt? Did they just not bother to think whether the material would hurt the paints? My T2 pf doesn't do this.

This is correct, it's not happening with the T2. I'm confused now.

How did paint come off the jawline??? How in the world do you have yours put together??

Anyway, my jacket is sticking to the hands and neck too, but I was able to gently pry them out with no damage.

Well, I did exactly what you said you did and mine took a little of the paint off of the jaw. Simple as that. I even did it slowly. Man this sucks balls.

Well, I did exactly what you said you did and mine took a little of the paint off of the jaw. Simple as that. I even did it slowly. Man this sucks balls.

How is the jacket in any way connected to the jaw? His neck sure, but his jaw???

Kobe, I had the collars up, like in the movie. Heres the damage ......

Sculpt

IMG_8022.jpg

Jacket

IMG_8023.jpg

Mine stuck too!!! :gah:

I just lightly dusted the parts where the jacket touches the skin with some baby powder.

Just dab it on with your finger and wipe the excess away.

Mine stuck too!!! :gah:

I just lightly dusted the parts where the jacket touches the skin with some baby powder.

Just dab it on with your finger and wipe the excess away.

Do you think the baby powder could hurt the PF over time?

Just checked my PF too and the jacket collar was completely stuck to the neck. I just slowly peeled it off and it didn't peel off any paint thankfully. I folded the collar down though and tried to push the jacket collar away from the sculpt.

I feel bad for you though Roy, that's some pretty nasty damage...maybe try folding the collar down like me for now until we figure out what we should do.

What if we put a clear strip of small tape along the collar of the jacket to protect it from rubbing against the sculpt? Do you think that if we ever peeled off the tape that the jacket material would come with it though?

Back