Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't dare say HT aren't perfect or we'll have their fans in here for another 40 pages. :slap :lol

That ain't no joke! We'll have an angry mob on our hands! :lol

angry-mob.jpg

haha...sorry. Just get tired of reading negativity... I own the Barney Ross HT and he's got proportion problems, etc. Just was trying to say none of these are identical versions of the source material.

I'm there with ya. It does get old hearing the same old song and dance from the same people over and over and over again!

It's alright to complain about something when there IS a reason to complain about it.
Of course you can tell that it is Arnold, but the sculpt could have been much better.

It's alright to complain about anything when we pay the kind of money we pay for these statues. These aren't $10 action figures.

It's alright to complain about anything when we pay the kind of money we pay for these statues. These aren't $10 action figures.

But you haven't paid anything for this pf yet and how many times does one person have to moan about it in one thread? If i see a SSC/HT that i can't stand the look of i'll maybe post once and then just forget about it cos it's not worth my time.

It's alright to complain about something when there IS a reason to complain about it.
Of course you can tell that it is Arnold, but the sculpt could have been much better.

I agree. Constructive criticism is always warranted and helps people to do better. On the 4 PF's i bought, I've seen a lot of serious nitpicking though that I just can't seem to understand. These are all fine pieces. Heck, even Rambo PF is not as bad as some say...I don't own it, but have seen it in person. It's all in the eye of the beholder as some wise member said above...

It's like making the Indy head with the hat on the exclusive head.
Indy head with the hat is even worse exclusive for this PF IMO.

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Now seriously, that's one of the best Sideshow PFs ever.
Minor issues but fantastic overall. Instant buy.

But you haven't paid anything for this pf yet and how many times does one person have to moan about it in one thread? If i see a SSC/HT that i can't stand the look of i'll maybe post once and then just forget about it cos it's not worth my time.

Precisely...the figure isn't even available and there's 40 pages of gloom and doom. I've noticed this happens on a lot of PF's, some that are spot on even, but someone will have an issue. When I look at it, all I see is a young Arnold in T1. When I read the critiques, sure I can see what they are talking about, but it's also based on a prod photo, not a in-hand one. And I know how many are all anti-NRD and want to preorder 1000 PF's and wait until the in-hand photos show up and then cancel their orders, thus devaluing the piece...

It's a message board and there are 1000s of members so deal with it. Everyone has an opinion. If you keep hearing the same damn negativity it might be because it has a lot of flaws and people are commenting on it...just sayin'

Just as a little side note, I don't usually derail a thread off it's topic but it seems that it is happening again here and it seems to happen all the time for the last couple years; hence my lack of posts during that time, I have been a member here for quite a while and I basically stopped posting due to people just ruining a thread with petty arguments and differences. Please respect each others opinions as well as suggestions on a certain product.

One thing I don't understand is how the T2 PF has massive hair and this one doesn't. His hair is longer in T1 even after he gets it burnt, especially at the sides and back. They didn't capture this well enough
IMO. The forehead is what's holding this PF back from spot on perfection but it's a 1:4 scale statue from the frigging Terminator! Nuff said.

See post below:

The only real big issue is the lack of forehead on Arnie, I just did a quick fix in PS and you can see that improving the size of the forehead makes it much better, it is really good before and if they make a fix like this it will surely be a home-run.

Original:
300068press03.jpg

Modified:
ar.jpg

It doesn't have "a lot of flaws." That's the problem. It's a lot of superficial nitpicks. How many centimeters is his forehead off. His hair doesn't look just right. Yet someone posts a screencap and everything matches right up, including jaw and still the naysayers...

I dunno guys. As it stands now, from what I've seen, there's no way I'm paying a NRD on this. I'd rather chase down the Ex on the secondary market or settle for a reg from a retailer if the likeness improves. I can see Arnie in there, but for the price SSC's charging for PFs nowadays, he should jump out at ya. This seems more like an "inspired by" Terminator than Arnold's T1 T800. A shame too, I was looking forward to this. :(

I only just checked out the full reveal pics, and I like it. That exclusive head looks awesome even though you don't see him without the glasses in that scene. That doesn't bother me. I do believe I'll be pre-ordering this thank you. This will be my first Terminator based collectible.

Just a question if this is a PF and you try to make it as realistic as possible even to the extent that you make the clothes stitch to fit on it, then why make the hair hard mold? Why not use bristles or something hair like to give it more realism? :huh

Just a question if this is a PF and you try to make it as realistic as possible even to the extent that you make the clothes stitch to fit on it, then why make the hair hard mold? Why not use bristles or something hair like to give it more realism? :huh

Because then you're flirting with Cinemaquette pricing. :lol

Oh I dunno, I wouldn't trust 'real hair' on it. I know people have made great looking real hair on 1/6 Jokers but would it work for this haircut?

Back