Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the 2.0 in person and honestly not really impressed with it. The overly done battle damaged paint is what really killed it for me. I need to have me a chrome metallic endo and the 2.0 was too dull and dark for me. Looked almost like a stone statue compared to the original release..

Yeah I might prefer the weathering on my Future War battlefield stuff though with the base that it comes with I don't think clean makes sense.
I don't mind T1 clean though like right out of the fire heheh. Oh maybe he's scorched then too doh.

I was wondering how the details in the sculpt differs though if they do between life size 1.0 and 2.0

Last edited:
I've seen the 2.0 in person and honestly not really impressed with it. The overly done battle damaged paint is what really killed it for me. I need to have me a chrome metallic endo and the 2.0 was too dull and dark for me. Looked almost like a stone statue compared to the original release.

Hey it's their product and their call. I'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want. Open ES doesn't bother me and you shouldn't let it bother you either. The days of limited editions are dying out. Me, I'm just happy to own a well made collectible that displays really well in my home.

No, it is not their call. When an editions size is announced, then sales are made with that edition number, a contract is entered between the buyer and producer that with your purchase there will only be made that many made.

Once one sale has occurred, and I know at least one has occurred because I bought one with an ES out of 500 on the base. So, SS and HCG are committed to maintaing the edition number.

Technically, I could take them to court on this, or anyone else. I opened a long dispute with SS on this issue, plus the issue of the War Machine 1:1 bust (which they originally announced with ES, I bought it under those conditions, and changed to Limited Edition by date). They had to take it back as I bought it under the notion it was ES.

Why does this matter? With on open ES/Limited Edition date, I can wait and see if I can buy a used one on the market in mint condition for a cheaper price.

Look at Legendary Scale Neytiri. If you want to buy one from SS, it will cost you $2000 (1999). You can get it on ebay now for $1500. No rush.

Taking away the ES, and replacing the ES with an open ES/Limited Edition by date, will bring the price of this Endo down in price. At this point, I am selling my Endo to a fellow collector, and I will not get the price I paid for it ... why? Because anyone can buy it at SS for $2000 ($1999) plus $25 shipping. I have to sell mine for a lower price than that, and let's not forget I will have to factor shipping into my selling price, because unlike SS, I have to charge MORE than $25.

This is why when I see a very large ES, or an open ES/Limited edition by date, I don't rush to buy from SS.

I know that if I really want a piece from SS, generally speaking, I can get it for less later on. And I know it's value is not going to increase for a very, very, long time, if at all (because once again, no ES, and have to wait for SS to close the edition). I have to wait for the open ES to close, and then wait for demand to exceed supply, if it happens on that piece.

SS has lost a lot of my collection funds for this reason, and it took some, not all, but a bit of the fun out of collecting.

Wow I didn't mean to hijack this thread over the ES debate. But I have to agree with every word Batman29 wrote. Well said sir. :exactly: :lecture

Yeah I might prefer the weathering on my Future War battlefield stuff though with the base that it comes with I don't think clean makes sense.
I don't mind T1 clean though like right out of the fire heheh. Oh maybe he's scorched then too doh.

I was wondering how the details in the sculpt differs though if they do between life size 1.0 and 2.0

The problem to me is just that the 2.0 doesn't have that metallic feeling at all. Looks like stone. Barely reflects light. I need my endos metallic. Add some battle damage and dirt sure but don't make it looks like he crawled out of a mud pit.

Wow I didn't mean to hijack this thread over the ES debate. But I have to agree with every word Batman29 wrote. Well said sir. :exactly: :lecture

Oh bono totally agree when it comes to integrity but it is still a business. If its all about money what would you do? Supply and demand. And honestly what are we gonna do about it? Not gonna stop buying it if its an item you want right?

Oh bono totally agree when it comes to integrity but it is still a business. If its all about money what would you do? Supply and demand. And honestly what are we gonna do about it? Not gonna stop buying it if its an item you want right?

I just don't like being lied to.

No one does. But I say stop stressing about it and just relax. Just what you like and sit back and enjoy it.

I buy what I like, ES is just a side note..but come on bro, you don't think it's wrong to announce a set ES and then change it? It's not a question of collection philosophy, but of business ethics.

I buy what I like, ES is just a side note..but come on bro, you don't think it's wrong to announce a set ES and then change it? It's not a question of collection philosophy, but of business ethics.

:lol
No like I said earlier I totally agree. It's being a real scumbag to announce a limited ES to lure people into buying an item then just making it an open ES. But I also believe that we don live long enough to waste our time stressing about it. And honestly for us to purchase something at the price range of $2k it requires commitment regardless of ES.

:lol
No like I said earlier I totally agree. It's being a real scumbag to announce a limited ES to lure people into buying an item then just making it an open ES. But I also believe that we don live long enough to waste our time stressing about it. And honestly for us to purchase something at the price range of $2k it requires commitment regardless of ES.

Agreed. :1-1: :peace

Thanks, and no, you did not hijack the thread at all ... I think you did the opposite as it effects a persons choice in buying this piece and where to buy it! It belongs exactly in this thread as this Endo 1:2 is the piece in question in regards to the ES debate. This, then effects the purchasing power of the piece, which is also part of this thread when, as collectors have in this thread, ask about whether they should purchase this piece or not. Bottom line, this Endo is an exceptional sculpt, and for a person who wants to buy it, they should know about the quality of the piece, the workings of it, etc and of course it's ES, lack of ES, SS pricing, the secondary market price, and it potential future value.

SS was not all about money ... it was a company that brought quality collectables to the consumer, supported with outstanding customer service (a service you could rely and depend on) integrated with making money as a company. With this particular sculpt, the SS HCG 1:2 Full Size Endo, Sideshow began showing a different side to it's collecting philosophy. It began to change the rules after pricing and negotiations were well in place with it's customers.

While SS does NOT do this with most of its pieces, and in fact did this with only a few of them, it did indeed have many of us collectors become wary that SS was looking more to making the money then sticking with their original philosophy which gained them so many hard core collectors.

As a collector, and this is my viewpoint, it still means a lot to me that Bowen Bronzes have been signed by Stan Lee and Randy Bowen with pics, or that my SS Exc Hulk, MJ, and Spidey have been signed by Stan Lee with pics, or my Hard Hero Chrome #48 Silver Surfer has been signed by Stan Lee and the sculptor Seth Vandable, with pics. The owners of Hard Hero and Bowen Design took the time to sign, make edition numbers, which, when I look at these pieces gives a great sense of pride and respect for these people. The philosophy of SS at the time the Hulk was produced and a couple of years later, was of a company who had a great combination of production, ES, understanding the collector, the value of the collection, and making money for SS. When I look at the Hulk, Spidey, MJ, and other pieces from SS, I see that also.

When I look at the SS 1:2 Endo, it reminds me of a new direction that SS is taking in the collectables, one I am not in agreement with, and so it made this piece a lot easier to decide to sell, along with some others.

So, in the long run, if they keep up this philosophy, I think their supply will be higher then their demand, integrity may suffer, and profits may decline, effecting their business.

Many businesses start with a good intent but greed gets to the best of everyone. Seen that many times over and it just isn't a surprise anymore.

Good point, there are many cases of that indeed. Hoping SS is one of the some that reworks their intent to a proactive business model.

I hope so too. I remember sideshow being highly commentated amongst collectors but recently I lot of bad encounters with their service has been popping up including with friends I personally know. I've been lucky and have yet to have any defect issues with anything from sideshow or hot toys but I hope you're right and they maintains customer loyalty through great services.

Extremly happy with mine 1:2

e9f8b32717c89bff36eb4b14a1a87f90_zps344fbe26.jpg

Back