Media Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum Games)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Platinum Games)

It was cheesy, but that's not a bad thing. When you look at it to most films aimed at kids, it was incredibly dark and this was the time when NYC was still a scary place since it was made on the cusp of the 80s and 90s.

Or a fart that turned out to be a shart.
:lol :lecture

The first tmnt, it feels and looks like a tmnt movie. To a turtle fan its a masterpiece, it blends the show and the comic together so well and it's so mature while still kid friendly, the turtles cussing always surprised me and the brutal fight scenes are amazing. The foot just feel threatning. Its good no studio wanted to make this movie cuz they just would of messed it up, none of that stuff would of slided with disney lol.

Its amazing that toy companies just don't see that fans really want figures from the first movie.

BTW the second bay turtles movie looks like a fun nod to the wolf cartoon the only problem is the pants and the size of the turtles.
Well said. :duff

The new one is looking better though, for the things you've mentioned.

It was cheesy, but that's not a bad thing. When you look at it to most films aimed at kids, it was incredibly dark and this was the time when NYC was still a scary place since it was made on the cusp of the 80s and 90s.
Some of it was cheesy - sure, but most of it was spot on. As you say, it was a great time to make that movie too, with the late 80s still having one foot in the bad old days of crime & violence thriving everywhere you looked, in an urban battlefield kinda way. The comics reflected that big time, & the movie really picked up on it.

it's a shame that things devolved into muppets with weapons, & then finally Shrek HULKs.

I look forward to just seeing how much more awful they make that film franchise. Sure Bebop and Rocksteady look accurate, but the use of CGI is just so ****ing bad in these films that everything looks mushy and cartoony.

The 90s film cheese I don't mind at all cuz the film just screams "a different time period". It's so 80s/90s and it shows really well. It can never become outdated or corny cuz the film was made to be an 80s/90s film.
The music , the style, the environment. It's so perfect and tmnt worked so well during that time.

I tried watching the 90s film a few years back, but I shut if off after 15 minutes. I liked it when I was a kid, but unfortunately, it was too cheesy to me. Then again, my tastes always fluctuate. Heck, I feel that way about MGS now, and I spoke pretty passionately about that franchise here. Big Boss...more like Big Loss! (Sorry, that was terrible:lol) I'm wondering if I'll feel that way after the Star Wars hype is over because I wasn't too into those either until the hype started up. Although, it got me to read some books which were very good, and in my opinion, way better than the films.

I watched the 2003 cartoon a couple years ago, and I really enjoyed that. I then read some of the new IDW comics, and I loved those! The action, humor, drama, and characterizations were all fantastic. I usually don't like anthropomorphism, but I loved every character! I guess it doesn't really matter because gameplay is where it's at for Platinum games and I'm sure this game will rock!

Here's a fallacy, but with the sell out of the Prime 1 Turtles, it looks that a lot more people into the Bay designs over the old ones. Personally, I prefer the new turtles; but I wasn't raised with turtles. I started watching turtles in 03 religiously , but I did watch a lot of episodes in the 90's.

What I mean is these hardcore turtle fans are dropping 700+ for designs they aren't a fan of, and are digging them.

The old ones were too cheesy for me even as a kid.

It's an old debate, love turtles either way; and this game is looking to kick ass. Super pumped.

I don't mind new turtles designs, but Bay was too concerned about having their appearance make them who they are... than their actions or lines.

I HATE their new designs. I couldn’t even finish the first Bay movie partly due to their designs.

Last edited:

I reckon if they'd gotten Mike Myers to voice all four of them differently, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. :lol

TRAILER!!!!!!!

Looks great! Though I kinda wished that they went with the 80's show like the Transformers game.

Hot damn that trailer was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This actually looks like a lot of fun. :lol

Looks pretty sweet. The designs look heavily based on the IDW comic. Find that surprising but I can't complain at all.

Yeah looks great! :rock

It's frustrating; you see stuff like this - actually doing good for the brand, then you look at the Bay-orrea stuff.

****ing shameful. :lol

Love everything turtles and hopefully will love this. Looks so good.

TRAILER!!!!!!!

What can I say?

Iva7f0y.gif

About time we got a quality TMNT game. I'm glad they gave Raff a NYC accent :lol

Shredder looks good too, since he's not a Transformer.

Looks great! I really like the aesthetics! I'm going to be pretty bad at it though.

That's good though! My criteria for whether a game is good or not is if I die at least 50 times based on my own incompetence and not because of poor design.:lol

The only TMNT game I have at the moment is the MAME rom for the original 4 player arcade game that was based on the 80s cartoon.

I think I have the sequel to it as well, not sure..

Back