TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a helicopter pilot and flight instructor and I'm pretty sure that they were going for an upside down version of the KMAX intermeshing rotor blade system...the blades don't hit eachother but rotate offset from one another much like gears look.

kmax.jpg

I know what you're saying, but when you take the blades and set them at 30 and 60 degrees from each other like the apache tail above, and expect THOSE to intermesh with another four bladed design, then they will hit each other.

I know what you're saying, but when you take the blades and set them at 30 and 60 degrees from each other like the apache tail above, and expect THOSE to intermesh with another four bladed design, then they will hit each other.

Oh I haven't studied the bat too closely...I thought there were only 2 blades per rotor.

Oh I haven't studied the bat too closely...I thought there were only 2 blades per rotor.

There are only two blades per rotor, for the reasons we have been chatting about above.
But the original design called for four blades per rotor, not angles at 90 degrees, but at 60/30 as per the Apache tail rotor.
When it was realised it wouldn't work, they switched to two blades, but there are plans for the four bladed version floating around.
Hence the confusion.

PlansIMG_1178.jpg

Yet another area where if it doesn't work like it should Chris Nolan changes it.
His commitment to reality is incredible(In as much as you can be true to reality with a man dressed up as a bat, lol).

Yeah, that's why I liked his Batman so much because enough of it was founded in reality so you believed that maybe it actually could happen

Yeah, that's why I liked his Batman so much because enough of it was founded in reality so you believed that maybe it actually could happen

For sure. The behind the scenes stuff just goes to show that if he could do an effect *in camera*, he would go that route rather than just using CG.
The shots of the full scale Bat flying around LA at night on the back of a chopper are incredible. That opening shot of the Bat pulling out the alleyway is all the more incredible because it's not an effect, and was captured on film in camera.

DRAINAGE DIE FTW!!! That google translation a couple of pages back is hilarious. I have mixed feelings about the 1/12 Bat just like everyone else here but I gotta have one just to complete the collection. Sucks. Shoulda been 1/6. C'est la vie...

There are only two blades per rotor, for the reasons we have been chatting about above.
But the original design called for four blades per rotor, not angles at 90 degrees, but at 60/30 as per the Apache tail rotor.
When it was realised it wouldn't work, they switched to two blades, but there are plans for the four bladed version floating around.
Hence the confusion.

PlansIMG_1178.jpg

Makes sense. Just watched the extras of the movie and it shows a lot of small scale models, designs and the actual full size Bat they used. The vast majority of them show 2 blades (Chris Nolan even describes the Bat as such -having 2 rotors with 2 blades). There are however a few designs that show 4 blades/rotor.

Makes sense. Just watched the extras of the movie and it shows a lot of small scale models, designs and the actual full size Bat they used. The vast majority of them show 2 blades (Chris Nolan even describes the Bat as such -having 2 rotors with 2 blades). There are however a few designs that show 4 blades/rotor.

Aren't those extras incredible?
The batmobile doc was great too.
Had a tear in my eye when they took the Tumbler to that hospital.

I loved the Batmobile documentary. Every car has it's own special history and those guys that built them show their passion for what they're doing. Actually, the footage of the "prototype" Tumbler doing all those jumps is what made me buy the Hot Toys version.

They really are! Somehow strange as I watched the whole extras a day ago, too (was surprised by all the subfolders I didn't see before) and had the same feeling at this part.

Think it was a really nice action bringing it there as this probably really was a giant highlight, distracting everybody there from the probably sad hospital routine.

Such a vehicle can't only move it's net weight but a lot of emotions.

This is why I like the Tumbler that much. I mean I like the other Batmobiles as well, they all have their own character fitting well to the different Batman interpretations but what I think about the Tumbler fits to what was written in several posts before in here, that Nolans interpretation really gives you the imression: "Man, this could be real and it would rock!".

Seeing the Tumbler's construction in the extras and how wild this beast can really get was very stunning.

Last edited:
If I were a sick hospital kid, I would have preferred to have seen the '89 Batmobile in person.

That would have been a disappointing day.

I doubt a 10 year old these days would recognize 1989 Batman as the Batman they saw in the movies.

Not saying it looks old and stupid, just that the 89 movie is probably not the Batman they grew up with.

Back