TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is actually glad they are making this in 1/12 scale? What other HT items can you display this with? Do you want a 1/12 Tumbler and 1/12 Batpod and Batman too? HT is pretty stupid to make this so small to display this by itself. I'm sure they will go head to head with other model makers that can make a more accurate Bat.

They're doing it because that's the only way to get the Bat out there.

Who is actually glad they are making this in 1/12 scale? What other HT items can you display this with? Do you want a 1/12 Tumbler and 1/12 Batpod and Batman too? HT is pretty stupid to make this so small to display this by itself. I'm sure they will go head to head with other model makers that can make a more accurate Bat.

I would have not bought a 1/6 scale Bat (no room) but i would have liked to have seen how people displayed this. It would have made for some crazy displays.

I am happy they are making a smaller more "affordable" :)lol I'm sure it will still be overpriced) version. If I get one I will display on top of a Curio that has several vehicles around the same size from Star Wars, Aliens, etc. It will be across the room from the Curio i keep my figures in. So it will look fine.

I do have my Code 3 slave 1 ship displayed with SS Boba Fett and it looks great.

Hopefully they will make a 1/6 scale for those that really want it.

We're getting a 1/12th Batman with it. That's enough for me. I dig this thing and I feel that, at this scale, it will feel more like it's own stand-alone grail piece, rather than another vehicle in a line, anyway.

I bet the propellers move too. People are forgetting about that.

This is better than nothing for those interested. A 1/6 would have been too impractical to produce, to price, to ship and to display. Not to mention all the QC problems that would come with something that intricate and large. Anyone who thinks other wise has their head up their *** and were too eager to throw their money down on something so unrealistic in terms of this hobby.

It'll be a cool display piece for those that want it. Kind of like the Matrix Sentinel. I prefer to have 1/6 vehicles in my collection that are of a reasonable and displayable size. I never thought a 1/6 Bat would have fit into that category, so they probably went with the right choice.

the price tag on this is gonna be 1200$ watch ill bet anybody

I'll take that bet because there's no way in hell HT is gonna charge $1200 for a 1/12 scale Bat. Unless you're still talking about the 1/6 Bat that's apparently been scraped. :wave

Yeah, It won't be that much. Definitely under 1,000. More like around the '89 Batmobile price.

apparently it's coming with a 1/12 bat and a 1/12 cat.

so said someone else who translated the original doc. i fergit where.

I bet the propellers move too. People are forgetting about that.

This is better than nothing for those interested. A 1/6 would have been too impractical to produce, to price, to ship and to display. Not to mention all the QC problems that would come with something that intricate and large. Anyone who thinks other wise has their head up their *** and were too eager to throw their money down on something so unrealistic in terms of this hobby.

I really don't get this sentiment. Other companies make HUGE collectibles...some even life size. There are numerous examples and companies to look at. Now is that size collectibles for everyone? No. Unfortunately, cost and display space generally knock most out of the market right from the start. But is it that difficult to price, make and ship? Absolutely not.

Of course, these things aren't mass produced like the "limited" Hot Toys figures but it is VERY do-able.

I venture to guess HTs scrapped the larger ship probably because it wouldn't cost out. I highly doubt logistics was the death of it.

Man... I had a dream (nightmare?) the 1/12 figures were cosbaby type bobble-heads... maybe I should take a break.

batmanprop-10-web.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Source: https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/batman-dark-knight-rises-begins-filming-new-york-photos-show-gridlock-real-life-gotham-city-article-1.969303

Don't know if these have been posted before :dunno.
This thing rocks! :yess:

These ones are epic:

dark-knight-legend-exhibit_106.jpg

Source: https://therealmcast.com/2012/12/17/top-5-props-from-the-dark-knight-legend-exhibit/

tdkr-bat-concept-art2-1024x576.jpg

tdkr-bat-concept-art4.jpg

tdkr-bat-concept-art5.jpg

Source: https://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/film-tv/dark-knight-rises-the-bat-and-film-set-concept-art-revelaed/

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those pics, Pirate! The Bat is my favorite Bat-plane since the '89 Batwing. Now that i think about it, the Batwing was taken out by a single shot from a revolver.
But it took a Nuclear bomb to take out The Bat.
The Bat wins!!!

I really don't get this sentiment. Other companies make HUGE collectibles...some even life size. There are numerous examples and companies to look at. Now is that size collectibles for everyone? No. Unfortunately, cost and display space generally knock most out of the market right from the start. But is it that difficult to price, make and ship? Absolutely not.

Of course, these things aren't mass produced like the "limited" Hot Toys figures but it is VERY do-able.

I venture to guess HTs scrapped the larger ship probably because it wouldn't cost out. I highly doubt logistics was the death of it.

^Amen to this. I share the same sentiment - I think those who simply label those with their head so far up their @$$es are simply either jealous, broke, or both. I think both

My purse overflows with coin and I will "throw away" money for this, and anyone else can simply either fall in the category described above. It is surely not my fault myself and others are hyped, have the funds necessary to own this.

And I'm sure there are many MORE willing to do the same to get a 1/6 Bat as seen by some of the posts here.

And yeah, I own the 1/6 Tumbler with custom case, and the 1/6 Batpod - I need to own this in 1/6 scale - and as the poster above concluded - I really doubt logistics were the barrier for this. I'm sure HT will eventually warm up and release this, or I will simply go custom. Either way, it's happening.

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks for posting those pics, Pirate! The Bat is my favorite Bat-plane since the '89 Batwing. Now that i think about it, the Batwing was taken out by a single shot from a revolver.
The Bat wins!!!

Lol. And although the nuke *must* have taken it out, there's a possibility it didn't...

The Bat wins!!!

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

(...)

Happy you like them! Really like digging into Google, searching for those things :lol.

Think you'll like the Bat-Signal photos in "Hot Toys-The Dark Knight Trilogy-DIORAMA Series" as well.

Just follow all the links under the pictures and you'll see a lot more stunning Batman stuff.

Back