TDK Award Winnings List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For ^^^^s sake, RDJ was nominated for playing a dude in black face.

So yeah. Heath would've gotten it. Period.

It's hard to say. I still think what he did with the role determined the awards he's won, not his death. People would be dying to talk to Ledger about his role and what he did to prepare, his mindset, etc. There still would have been the hype around his Joker without his death. I guess it's all speculative but IMO it just cheapens the award when it's viewed as a "lifetime achievement" award.

I Havnt seen it yet, it's on here tonight, but congratulations to Heath nonetheless. It was definately for an awe inspiring and fantastic piece of acting, and not his death that sealed the deal. As others have said, he would've won it regardless. I can't believe the dark knight as a movie though, or other actors aswell, wasn't really nominated for ANYthing else.
RIP good buddy, an inspiration the world over

People STILL think he OD'ed.....when he didnt. Took a wrong mix of pills, in the wrong state of mind. ^^^^ing morons.

People STILL think he OD'ed.....when he didnt. Took a wrong mix of pills, in the wrong state of mind. ^^^^ing morons.

:duh

The New York City chief medical examiner’s office has ruled that the actor Heath Ledger, whose body was found in a SoHo apartment on Jan. 22, died of an accidental overdose of prescription medications that included painkillers, sleeping pills and anti-anxiety drugs.

Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine, Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the chief medical examiner, Dr. Charles S. Hirsch, said in a brief statement on Wednesday morning.

The six drugs found in Mr. Ledger’s system included two painkillers: Oxycodone, the active ingredient in the prescription drug OxyContin, and hydrocodone, which is often combined with acetaminophen, as in the prescription drug Vicodin.

Also in Mr. Ledger’s system were three anti-anxiety medications, known as benzodiazepines, that are used to treat anxiety disorders and panic attacks by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain: diazepam, sold under the commercial name Valium, which is used relieve anxiety, muscle spasms and seizures and to control agitation caused by alcohol withdrawal; alprazolam, commonly known under the brand name Xanax;
and Temazepam, brand name Restoril, which is more commonly prescribed as a sleep aid than as an anti-anxiety medication.

One nonprescription drug was found in Mr. Ledger’s system: doxylamine, which is found in common nighttime sleep aids. It is an antihistamine that causes drowsiness as a side effect and is used in the short-term treatment of insomnia. (It is also used, in combination with decongestants, to relieve cough and cold symptoms.)

Actually YOU'RE the moron. There's no such thing as the "wrong" mix of those drugs.. because that would imply that there's a RIGHT mix of ALL those drugs. And there isn't.

It wasn't as simple as taking 2 different medications, having a bad reaction and Ledger dying. The guy had 6 DIFFERENT MEDICATIONS IN HIM! Sweet lord. What's your definition of an "Overdose"!? Do you even know the definition!? It's not specifically for illegal drugs.. you CAN O.D. on over the counter, legal drugs. There's nothing slanderous about saying Ledger died of an overdose. Because he did. Just like there's nothing wrong with saying he died taking different meds that interacted badly. Both statements, for Ledger, are correct.

I wasnt even talking to you. Jesus.

And I was wrong....so what. I read something that pissed me off, so I decided to vent, randomly. No need to insult. (I wasnt even insulting anyone on this very board...)

Last edited:
I can read Celtic.. lol. I know you weren't saying it to me or anyone in this thread. But does that exclude me from posting and correcting you when you're obviously wrong though!? I don't think so, but if so my bad.

Prove me wrong, by all means...but the insult was unneeded.....but whatevah.

I had a lot of debates about Mr. Ledger...so I can get kinda testy.

I don't think it was an insult. Seriously. YOU were calling people who say Ledger died of an overdose "morons" and I simply said "Actually YOU'RE the moron" because you were wrong. I used the same term you did. Like if you would've said "people don't know what's up with Ledger's death" I would've just said "Actually YOU don't know what's up". You know?

It's not like I just randomly called you a moron. C'mon. That would be uncalled for.

i feel honored to have an oscar winner staring at me in figure form. god i love my HT joker. congrats again heath! and thanks for the amazing performance as mr. j!

:duh

Actually YOU'RE the moron. There's no such thing as the "wrong" mix of those drugs.. because that would imply that there's a RIGHT mix of ALL those drugs. And there isn't.

It wasn't as simple as taking 2 different medications, having a bad reaction and Ledger dying. The guy had 6 DIFFERENT MEDICATIONS IN HIM! Sweet lord. What's your definition of an "Overdose"!? Do you even know the definition!? It's not specifically for illegal drugs.. you CAN O.D. on over the counter, legal drugs. There's nothing slanderous about saying Ledger died of an overdose. Because he did. Just like there's nothing wrong with saying he died taking different meds that interacted badly. Both statements, for Ledger, are correct.

in before the lock!

RIP Ledger...owning my HT Joker V1 with swapped BR Joker sculpt is all the more sweet...knowing how iconic and amazing the performance and character is, and seeing him justly rewarded for it at the Oscars! Dead or not, he truly deserved it imo! No one came close to Ledger this year!

Back