TDK Award Winnings List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I forgot that there are comic books that have nothing to do with superheroes! So yes what I meant to say was if TDK can't bag the big awards for the Superhero genre nothing else ever will...unless Nolan pulls off something unlikely with his Batman 3 and the academy decide, ala Return of the King, to reward his efforts third time out. I doubt that though.

I always thought that people started respecting and recognizing comics as a legitimate form of literature back in the 80's. But it seems the Academy is still way behind in how this medium should be perceived.

About Batman 3, I noticed Nolan is doing to Batman in films today what Frank Miller has done to Batman in comics back in the 80's. The same way that Miller chronicled Batman's origin (Batman: Year One) and ending (The Dark Knight Returns), Nolan seems to be doing the same in films. I'm hoping his 3rd (and final?) movie will be the same -- that is, about Batman's final days. I could see how really dramatic that could be -- and another opportunity for an Oscar nom.

He could get some ideas from Zach Snyder who's really itching to direct a film adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. I really wish Nolan gets to it first.

Last edited:
True

but it's like saying Peter Jackson & co won 11 oscars just for return of the king

Well here's the thing, imo Heath wouldn't have won any of these awards let alone been nominated if it weren't for his death. So I'm not trying to say ANYTHING.. just stating the facts.

Under "Best Supporting Actor" it'll say Heath Ledger for TDK. So it should be added in here. That's it. Everything else, feel free to discuss, I don't care. Feel me?

Well here's the thing, imo Heath wouldn't have won any of these awards let alone been nominated if it weren't for his death. So I'm not trying to say ANYTHING.. just stating the facts.

I think had he not died he may have won this even easier (not like we ever know how close it was though.) If he had been on tv for 6 months promoting it and letting everyone see his great attitude and being able to talk to him about what he thought he would have still won. IMO :)

I don't believe that at all. There was talk of an Oscar nom before his death by all the people working on the film, like Oldman and others. Saying stuff like this cheapens his win IMO. I can't stand that people are saying this was a sympathy nomination (now win) because it cheapens the achievement he made to this character.

I don't believe that at all. There was talk of an Oscar nom before his death by all the people working on the film, like Oldman and others. Saying stuff like this cheapens his win IMO. I can't stand that people are saying this was a sympathy nomination (now win) because it cheapens the achievement he made to this character.

never said sympathy...I said accumulative, like Denzel Washington in Training day

Back