TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6th Scale Vampirella -Asian version Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, in the case of that Shi figure, they used the actresses likeness from Crouching Tiger, I guess so that the west had some distinct looking Asian girl for the sculpt, whereas the "Asia" version was completely different.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Lol.

Well, in the case of that Shi figure, they used the actresses likeness from Crouching Tiger, I guess so that the west had some distinct looking Asian girl for the sculpt, whereas the "Asia" version was completely different.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Lol.

Heh, never realized the two Shi had different head sculpts. I guess thats the case here. I dont think that neccissarily means this version is literally meant to be Asian, but who knows, maybe someone in the company really wanted an Asian Vampirella.

I think it's hot, lol. I'm a fan of the character in general, but the ethnical change is welcomed.

It's not a drastic alteration. And I think they still plan on a more Romanian looking release. I'll be sticking with this one though.

Heh, never realized the two Shi had different head sculpts. I guess thats the case here. I dont think that neccissarily means this version is literally meant to be Asian, but who knows, maybe someone in the company really wanted an Asian Vampirella.

Well, as an Asian member of the OSW likes to point out, Asians can be VERY xenophobic, so it probably is making her Asian to appeal to their Asian customers. After all, we Westerners are not the primary market for most of these figures.

That's not to say they won't release the original version shown at conventions earlier; it's just a matter of time.

Well, the way I see it, the Asian market releases are always better, with more accessories, so I POed. What I plan on doing is get the Asian, keep it like this if I like it, or buy a spare Caucasian hs when it is finally released and swap them if it's better. Best of both world!

Well, as an Asian member of the OSW likes to point out, Asians can be VERY xenophobic, so it probably is making her Asian to appeal to their Asian customers. After all, we Westerners are not the primary market for most of these figures.

That's not to say they won't release the original version shown at conventions earlier; it's just a matter of time.

Well, l am Asian, and the xenephobia thing isnt wrong but I dont think that's the case here.
I think it is pandering to the Asian market to an extent; but more a tongue-in-cheek, fan service-y sort of way rather then "westerners are hideous".

I've seen nothing saying it will feature the tan body type. And it certainly appears to be more in line with the pale body type. They could end up making both pale skinned, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

So far, they have never released a single licensed figure (except for Lady Death and the Zombie girl of course) that used a pale body. And on the pictures, it looks like a tan body. Anyway, I see them changing accessories, hs, but why in hell would they change the body from one version to another?

I don't have any billing yet, but mine is from BBTS.....

You guys hear anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pick mine up from the store next week.
Looks like an awesome final product.

Huh....have not heard a peep from BBTS......

Post a review and some pic man! So we can back out if it sucks!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got final payment warning this week.....lets hope this one comes through as a great sleeper figure!

Might be another week!!! All the wrong stuff arrived this week - meaning nothing that I ordered.

Already got it yesterday, really good stuff.

It's my first Phicen figure. Quite blown away with overall quality, the body looks so lifelike. Probably the best seamless body out there, I can pose her to anything. Knell? Crouch? No problem. Impressed as well I can crossing legs this figure and comes out natural.The base looks great and compliment overall figure.

I am just not liking asian head. Looks odd in tall muscular body. Probably will replace it with another head.

Already got it yesterday, really good stuff.

It's my first Phicen figure. Quite blown away with overall quality, the body looks so lifelike. Probably the best seamless body out there, I can pose her to anything. Knell? Crouch? No problem. Impressed as well I can crossing legs this figure and comes out natural.The base looks great and compliment overall figure.

I am just not liking asian head. Looks odd in tall muscular body. Probably will replace it with another head.

Pics sir!!!! Please before my pre order ships! The head is pretty important! Does it look like proto?

Back