Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lejuan, glad you're on board. You and I have been trolling this thread FOR YEARS and now the time has come to do the damn thing!
Do you have the SS droids as well?
I have an order in at HLJ and BBTS. Fastest wins I guess.

Ha, yeah though I think I'm more excited that it's finally being released than with the actual result - I don't rate the chances of this one looking any different from the pics we've seen so far. But so long as there are no QC dramas I'll be much happier with this unit than the SS, which I've always seen as a barely acceptable placeholder 'til something better came along - and I didn't bother with the SS 3PO. I haven't bought a figure in around a year, and having waited on this for years I'm looking forward to it.

So by the look of that video it's a certainty that the dome is plastic, which is a shame. Still looking forward to having this next to my Tami 3po though.

Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

The dome is a fail. Looks cheap compared to the rest of the piece.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It'll be interesting to understand why the dome is plastic while Ht has a plastic body with metal head. Wonder if it has anything to do with the potential metal to metal head movement in an all metal model. You would think that they'd need to develop some type of miniature ball bearing system to make it work. I would have paid for the additional engineering!:lecture
Still glad it's coming, but NEED an explanation on the door notches...:impatient:

It'll be interesting to understand why the dome is plastic while Ht has a plastic body with metal head. Wonder if it has anything to do with the potential metal to metal head movement in an all metal model. You would think that they'd need to develop some type of miniature ball bearing system to make it work. I would have paid for the additional engineering!:lecture
Still glad it's coming, but NEED an explanation on the door notches...:impatient:

Or just have a ring of molded plastic between them.

Yes nylon does wonders but maybe you'd need to finish the rings to get them to slide along the metal.

Interesting. It shows the prototype without paint on the metal parts so we can see what's really diecast.
337fcd965b2ae6cb7eaedbe1a9a5a19c.jpg
eaf782b6be1f0ec05b7ca6a123dbe07e.jpg
9a2056afea43bb555dad7448648c7260.jpg
42ce3a7751853b89c242c4cde15767e4.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I have finally preordered this one.

My reasons:

- no seams on dome, even if it is not die cast
- great "face" details, very accurate
- slightly taller than Sideshow
- lights gimmicks look good, the red and blue lights change at an irregular pace
- good previous experience with 3po
- colours make it identifiable as ANH R2

Only cons that remain for me are:

- hot toys diecast dome may feel better
- hot toys version, if taller, could have a better overall look

But I got it at a reasonable price (229 eur plus shipping from Europe) so I can replace it with Hot Toys if it turns out to feel better in my opinion.

Son of a !$%

My lcs just cancelled my pre-order and refunded my deposit. Because of a 'pricing mistake', ergo its € 100,- higher now.

I hope you didn't order from lacite parra, if you did better check your mail. :(

ps Just sold my Sideshow R2 this morning, the irony

Ok guys. So I took a ton of photos of this today. It wasn't in a case but the guy let me hold it. Wow heavy as s****! Was very surprised. The head was next to it and he also let me hold it. Of course weighed nothing cause its made of plastic. I asked him why they chose plastic as HT's dome was metal and he said they chose it because of the higher level of detail from plastic casting over metal. Nice bright white and blue was spot on. The rivets weren't too bad in person and the Grey leg hoses were pretty cool. I'll try to post pics later tonight but they are from my phone. Won't let me post from my phone. AND for those interested I do feel the HT tfa version that was on display at the sideshow booth looked nicer and the weathered paint was great.

Ok guys. So I took a ton of photos of this today. It wasn't in a case but the guy let me hold it. Wow heavy as s****! Was very surprised. The head was next to it and he also let me hold it. Of course weighed nothing cause its made of plastic. I asked him why they chose plastic as HT's dome was metal and he said they chose it because of the higher level of detail from plastic casting over metal. Nice bright white and blue was spot on. The rivets weren't too bad in person and the Grey leg hoses were pretty cool. I'll try to post pics later tonight but they are from my phone. Won't let me post from my phone. AND for those interested I do feel the HT tfa version that was on display at the sideshow booth looked nicer and the weathered paint was great.

Which one was bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back