Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure should win some sort of award. It really is a work of art.
If only they could make a Darth Vader that was this good.

IMG_1563.jpg

Agreed! Vader needs some love for sure. Someone has gotsta give him this museum style treatment! He's the most iconic villain in modern history and is a real shame there's been no action figure accurately depicting him.
Really love this pic, BTW! Thx

Man, I took that Restraining Bolt out and stuck it onto his chest - the damn thing rolled off and hit the tiled floor, bounced and it took me five minutes to figure out where it landed. Once I found it, I put it straight back into the packaging.

I'm ain't gonna lose that lil' sucka!

Man, I took that Restraining Bolt out and stuck it onto his chest - the damn thing rolled off and hit the tiled floor, bounced and it took me five minutes to figure out where it landed. Once I found it, I put it straight back into the packaging.

:lol

Hopefully HT gets to Vader sooner than later.

I always wondered why they call him a villain? I mean in the 1st three he did only kill two people (ok 5 ships also) in three movies. It's not like he was even a bad father. Sure he cut off Luke hand. I have a kid that is 13 going on a mouth. There are times well father's get it. Na Yoda's and Obi was the bad guys.

Bad to this. SSC sent my girlfriend a new body. Seems the cut wire was broken after all. Thanks for the pictures. Took the parts off the old one and put them on the new one. About a minute. She is happy.

Little pin size ball of wax. Works, it also comes off very easy.

If anybody is still looking for a deal, it's available for $339.99 shipped from Redford Films using the code GALAXY until Monday.

BTW, while most of us who actually own this thing haven't been complaining about the price anymore, has anyone taken a look at Hot Toys' upcoming diecast Iron Man XLII figure? Man, that's seriously a whole lotta figure for three bills!

If anybody is still looking for a deal, it's available for $339.99 shipped from Redford Films using the code GALAXY until Monday.

BTW, while most of us who actually own this thing haven't been complaining about the price anymore, has anyone taken a look at Hot Toys' upcoming diecast Iron Man XLII figure? Man, that's seriously a whole lotta figure for three bills!

Looks like HT is diving in wholeheartedly. I don't own anything diecast yet, I am sure Iron Man is going to be my introduction, hope its comparitively worth it and doesn't come with its own host of issues down the road.

That's brutal, Lejuan. I am always resistant to go through the returns process but in this case it looks like there's no way around it. Hope they are able to make things right.

...BTW, while most of us who actually own this thing haven't been complaining about the price anymore, has anyone taken a look at Hot Toys' upcoming diecast Iron Man XLII figure? Man, that's seriously a whole lotta figure for three bills!
The thing with the IM 'die-cast' figures is that only 40% of the figure is actually die-cast and I think now (after reading thread after thread in the Marvel section and stewing over it for a while) that Hot Toys is really only adding it as a gimmick and because so many people would always comment on the 'heft' issue of unpacking their IM Mark X and finding it light (which strikes as a bit ridiculous).

The biggest improvement of the new line, IMO, is the replacement of the rubber codpiece with ABS, so fading should no longer be a problem. The more I think about die-cast for IM specifically, the less benefit I see for us. Everyone agrees die-cast allows for less detail than plastic and the weight it will add probably means no more hovering/flying poses for the figures. Also seems to be a pretty common consensus that paint adheres better to plastic than die-cast and the new ~$300.00 MSRP will be pricing some fans out of the market. Personally, I wish they'd stopped at upgrading the cod piece to ABS and kept the rest plastic.

Looks like HT is diving in wholeheartedly. I don't own anything diecast yet, I am sure Iron Man is going to be my introduction, hope its comparitively worth it and doesn't come with its own host of issues down the road.
The more I read the more I think there will be paint chip issues, in time, but I'll still chance buying a die-cast Mark III or IV when they're released. I only want one or two IMs in my collection and the fading issue on the previous iterations is what prevented me from buying those. This is assuming there aren't a ton of QC or paint issues with Iron Patriot and the IM3 releases.

Lejuan, I'd be asking for a replacement. That Threepio is unacceptable.

Lejuan, what are your options for replacement?

That's brutal, Lejuan. I am always resistant to go through the returns process but in this case it looks like there's no way around it. Hope they are able to make things right.

I paid the premium by going through SSC because, in terms of their CS policy and in-stock inventory, I thought they'd be best placed to make good on a return/replacement if needed.

When I unboxed the figure I didn't trust my own judgment in terms of the extent of the blemishing. I thought a lot of it was just manufacture artifacts that are part-and-parcel of a die-cast figure. Then I began to look a lot closer at all of the pics on this thread and realised, no, this example I have in my hands is crap.

I sent these pics to SSC with a suggestion that just the torso and arm might be replaced if possible, to save me the process of reboxing, packing and shipping - but now I'm at the point where I think a replacement of the whole figure is merited. I hope they come through, so I can enjoy the unboxing of this thing that it deserves. I only emailed them yesterday, so hopefully I'll get a response in the next day or two.

I paid the premium by going through SSC because, in terms of their CS policy and in-stock inventory, I thought they'd be best placed to make good on a return/replacement if needed.

When I unboxed the figure I didn't trust my own judgment in terms of the extent of the blemishing. I thought a lot of it was just manufacture artifacts that are part-and-parcel of a die-cast figure. Then I began to look a lot closer at all of the pics on this thread and realised, no, this example I have in my hands is crap.

I sent these pics to SSC with a suggestion that just the torso and arm might be replaced if possible, to save me the process of reboxing, packing and shipping - but now I'm at the point where I think a replacement of the whole figure is merited. I hope they come through, so I can enjoy the unboxing of this thing that it deserves. I only emailed them yesterday, so hopefully I'll get a response in the next day or two.

Hope it works out well for you mate, you have been looking forward to this for a long time I know. And I hope SS come through for you after the faith you have put in them.
:1-1:

Since they aren't sold out, you're good to go I'm sure! I'd push for a full replacement and hell, if it goes sideways, which it won't, you can always get a full refund and order somewhere else.

Hope it works out well for you mate, you have been looking forward to this for a long time I know. And I hope SS come through for you after the faith you have put in them.
:1-1:

Thanks Rory. This is the first time I'll have had to take them up on their return policy, so :pray:

Since they aren't sold out, you're good to go I'm sure! I'd push for a full replacement and hell, if it goes sideways, which it won't, you can always get a full refund and order somewhere else.

Yep, that's my thinking. Luckily there are a few of these around still, and at various stores, so one way or another things will work out :)

The more I read the more I think there will be paint chip issues, in time, but I'll still chance buying a die-cast Mark III or IV when they're released. I only want one or two IMs in my collection and the fading issue on the previous iterations is what prevented me from buying those. This is assuming there aren't a ton of QC or paint issues with Iron Patriot and the IM3 releases.

I hear you, I'm far from an Iron Man completist and the price of the die cast will keep it that way, but I am very excited about finally getting my hands on some die cast. Of course I'll probably cry if it flaked. :monkey2

Sorry to hear your 3PO isn't A1 Lejuan!

You'll end up with a good one I'm sure, but the stuffing around kills the experience, yeah. :gah:

Get your money back & buy one through HLJ. :lecture :lol

The thing with the IM 'die-cast' figures is that only 40% of the figure is actually die-cast and I think now (after reading thread after thread in the Marvel section and stewing over it for a while) that Hot Toys is really only adding it as a gimmick and because so many people would always comment on the 'heft' issue of unpacking their IM Mark X and finding it light (which strikes as a bit ridiculous).

The biggest improvement of the new line, IMO, is the replacement of the rubber codpiece with ABS, so fading should no longer be a problem. The more I think about die-cast for IM specifically, the less benefit I see for us. Everyone agrees die-cast allows for less detail than plastic and the weight it will add probably means no more hovering/flying poses for the figures. Also seems to be a pretty common consensus that paint adheres better to plastic than die-cast and the new ~$300.00 MSRP will be pricing some fans out of the market. Personally, I wish they'd stopped at upgrading the cod piece to ABS and kept the rest plastic.

Hmm, I was thinking if they turn out to be at least 60% diecast, that would work for me (especially at a lower asking price than the Tamashii). While I'm willing to sacrifice a little loss in detail to make the armor seem more like "iron", Iron Man just seems like another character where the use of diecast materials seems appropriate.

Before Bandai's Threepio was released, making the figure metal seemed like overkill, aesthetically as well as financially. Now that I can hold the end-resulting product in my hand, the thing makes total sense.

Not good. Mine is on Flexpay still.
You were one of the first here to order it Lejuan and you got a dud, sorry to see that.

Is the gold also chipped off on the RHS hip/waist right up near the wires?

Looking forward to seeing how things go, it's a pain returning things when we are so far away in Australia.

Sorry to hear your 3PO isn't A1 Lejuan!

You'll end up with a good one I'm sure, but the stuffing around kills the experience, yeah. :gah:

Get your money back & buy one through HLJ. :lecture :lol

The irony being that I may have to go through HLJ to end up with a QC-free figure and for tens of dollars less :lol

Oh amiami... what might have been :monkey2

Not good. Mine is on Flexpay still.
You were one of the first here to order it Lejuan and you got a dud, sorry to see that.

Is the gold also chipped off on the RHS hip/waist right up near the wires?

Looking forward to seeing how things go, it's a pain returning things when we are so far away in Australia.

Yeh, I'm wondering how much I'll be out of pocket if they accept the return. I'll have to FedEx it back to them, and it'll cost around $80 to do that I'd guess. SSC will refund that amount, hopefully in Oz dollars so I don't lose out on the exchange rate.

That particular gold surface on the hip is a sand-blasted type finish, so it's just catching the light in a different way and it's all good :)

Back