Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Tokyo for business, and went around toy hunting after meetings today. Saw a few of this 3PO for around 22000 yen used (about $230US) in stores. If I actually saw one below 20000 yen, I would have picked one up. But then I come by a Bandai display at a department store and they have this on the showcase. I have to say, after seeing the real deal, my price on it has dropped to 15000 yen. Probably because it is die cast, the surface is just not smooth at all, making the gold color not reflective-shiny and that kinda breaks the interest for me. I know a lot of you are praising how heavy it feels when you hold it in hand, but by the end of the day, this will just be standing on my shelf and I will not be holding it from time to time. I have the Medicom 3PO (first non-talking version, so there is no annoying belly slots) and I absolutely love that gold finish. But the 12"PM one has a better scale to other figures, so if they price drops down to around the 15000 yen level, I will probably pick one up. In the mean time, I will just wait....

There's a zillion photos of the final release all over this thread. His finish is highly reflective. Have you seen these????

It's not a mirror finish but not everyone likes that version and it's certainly not a failure to make a non mirrored version of c-3PO. I can understand why some might prefer the other.

Last edited:
I thought it looked a bit elongated/thin in the pictures, that explains it then.

I laughed a little when I heard the sounds, it's just missing a hologram feature and it would be almost perfect "-Help me Obi-wan Kenobi you're my only hope".

A few more days and I can order a C-3PO. :hi5:

I think all but Tamashi's and Medicom have elongated bodies, even the Taito. Check out the comparisons.

attachment.php

Cj1BT9vRtjygfyr3jVL9sw_zps9053d032.jpg
32E24674-C943-41B8-9C09-9E947CDE369F-3184-000001B7AEADB54F_zps53978a9c.jpg

618_movies_star_wars_c_3po_r2_d2_zpscb512ee9.jpg

bf694bf5-020c-427d-b62e-2677003c2f5e_zps40e45789.jpg
ameqyra3.jpg

tumblr_lwr3g8q4Gs1qj295zo1_400_zps104157e9.jpg

I guess the motion clock is elongated, particularly the center leg......oh well. Taito seems about as close as anything there is.....sweet.

Last edited:
I can respect those positions, especially when displaying in your office, or if you have a very limited selection. I have a limited selection, but I am building dios for my figures, so the dio I created was not complete without a temporary R2. Also, I knew I could bring the action clock to work once I purchased a Tamashi version, should it be acceptable.
Fair enough mate, we all have different focuses. :hi5:

In Tokyo for business, and went around toy hunting after meetings today. Saw a few of this 3PO for around 22000 yen used (about $230US) in stores. If I actually saw one below 20000 yen, I would have picked one up. But then I come by a Bandai display at a department store and they have this on the showcase. I have to say, after seeing the real deal, my price on it has dropped to 15000 yen. Probably because it is die cast, the surface is just not smooth at all, making the gold color not reflective-shiny and that kinda breaks the interest for me. I know a lot of you are praising how heavy it feels when you hold it in hand, but by the end of the day, this will just be standing on my shelf and I will not be holding it from time to time. I have the Medicom 3PO (first non-talking version, so there is no annoying belly slots) and I absolutely love that gold finish. But the 12"PM one has a better scale to other figures, so if they price drops down to around the 15000 yen level, I will probably pick one up. In the mean time, I will just wait....
Guess we all nit-pick different things. I really liked the Medicom finish on 3PO and TC-14 but couldn't abide the (atrocious) painted on ab wiring, scale or lack of detail in comparison to the Tamashii. $230.00's a steal, though... really not something I'd be too fussed about if I'm wandering around someplace like HK or Tokyo, personally.

Yeah, that is fairly hilarious - considering the latest SS clone has a sticker price higher than that. That and the fact you couldn't even compare the two in terms of quality. Time to get real.

U guys will be surprised how low thing get here in small shops. I just picked up a Wild Tiger 12"PM for 9000 yen. A Medicom EB Luke for 7500yen, and a HT Iron Monger for 30000 yen. So, just have to wait for it...
And yes, I am picky on that surface finishing. ;)

One 3-PO to rule them ALL. This IS an AWESOME figure! Lifting this piece out of the box and feeling the weight, looking at all the detail, the wires, you'd be crazy to pass this one up. I've been collecting for over 15 years. This is one of those figures that will stay in the collection for a very long time. For me, permanently. I think it just became my most favorite Star Wars collectible. I'm really glad I didn't order the SS premium format. And even though medicom's talks, the joy of holding this thing is just awesome. Quality made. Money definitely well spent. Bandai has set the bar for 3-PO, and it will be hard to beat. It's made of METAL!!

:welcome1: to the forums and congrats on a great purchase.

I just found out i'm/we are going to be 50k in debt today after my womans school loan.(She's not a lawyer either lol) I really don't think buying this is going to make a shyyt load of difference in the long run. Life is so short, gonna be poor for a long while, love SW... And at least i can glance over at this and get some sort of happiness at one of my all time loves STAR WARS.

Still thinking about it, but why not?

FML.

I just found out i'm/we are going to be 50k in debt today after my womans school loan.(She's not a lawyer either lol) I really don't think buying this is going to make a shyyt load of difference in the long run. Life is so short, gonna be poor for a long while, love SW... And at least i can glance over at this and get some sort of happiness at one of my all time loves STAR WARS.

Still thinking about it, but why not?

FML.

Women had this 'retail therapy' thing worked out years ago. It's not real therapy if you can properly afford it. I say go for it Oscorp, treat yourself to some therapy!

WHAT AN AWESOME VIDEO!!!! :rock

Those locations that person found just sell the figure even more!

I was a little squeamish watching him demonstrate the articulation.
First he says it's a $400 figure, then he's putting 3PO through an aerobic workout. :lol

VERY cool video! Most entertaining, enduring, and fun review I've seen!
Thx for posting.

This figure should win some sort of award. It really is a work of art.
If only they could make a Darth Vader that was this good.

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

Back