Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree with you Lu... I seem to think that it's been unofficially said that Sideshow will still be releasing their own take on the droids. But maybe that's being hushed now in an effort to keep the sales of this figure up.

But no word is having the same effect. I was tempted by the Medicom figures a few times, but the scale and hope that Sideshow would come through kept me away. Now with this one it's a bit of a crap shoot... and honestly this has turned out so nice that it seems unlikely that a Sideshow version could improve upon it... maybe just be cheaper.

But with the $10 rise in each realeased figure; a Sideshow version could well be $200 or more by the time it happens.

This definitely factored into my decision to buy the Tama figure. And I agree that there really isn't much room for improvement here--just price.

Osbourne Effect. You don't talk about unreleased product when you're trying to sell an existing one. ;) As far as I'm concerned, this is the official and only 1/6 droid release we'll see from Sideshow. Things may turn out differently, but making that assumption leaves one pretty safe. Albeit with a potentially lighter billfold should one decide to jump on this release.

I totally see that but like Galactiboy said, I think it's having the opposite desired effect. I agree, though, I think we should go forward with the assumption that this is the official release.

Mad old lu.

Absolutely spot on. If Ssc ain't going to make another lets see it. Like when they used to have ask sideshow.

Ild really like this but it's a lot of cash and my wife would proper kill me. If this is it I would think again.

:lol

I cancelled this with Amazon earlier, but just picked it up from Redford Films with the 15% off discount. I hope it ends up being worth the $340 I paid.

Last edited:
:lol

I would've thought this entire thread so far would be a pretty glowing endorsement for you. :)

I don't know. The path of 1/6 figures that cost over $300 is a dangerous one, in my opinion. C-3PO is an iconic Star Wars image, so he gets a pass as he looks to be a definitive representation of the character, but I'm unwilling to pay these prices for characters like Iron Man, for example.

Well, it all depends on how much you want something I guess. I love the Iron Man character.. but my HT mk4 is all I'll ever want. The merchandising machine behind those films is insane. One should ride that train with a 'common sense' ticket. :lol

This 3PO has ticked a massive box on my most wanted list. He's like an old friend I've grown up with, & IS SW in a nutshell. Now that I own him, I can see the quality every time I look at him - it's a knock out piece, & will become a hall of famer before not too long I'm betting.

The only way this figure could be better for my money, would be more leg articulation, & some additional Tatooine weathering.. apart from that - he's golden. :lecture :D

Yes. Common sense tells me that I'm good with Marks 1-7 with the Iron Man line. I'm a really big fan of Marvel and Iron Man too, but I don't like him enough to pay $310 a figure for his line.

Star Wars is a little different for me. A couple key pieces at a really high price, I'm alright with. R2 and 3PO fall under that category.

I cancelled this with Amazon earlier, but just picked it up from Redford Films with the 15% off discount. I hope it ends up being worth the $340 I paid.

I really wish I waited to buy this cheaper. I bought mine from Sideshow for fear of CS issues buying from a Japanese company. I also got a screaming deal on a Squad Leader SSC Santrooper from Redford Films...would have love to repaid them with this order...they are very well priced. They deserve the business.

Congrats on your buy. I love my C-3PO.

36DF4609-4DBA-4C1E-9222-F6FDE7839BE3-6058-000003C0BE6676C0_zpsa0816e25.jpg

Look like HLJ and ami are about the same about 340$ shipped. SS with the 25$ coupon is going to be about 392$ shipped. (but with flawless CS in case something is wrong)

Hmmmmm. (would like to find it in the US for around 340 ish or cheaper)

I bought mine through HLJ, & they were fantastic with their turn around time. Their CS is great too, it's just a matter of following their T&C policy for anything post sale related. They have a huge team of staff, & specific email addresses for targeted queries. :)

Look like HLJ and ami are about the same about 340$ shipped. SS with the 25$ coupon is going to be about 392$ shipped. (but with flawless CS in case something is wrong)

Hmmmmm. (would like to find it in the US for around 340 ish or cheaper)

I forget which member it was, but SSC's response to a busted cable was ridiculous. I hope that got resolved - I might go sift back through this thread and see if it did. If it didn't then it's unacceptable.

I forget which member it was, but SSC's response to a busted cable was ridiculous. I hope that got resolved - I might go sift back through this thread and see if it did. If it didn't then it's unacceptable.

I think he said that they finally sent him a new body, but it took a lot of effort to get them to do it.

Yeah SS does do some shady crap no doubt, but a full return would not have been a problem. (Sending something back to Japan would not be fun)

I think he said that they finally sent him a new body, but it took a lot of effort to get them to do it.
Yeah, it was DrQ2 and they sent replacement a body, like Boba Ben says. I was surprised, too, that they actually tried to say that's the way it 'should' be... maybe just a lazy or shady rep, though.

Yeah, it was DrQ2 and they sent replacement a body, like Boba Ben says. I was surprised, too, that they actually tried to say that's the way it 'should' be... maybe just a lazy or shady rep, though.

Thanks for the refresher. That's great that they replaced the body. I went back and read through DrQ's posts, it does kind of sound like a case of a lazy rep than anything wrong with SSC's actual policy.

AmiAmi did not offer a replacement or exchange for my broken piece.

That's right! The top piece of the neck rod wasn't it? See that to me is a straight-out QC fault that amiami should have taken responsibility for.

Back