Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some struggle, here's the best photo I could take of the color I finally settled on for C-3PO's eye modification:

Eyes08_zps59cf5f68.jpg

How does it compare to the real thing?

uloge35.jpg

Looks great PJB. Although it's hard to get good pictures. Mine looks yellow in some, and too orange in others....only if I get really close to the figure and take a snapshot of his head. Guess I need a better camera.

Anyway, great job.

Here's a couple of mine:

14966B7F-C9CE-412B-9DEA-FDF4617BADC2-354-0000002739E27727_zps0c062a5b.jpg

3190F114-CACE-45C9-B0D3-3B12E7246939-354-00000027415C6A55_zpsf6ff8455.jpg

So excited my C3PO finally arrived:yess:
If you are a Star Wars fan this is a must buy! - Sorry, but you really have no choice.

One 3-PO to rule them ALL. This IS an AWESOME figure! Lifting this piece out of the box and feeling the weight, looking at all the detail, the wires, you'd be crazy to pass this one up. I've been collecting for over 15 years. This is one of those figures that will stay in the collection for a very long time. For me, permanently. I think it just became my most favorite Star Wars collectible. I'm really glad I didn't order the SS premium format. And even though medicom's talks, the joy of holding this thing is just awesome. Quality made. Money definitely well spent. Bandai has set the bar for 3-PO, and it will be hard to beat. It's made of METAL!!

:exactly: :goodpost:

According to SSC, this C-3PO *IS* their own droid. In collaboration with "Tamashii Nations" (Bandai).

According to SSC, this C-3PO *IS* their own droid. In collaboration with "Tamashii Nations" (Bandai).

Yep, exactly!! R2 is coming, good, bad or indifferent....it's coming.

My R2 just arrived in the mail. It's the automated clock....can't wait to see how it measures up to C-3PO.

Last edited:
Here's some photos of my new (and only) R2...I think he looks pretty damn good, and almost the perfect size. More detailed than the Taito.

48BBECFA-BEB0-4FC6-B698-6D0F6FE5E8E2-354-00000092949390A4_zpsd41c7a18.jpg

BA0BC2D3-F5B7-4E3D-9DB5-2432FFD103DA-354-000000929D751CA7_zpsa99bacf3.jpg

660612EC-0700-4EDC-B693-DBAB9C02AE92-354-000000BE3B6ADFD3_zps70f76dd7.jpg

Last edited:
Made by Rythym Watch Co. . Made of ABS....

Manufacture: RHYTHM WATCH CO.,LTD.
Item Condition: Brand New
Package Size: 167x120x102mm
Supply: AA Alkaline Batteries × 2
Material: Plastic Frame

Damn this hobby. I got 3PO today, and the first thing I do is give it a good going over. First the known problems: wires/cables in good order - check. Pistons functioning as normal - check.

Then the minor stuff: surface finish. And that's when I start getting really an4l about things - a minor bubbling of the finish on the right flank. Two tiny nicks or scratches on the abdomen.

And then all the questions start... is this degree of blemishing normal? Would all these figures have some blemishing to some extent?

This is stuff that's barely visible and that a normal person wouldn't see except if you handed them a magnifying glass.

So I put it back in the box and left it there for a bit.

Then I returned to it an hour later and, magically, the scratches and blemishes had shrunk somehow. Almost disappeared.

I'm gonna leave it in the box another hour. The blemishes will probably be completely gone by then, and I can finally start to appreciate this figure instead of scrutinizing the joy out of it. It's one helluva piece. Just as impressive as I'd hoped it would be from the early proto stage, and became increasingly evident as in-hand pics and reviews and posts starting flowing into this thread.

Love the weight. Love the use of materials and finish. It's in a league of its own.

If I have one gripe it's that they didn't include bluetooth connectivity so I can sit in my comfy chair and make the lights go on and off all day.

where can I get one of those r2`s at. I cant find one how much is amiami have there threepo`s for.and what method of shipping did every one choose

Damn this hobby. I got 3PO today, and the first thing I do is give it a good going over. First the known problems: wires/cables in good order - check. Pistons functioning as normal - check.

Then the minor stuff: surface finish. And that's when I start getting really an4l about things - a minor bubbling of the finish on the right flank. Two tiny nicks or scratches on the abdomen.

And then all the questions start... is this degree of blemishing normal? Would all these figures have some blemishing to some extent?

This is stuff that's barely visible and that a normal person wouldn't see except if you handed them a magnifying glass.

So I put it back in the box and left it there for a bit.

Then I returned to it an hour later and, magically, the scratches and blemishes had shrunk somehow. Almost disappeared.

I'm gonna leave it in the box another hour. The blemishes will probably be completely gone by then, and I can finally start to appreciate this figure instead of scrutinizing the joy out of it. It's one helluva piece. Just as impressive as I'd hoped it would be from the early proto stage, and became increasingly evident as in-hand pics and reviews and posts starting flowing into this thread.

Love the weight. Love the use of materials and finish. It's in a league of its own.

If I have one gripe it's that they didn't include bluetooth connectivity so I can sit in my comfy chair and make the lights go on and off all day.

I bet they are particles of dust/debris caught in the invisible oil coating on 3PO Lejuan.

Mine had some too, what looked like tiny scratches were actually tiny fibres on the surface. rub them with your finger and see if they go.

where can I get one of those r2`s at. I cant find one how much is amiami have there threepo`s for.and what method of shipping did every one choose

They're not perfect...but he moves, lights up and has sound board. Google R2-D2 Action Alarm Clock...it's $83.00 right now.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/STAR-R2-D2-Action-Alarm-Clock/dp/B008MENJGI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_o6Axrb0E3TH3Q_tt[/ame]

Last edited:
Back