Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm not keen on it gripping the torso with the waist clasper thing either. I'll figure something for my set up anyway..

Mine arrived today!!! :yess: :blissy :yess: :rock

Yet to open him up - long day, but I will very soon & post a pic for y'all.

There is one very cool thing about the stand that came with Threepio and that's the way it fits perfectly in his waist. It's especially nice when you see it from the back the way they have the height hit exactly in the space of the wires. The claw itself has some nice detailing that makes it look like it was meant to fit in there as well. And you can see that they tried to have that claw be as unobtrusive as possible judging by where the arms end right at his sides so there is minimal blocking to the front. Unfortunately as we all know the claw mechanism isn't strong enough to hold him if he were to tip forward. And if you swivel the figure to the side, he slips out of the claw very easily. Ironically enough, it is difficult to actually open the claw and I find I have to swivel Threepio a bit just get my fingers in the claw enough to pry it open.

I'm still ogling this guy!

With those wires as delicate as people say they are, I don't want anything touching them. :huh

I'll either find a nice stable as possible free standing pose, or mod a HT stand with some padding for the grabber.

If he's going to be posed on glass, I'd prefer the museum wax. I'll do some tests with it once I'm ready for display and see if it can handle his weight or not. Really don't like the look of stands in general and they look even worse with him, due to the way one's eyes are drawn to the wiring detail.

Man, so long, Vintij... I went Flexpay on it and it's not scheduled to arrive until June, with the T2 battle-damaged T800. As I've mentioned here and there, current place we're in is really dusty, so I don't have any of my stuff on display and just am storing everything until we move (later this year, I think). So not in a rush, really, as I'll just inspect it and box it away but I might break down and get this early. A little worried if I wait until June that there won't be any replacements available if it arrives broken or defective. Yours is coming any day now, right?

With those wires as delicate as people say they are, I don't want anything touching them. :huh

I'll either find a nice stable as possible free standing pose, or mod a HT stand with some padding for the grabber.

I'm thinking of Museum Wax on a layer of plexiglass/acrylic glass that can act a thin stand base.

Again, isn't magnets in the stand the most logical choice with this figure. Shrink tubing to pad the clasp? I mean Really??
I thought of that too, as my first choice. So i used my hard drive magnets and tried to put them to his feet. It doesn't work. It's barely enough to even get a loose grip.

Do you have the figure?

Again, isn't magnets in the stand the most logical choice with this figure. Shrink tubing to pad the clasp? I mean Really??
Not if you don't like the included stand to begin with it isn't - or those older SSC ones. :lol

Yours is coming any day now, right?
My 3PO arrived yesterday!! :D
Yet to open, I will in the next day or so..

I ordered him last Sunday night through HLJ at around 11:30pm, & the total turn around time from submission to delivery from Japan to Sydney AUS, was 4 & a half days - unbelievable! :rock :rock

It depends on you budget of course, but not everyone's going to jump because it's expensive, so it'll be in stock for a while yet I'd imagine. I wouldn't leave it too long though..

Amazon has him again for $373.19 w/ free shipping and ships from Amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HMK1OW/ref=s9_wish_co_d7_g21_ir01?ie=UTF8&colid=2D6ZV6Y7T2UPB&coliid=I1HOD3NYOQ2GEI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=169R4AC03847JSVCN96W&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1280661682&pf_rd_i=typ01[/ame]

LMK how it turns out, B! :wave

No go flosi...............just tried a very strong earth magnet and it barely stuck. Pretty much did a slow slide off of him. Probably 3po is made of the equivalent to pot metal..........:monkey2

Back