Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut Wires on the Back. SSC got back to me today. Seems that all the C3PO have cut wires on the back of them. I just happen to see it. Or so I was told.

I just got mine like 10 min ago. Did my QC check and everything looks good. I don't have the cut wires either man.

I got mine from HLJ. I just opened him up in the car and I was blown away. He is soo heavy!!!

Pics and review coming later.

Hey wtf?..........Not cut wires here either...........:mad:

Damn I may have to break out the tin snips..........:gah:

So SSC has this in stock but my last flex payment was set back to the end of the month - I thought when they got stock in earlier than anticipated and they themselves delayed the last payment that they offered you to settle the account in full? Have to look that up, I want my 3PO pronto :)

Are they cut on the 1:1 suit?

Moot point if they are, seeing as how most people who have this in hand are reporting decidedly uncut wires. Either all those folk got inaccurate versions with DrQ2 getting a rare accurate version, or they're actually not supposed to be cut :)

Moot point if they are, seeing as how most people who have this in hand are reporting decidedly uncut wires. Either all those folk got inaccurate versions with DrQ2 getting a rare accurate version, or they're actually not supposed to be cut :)

Yeah with all the effort that went into this figure making it as accurate as possible and being the "Perfect" C-3PO, I don't see how the wires are suppose to be cut if 99% don't have them cut.

Yeah with all the effort that went into this figure making it as accurate as possible and being the "Perfect" C-3PO, I don't see how the wires are suppose to be cut if 99% don't have them cut.

I was kidding, sideshow probably just bent the truth...........a bit........:monkey3

I guess they'd like to avoid replacing $400 items as much as possible thus trying to convince customers their cut wire issue may not be a big deal after all.

:lol :slap

So people feel comforted that they've ordered through SSC, yet when an issue with this piece is brought to their attention, they pass it off as a deliberate design / manufacturing decision. :monkey1

Go SSC. :yess: :lol

It's supposed to have cut wires. Yeah, that's the ticket!

tommy-flanagan.jpg

My main issue is this is not my item. This is my GF. Not only has she been saving for it. She even ask me for a loan to pay it off. From what everyone is saying it sounds like some kind of BS on SSC part.

I will be calling them in the AM and seeing what they are going to do about the cut wire. My feelings is, she (everyone) paid a big price for this. It was not bought at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

She is happy with it, and I can put in a new wire if she ask me to. It's just I don't want her to feel rip off or given the its like this.

I'm not going to even bother looking to see if my wires are cut. If I look now, I'll know it's tainted and I could never live with it. Ignorance is bliss.

I got one from ebay user name Animeking_inc. He seems to have some decent feedback but a few negatives. I have not paid yet and will have the cash tomorrow but has anyone had dealings with them? I wanted to get this sooner than later and would hate to have to wait through weeks of non delivery and dredge through opening a case to get my money back.

Anyone get theirs with a wire in the back cut? I was looking at ours the other day and seen one of the wires was cut.

2013-03-08_20-59-18_195_zps7ccbf548.jpg

The part you're talking about is a plastic casted piston, not a wire. Is it a definite snap or is there a hole in the center painted section that it plugs into? If push comes to shove it would be an easy fix.

Back