Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is funny that way, particularly about items they are only the distributors of like Hot Toys. I remember with HT Superman and FA Captain America, and I think even Spidey, they were refusing exchanges when people wrote complaining about crooked "S"s and crooked stars on the chest, crooked "A"s on the helmet, etc. Sideshow told them they were all like that so they would not exchange them.

Occasionally when it's a limited item, they can be the same way with their own product as well. I think I remember them being difficult with their Luke/Han in Stormie disguise figures when people wanted to exchange their wonky eye-d figures for new ones.

Nowadays I figure I'll have a similar time with an exchange from other good e-tailers like BBTS or AE. I'm now opting to order HT figures from them, that way I can get a little discount on the price. I figure they can't be any worse than Sideshow flat out refusing to exchange things. And I'll buy things through Sideshow when it's their own product. They are more likely to be accommodating with their own product.

Of course you also hear about instances where Sideshow has bent over backwards with people in getting them replacement parts, etc., so YMMV.

But what do I know since AmiAmi wasn't helpful with my chipped tip!

Sideshow is funny that way, particularly about items they are only the distributors of like Hot Toys. I remember with HT Superman and FA Captain America, and I think even Spidey, they were refusing exchanges when people wrote complaining about crooked "S"s and crooked stars on the chest, crooked "A"s on the helmet, etc. Sideshow told them they were all like that so they would not exchange them.

Occasionally when it's a limited item, they can be the same way with their own product as well. I think I remember them being difficult with their Luke/Han in Stormie disguise figures when people wanted to exchange their wonky eye-d figures for new ones.

Nowadays I figure I'll have a similar time with an exchange from other good e-tailers like BBTS or AE. I'm now opting to order HT figures from them, that way I can get a little discount on the price. I figure they can't be any worse than Sideshow flat out refusing to exchange things. And I'll buy things through Sideshow when it's their own product. They are more likely to be accommodating with their own product.

Of course you also hear about instances where Sideshow has bent over backwards with people in getting them replacement parts, etc., so YMMV.

That sucks that AmiAmi wouldn't help, but that's not uncommon with them. I think they even state something like a warning on their website to buyers outisde of Asia. They have great prices (****ty shipping) but that's the gamble with them. HLJ is better about returns/exchanges but they have other issues.

OK, 3PO has arrived... I am happy with it, the stand is very cheap. But I have been able to pose him in a sturdy position. So, I will use the cheap stand and just pose him like he is now. It will be fine...

No broken wires/plastic things in the front or back of the mid-section. The neck bolts are evenly sized, no issue with that. I am trying to find an iconic pose for 3PO now, that brings me back to being 7 years old in 1977.

29bk1tk.jpg

9055oy.jpg

2efkvv8.jpg

2yoeu5j.jpg

Just to be clear on this - seriously, you called SSC yourself and said that a wire is broken, and SSC said that is the way it is supposed to be? You heard this from SSC and not your gf or someone else?

Sorry, I only ask because over in the SSC Vader thread, you joked about talking to SSC and getting information, and you seemed to want people to think you were serious until it went back and forth a few times and it finally became clear you were joking:

I have two emails from them saying this. Their phone system is not picking up as of late. But..

If I can ask, anyone wish to post the back of there C3PO this way I can say. Nope your wrong.

On the Vader thread I was never joking about it. I talk to many of their sales people and reps and everyone of them said it was not/never going to be a 1/6 item. It (at the time I did not have a name) a new line. Unless someone has something to do with anything. I don't go by what I read on the net. I learn that from listing to people from WW2.

Little story about the "S" on Superman. Its a ink stain, the night before they where fixing the boards and drop ink on his chest. Being they did not money and need to show it. The turn it into a "S".

How do I know this? My Great Grandfather wanted to kill Joe Shuster for missing around with my grandmother. Something you did not do back in the 30s. This came from both my grandmonther, and Joe himself.

An yes I seen the story board with it.

I also was given the just put tape on the hands of my 1st PF from them. I have had problems and they have fix them. But what bugs me is the lie about it should be this way. We are not talking about something off colored. If need be I will run a new wire for her. In the long run it maybe just faster.

OK, 3PO has arrived... I am happy with it, the stand is very cheap. But I have been able to pose him in a sturdy position. So, I will use the cheap stand and just pose him like he is now. It will be fine...

No broken wires/plastic things in the front or back of the mid-section. The neck bolts are evenly sized, no issue with that. I am trying to find an iconic pose for 3PO now, that brings me back to being 7 years old in 1977.

When I finally muster up the courage to get any C-3PO & R2-D2 I will end up posing them like the picture below.

article-2007740-008438AE00000258-518_468x474.jpg

Finally got this guy in today - just perfect. He's also really a lot heavier than I expected. Hope sideshow gives the more important droids to Tamashii to do

I wasn't too happy with the stand that came with C-3PO. It was too high with the other SS figures. Some of you have gone the free stand... but I didn't want to go that way as fear of it falling. So I tried the SS crotch grabber. It scuffed C-3PO lightly. So I'm not going that way. I used SS waist grabber but I didn't want the metal grabber rubbing on C-3PO. So I've added some tubing to hold him in place.

I seem to recall the Source having plastic heat shrink tubing for electronics. I'm gonna check that out tonight. I'm looking for the black tubing and it will be a lot smaller than the tubing that I'm using right now. So that it won't be as noticeable. Other option was using the original bar that came with C-3PO and zip tie it to a SS stand in the back.. but I think that will make it look cheap.

No wires cut in the back either.

What do you guys think?

Stand2.jpg

Stand1.jpg

The part you're talking about is a plastic casted piston, not a wire. Is it a definite snap or is there a hole in the center painted section that it plugs into? If push comes to shove it would be an easy fix.

I took a closer look. It can't be pushed in. I am still going to see what ssc does.

So I went to the Source... found some heat shrinking tube... but they wanted $7. I passed and went to the local hardware store and found what I want for $2.50. I put it on the waist grabber.. I was gonna heat shrink it ....it actually didn't look to bad. Decided not to heat it up. I could always do it later. Like this much better than the other tubing. Rock solid... very satisfied with the stand. On to the pics :)

P1010001.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Got mine from AmiAmi. Went through a stressful time as this was held at customs and EMS does not help on clearing this unlike Fedex. Was worried that there may defects but turn out ok. Really heavy figure. Only two complain which one is the crappy stand and another is plastic hands which the gold is not as shinny as the metal parts. Not sure why they did not also include metal hands.

Do you guys wipe off the oil on this? It is suppose to protect the metal parts?

The wait for C-3PO is a killer. However, I did get in the Legend Studio Display case and R2 today. The are patiently awaiting 3PO to join them.

008_zps6f62659b.jpg

Back