Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for digging up the pics, Kuat. I couldn't be happier with it for the $130.00 I paid for the exclusive (w/coupon).

I'm looking forward to him as well. Got an Ex with a few reward points, and a regular from the UK. Love the fact there are so many display options.

If he's short I'll jack him up on some black Lego tiles to give the impression of wheels!

So, who's going to be the first to smash this up when ht chewie drops?

:lol

One of the many cool things about this Threepio is that you CAN do the busted up ESB version because he comes apart. The only thing is that the arms come off at the shoulder, so it won't look exactly like in the movie where his arm still has his left shoulder bell attached.

I'm seeing the Tamashii 3PO head being held in those "relaxed"/open Chewy hands though, Hamlet style.

I kind of doubt the SSC 3PO will come apart.

I have a feeling SSC's 3PO is smaller in scale to the Tamashii. I also have a feeling that if this is true, it is intentional. :mad:

Why would SSC intentionally underscale their 3PO? You mean like a Medi vs SSC type thing?

Wasn't quite near the end, so had to dig back into the thread!

422310751.jpg

8079473011.jpg

I don't think Artoo is far off, considering he doesn't have his wheels deployed.
Thanks. No, he's not far off.
I have a feeling SSC's 3PO is smaller in scale to the Tamashii. I also have a feeling that if this is true, it is intentional. :mad:
He does look smaller. Especially the one where the guy is holding him. Ill have to check my Tama.
We'll make an Anglophile out of you yet :duff
:lol

Both grandparents on both sides are from Ireland actually.
I'm seeing the Tamashii 3PO head being held in those "relaxed"/open Chewy hands though, Hamlet style.

I kind of doubt the SSC 3PO will come apart.

Why would SSC intentionally underscale their 3PO? You mean like a Medi vs SSC type thing?
So people with the Tama Threepio that want R2 will be forced to buy the SSC Threepio so they'll be closer in scale. At least I think thats what pix is saying.

If they under scaled both figures just to screw people who have the Tama, don't you guys think they would at least have made them the correct scale in relation to each other? Sorry, but this just seems like a Sideshow screw-up, not them trying to screw anyone else. ;)

If they under scaled both figures just to screw people who have the Tama, don't you guys think they would at least have made them the correct scale in relation to each other? Sorry, but this just seems like a Sideshow screw-up, not them trying to screw anyone else. ;)
:exactly: :lol

They've flubbed some pretty important things over the years, why should the droids get any special treatment.

Toss'em onto the wonky bus as well SSC. :lol

R2 seems slightly underscale in relation to 3PO, but what indicates the SSC 3PO is underscale in relation to other figs?

Most of these companies don't pay enough attention to scale, but IMO, Sideshow has a better track record than Hot Toys when comparing one release to another (opposed to matching everything to precisely 1:6). R2 compared to 3PO and specs on Sideshow's site is under scaled, but correctly proportioned.

HT's heads seem to be getting smaller.

R2's not 'slightly' under scale - I'd say it's more than that.

The astros are also wide, & this R2 lacks.. girth. :monkey3

Yeah, R2's "shoulder width" seems too narrow compared 3PO's shoulder width.

Amazing how R2's look is totally nailed by nearly every company but the scale just seems insurmountable.

Back