Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I'm selling this, partially because I didn't think it really jived with my collection, last night I went to put it back in the box, it had been in a detolf, but thought to try it on my gokin shelf. Now it looks great... lol, I like it better next to my Miracle Vehicle Voltron and grendizer than I did next to Luke and Vader. Weird.

Sweeet!

Do post pics of that if you get a chance. :lol :hi5:

Sweeet!

Do post pics of that if you get a chance. :lol :hi5:

Quick and dirty, like my women.

2D6AABA5-89CE-4DCF-A2FD-0E9ED4AF7210_zpshprrggkk.jpg

Haha, yep, Lejuan's got the right of it, I think. Doesn't really make sense for Tamashii to team-up with HT when seemingly the reason they never delivered R2 was because they didn't want to partner with Sideshow for it. If you're patient I'm sure an HT R2 is inevitable (especially with 3PO and R2 being in Ep VII... can't think of any reason they would want to mess with R2's design). Will probably still be a couple of years, though, so in the meantime I'd pick-up SSC's R2. It's a very nice version in its own right and not just a place holder, IMO.

Haha, yep, Lejuan's got the right of it, I think. Doesn't really make sense for Tamashii to team-up with HT when seemingly the reason they never delivered R2 was because they didn't want to partner with Sideshow for it. If you're patient I'm sure an HT R2 is inevitable (especially with 3PO and R2 being in Ep VII... can't think of any reason they would want to mess with R2's design). Will probably still be a couple of years, though, so in the meantime I'd pick-up SSC's R2. It's a very nice version in its own right and not just a place holder, IMO.

Yeah, I have the SS one preordered, which is very nice, but not next to Tamashii C-3PO IMHO. It will be a place holder to replace the Hasbro place holder I currently have. And I know they're BOTH under scale, but the quality of the Tamashii version looked incredible to me. All the details were perfect IMHO.

image.jpg

I wouldn't count on a future Hot Toys R2 and 3PO pair necessarily being in scale with each other nor other characters. Neither SS nor HT are exactly well known to maintain accurate scale.

We'll have to wait for in-hand for final confirmation, but the specs on Sideshow's site list it undersized and the images from SDCC (at tear-down time) show it undersized relative to 3PO.

If anyone has pics of that I'd love to see it. I can't be arsed ( I love that saying. :lol) to do the research.

Yeah, I have the SS one preordered, which is very nice, but not next to Tamashii C-3PO IMHO. It will be a place holder to replace the Hasbro place holder I currently have. And I know they're BOTH under scale, but the quality of the Tamashii version looked incredible to me. All the details were perfect IMHO.

View attachment 136193
Agreed, Tamashii's was nice, but from photos with 3PO, still underscaled (as you mention), an inaccurate chrome dome and main eye, so there were plenty of people in this thread ripping their prototype to pieces, too. We're on the same page as far as quality goes. Definitely I'd prefer to pay double SSC's price for a totally in-scale (if HT accomplishes this... I believe it would be a first), movie accurate R2, with spun aluminium dome, lights and sound. That said, when something like that is eventually released, I'll be keeping my SSC R2 and just find another spot for it, either in a display or on my work desk, etc. It's not a garbage figure just b/c it's not the Tamashii/imagined HT, is basically my point.

If anyone has pics of that I'd love to see it. I can't be arsed ( I love that saying. :lol) to do the research.

Wasn't quite near the end, so had to dig back into the thread!

422310751.jpg

8079473011.jpg

I don't think Artoo is far off, considering he doesn't have his wheels deployed.

I have a feeling SSC's 3PO is smaller in scale to the Tamashii. I also have a feeling that if this is true, it is intentional. :mad:

Back