Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the 3P0 considered a failure?

I'm not sure if it is or not. But the mentality behind some guys here certainly doesn't help it's cause. If you were in charge of sales at Midtown Comics and you had to resort to reducing C3PO's price to less than 2/3 of it's retail just to move the product what would you think?

After reading this entire thread I took the plunge and ordered one... $350 shipped...

The figure looks amazing and I can't wait for it to arrive but it does feel a little like gambling on the idea that their R2 may see the light of day.
How can you have one without the other?

I guess I'm going to remain optimistic...

Trigger pulled. I've been needing a C3P0. But really was this thing ever $425? Now when does R2D2 come out?

It was only that price from Sideshow - but $400 seemed to be about the usual from US retailers. SE Asian retailers had it for a lot less. Amiami's was the cheapest I found, they had it for $270 + shipping. I picked mine up from HLJ for $320 shipped.

Failure, I suppose... i just think Bluefins initial pricepoint of $400 was insane. This should have been released at $300. I actually may still buy this for $300 and somewhat always expected to, it's just that I A) can't flex pay it at $300 and B) have other things in line before this that I want to spend my money on.

Well yeah, and my Power of the Force 3.75" C-3PO is pretty awesome, and I have him.

Ok, well sounds like you're pretty content with the POTF figure. No need for this. To each his own.

I prefer the one from theVintage line though, even though the finish is completely wrong. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I don't feel the pricing has anything to do with the level of "Iconicism" a character carries. The particular figure was priced this high because of the die cast. If you compare it the releases HT has coming up its pretty much priced the same way.

I don't give a damn about anyone's preference on buying stuff... it's not my collection. I just feel like if people want this line to flourish they should buy the figure without having to wait until retailers decide it's a complete failure.... it's pretty much going to make or break future releases in the line.

481988_460731200614228_1131110600_n.jpg

Nice box art. Didn't know they went as far as making the box. I do t think I've ever seen that pic.

I get they would have fixed it yada, yada, but I find it weird that even a prototype from the same company that made Threepio could look that off.

I get they would have fixed it yada, yada, but I find it weird that even a prototype from the same company that made Threepio could look that off.

No doubt!
Especially when they are touting the 'Japanese Star Wars scholar' guru guy is on board. It's got to be accurate if they're going to be throwing that kind of label around.

No doubt!
Especially when they are touting the 'Japanese Star Wars scholar' guru guy is on board. It's got to be accurate if they're going to be throwing that kind of label around.

I've heard that a few times, the "scholar" thing. Who is this person?

Precisely, if you look at the some of the earlier images of 3PO he was nowhere near as great.

But to be fair, he wasn't out of scale. The "demo" R2 as I'll call him, looks like it was made from a mold that was itself cast from an existing R2 - Medicom? Hasbro? If it was indeed a die cast sample, why on earth would they go to the trouble of making a mold if it wasn't the right scale? That's potentially some serious expense if they made any kind of metal mold. And if it wasn't just a recast of something else, you can bet that it was the final size - there's no way they'd have spent time making something from scratch of the wrong size just for use as a show sample. Didn't the label on it say they were waiting for licensor approval? On that sample? Something's sketchy about the whole thing.

Back