Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no intention, NO intention at all to buy this threepio, but after reading through this thread. Damn! I want to buy one now! You guys are a bunch of enablers! :rotfl :rotfl

It's no big secret, I have mentioned it several times in the thread. I have gotten mine from Amazon.co.jp and there are a few still availible and there's always a few on yahoo auctions. I bought the Tamiya 1/6 Honda CB750 FOUR kit to go with the coming HT Terminator and added a couple of clocks.

You wil need to use a proxy but it will still be much cheaper than that other place I can't remember the name of right now (japtou?) that has it for $60-70? The price is so low anyway that the fees will be small.

Shoppingmall japan even has a US warehouse so shipping costs should be low.

Every time I search for one on Amazon.co.jp I come up empty, including now. Shoppingmalljapan is a mess of a site, but that aside, also no search results.

EDIT: OK, found one on Amazon. Wasn't coming up with a search on the site, but searching via yahoo I found an Amazon link for the product. ~$12-13 shipping on top of the $24/25 price.

Last edited:
If you take that URL and paste it into the URL box at shoppingmalljapan, it will give you the details and ability to buy it after signing up. Looks like an $8 commission, plus shipping (which wasn't displayed when I tested).

If you take that URL and paste it into the URL box at shoppingmalljapan, it will give you the details and ability to buy it after signing up. Looks like an $8 commission, plus shipping (which wasn't displayed when I tested).

Got it! Were you able to order one without creating a password?

Ummmm yeah..... That is probably the most confusing website I have ever seen. I registered. Confirmed. Now it wants a deposit. A bit more than "just sign up". :dunno

It also appears the piece is used and the description says "paint missing". Overall quality is 2 out of 5 stars. Meaning "Item has accessories missing, part scratches, and conspicuous dirt showing considerable usability."

Thanks for the link though. :wave

Last edited:
I registered. Confirmed. Now it wants a deposit. A bit more than "just sign up". :dunno

That is a bit of a pain, but a deposit is a given with all the proxies. But you can deposit a sum with your credit card, then you have that sum as credit on SMJ. When all is done you get an invoice via e-mail and then you allow them to draw it from the credit card. So you don't have to send money in advance.

I couldn't even find a link to set up the deposit. The site is a bit of a study in information overload and hide-and-seek purchasing protocol.

Back