Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more for the anticipation of Fett.

Ambush on Endor

wth9ch.jpg

OK, a lot of collectors out there who know a thing or two about swordsmanship commented that many people were placing the scabbard in the wrong way curving up. But again the official photos of Boba Fett show the scabbard curving up! So is that wrong again and it should be curving down?!? Or does the curvature depend on the type of sword or something? Or it doesnt matter and it's personal preference?

OK, a lot of collectors out there who know a thing or two about swordsmanship commented that many people were placing the scabbard in the wrong way curving up. But again the official photos of Boba Fett show the scabbard curving up! So is that wrong again and it should be curving down?!? Or does the curvature depend on the type of sword or something? Or it doesnt matter and it's personal preference?

From Gardehusar30 on Rebelscum:
"When in full armour it is worn as Tachi, with the sharp side down. At the beginning the blade was only used and worn as a Tachi, but down the line, they made the Katana. The katana is worn with sharp side up when in Civil or non military dress, and as Tachi when in battle dress."

As JKNO points out it is not 100% clear cut, but in this case, given the wakizashi is pointing down, we know the style the sword is being worn as so the katana should also curve down.

Yeah I have the katana curving down on my Stormtrooper, mostly because I prefer that particular look. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you have it, just go with whatever you like the looks of more.

I think Han would be cool as a U.S. Calvary man, like in the last samurai movie.....

While I think they should have Han as a Japanese insured figure I would definitely also buy a line of figures that takes Star Wars characters and puts them in 18th century style. Stormtroopers could be English readcoats etc... But that will not happen.

Boba is now available for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store. He's sucking me into collecting this whole line.

Does anyone know if Anime Export is a legitimate vendor?

I ordered my Meishou Vader and trooper from them, as well as a couple MP Transformers. Price is pretty good, and I've always gotten my stuff very quickly.

The only issue I've had is keeping an eye on my preorders, b/c though they say they'll email you when something comes in, that hasn't always happened. Luckily I'm forever checking up on my few preorders. If you are the kind of collector who preorders a ton of stuff and forgets from where, maybe A-E isn't your best bet.

Back