Talking Stormtrooper action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, these will do until SS re releases new stormtroopers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

If SS will release a new Stormie and if that will be without redesign, then this Disney figure will again beat it. The Disney figure is a toy, but it is amazing to see that for $40 you can get such a cool figure.

I got a Darth Vader yesterday.
Great looking toys.

2379ED36538B7A900B6329

If SS will release a new Stormie and if that will be without redesign, then this Disney figure will again beat it. The Disney figure is a toy, but it is amazing to see that for $40 you can get such a cool figure.

Makes you wonder why Sideshow figures Cost 5 times as much.. I know they have the articulation..but the whole argument was the cost of plastic.. and these Disney ones use more....nice to see how bad you are getting ripped off.

Makes you wonder why Sideshow figures Cost 5 times as much.. I know they have the articulation..but the whole argument was the cost of plastic.. and these Disney ones use more....nice to see how bad you are getting ripped off.
I guess it just comes down to what folks are willing to accept / are happy with. :lol

I've pretty much been a SSC critic from day one - except for a few really well done figures, most of them are expensive approximations.

If the 2.0 Stormie ends up inheriting the 'sins of the father'.. then people deserve what they pay for.

I love the dynamic sculpt of Darth Vader. And the light sabre is awesome. We need more of those in the line, frankly. One weird thing - my Vader will only make the breathing sound effects. Anyone else have that issue? It's the only figure with a Try Me button, but no matter what the setting I put it on in only makes the breathing noises. I might have a lemon.

14330917591_d8fbe89cf4_z.jpg

X-Wing Luke looks great, too. Really nice likeness, though the hair is a tad dark. The helmet looks better off, I think. It seems a WEE bit over-sized, but it barely fits on his head as-is. The chin strap (that actually comes undone) is a nice touch.

14333519804_dd7bab93c1_z.jpg

14147754817_4f95f8aa5f_z.jpg

I love the dynamic sculpt of Darth Vader. And the light sabre is awesome. We need more of those in the line, frankly. One weird thing - my Vader will only make the breathing sound effects. Anyone else have that issue? It's the only figure with a Try Me button, but no matter what the setting I put it on in only makes the breathing noises. I might have a lemon.

Did you try pressing the 4 buttons (3 white and 1 red) on the bottom of his chest box? That's for his quotes. The top 2 buttons (red and blue) are for his breathing.

Did you try pressing the 4 buttons (3 white and 1 red) on the bottom of his chest box? That's for his quotes. The top 2 buttons (red and blue) are for his breathing.

Oh my gosh, you are a life saver! I didn't even realize there were multiple buttons. Doh!
Your rep is off or something or I would have added to it! Thanks so much!

Oh my gosh, you are a life saver! I didn't even realize there were multiple buttons. Doh!
Your rep is off or something or I would have added to it! Thanks so much!

Glad I could help :)

X-Wing Luke looks great, too. Really nice likeness, though the hair is a tad dark. The helmet looks better off, I think. It seems a WEE bit over-sized, but it barely fits on his head as-is. The chin strap (that actually comes undone) is a nice touch.

14333519804_dd7bab93c1_z.jpg

14147754817_4f95f8aa5f_z.jpg

Excellent photos! :rock

It's worth noting something that doesn't show up terribly well in pictures of the Luke figure.. it has a paint wash over the orange flightsuit to give it a great 'used in combat' look.

Excellent photos! :rock

It's worth noting something that doesn't show up terribly well in pictures of the Luke figure.. it has a paint wash over the orange flightsuit to give it a great 'used in combat' look.

That's a good point. I was surprised by that in person.

I guess it just comes down to what folks are willing to accept / are happy with. :lol

I've pretty much been a SSC critic from day one - except for a few really well done figures, most of them are expensive approximations.

If the 2.0 Stormie ends up inheriting the 'sins of the father'.. then people deserve what they pay for.

As long as people accept the inaccuracies only with minor fuss, Sideshow has no incentive to try do more. It is not because they cannot do it (Marmit & Gentle Giant both did it), it is because they don't care. They simply follow the majority of the collectors, who also don't really care in the end. And this goes into most if not all Sideshow lines/products.

Boba Fett is out now, too bad his voice/electronics sucks.

I'll be passing on it. The Stormtrooper and Han are good enough for me.

Saw Fett in the Disney store yesterday, quite impressive for the casual fan, but I'm sticking on just the Stormtrooper as a stand alone, he's easily the best of the bunch, and quite simply one of the best representations of the helmet and armour out there... and for a mere £20!

Really hope they bring out Threepio and Artoo... might have to get them as well!

This looks like it's quite a bit lower quality then some of the ones I already have. Maybe a good present for my brother though, I really like the size of this!

Which ones do you have? :huh

I have the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett, which are both amazing. Best Stormtrooper to date in my opinion, blows the Sideshow one away, and at $29.99, I'm not even tempted to get the future Hot Toys version that will probably be around $250, almost ten times more...

I also have Vader, a fun figure, but the headsculpt is too small compared to the others.

A C-3PO, Tie Pilot or Biker Scout would rock in that line.

Back