takara batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine the Takara Batman thread would be lit up with reports or links to reports if it was. As far as Batman's concerned, everybody's pretty vigilant. Especially where rubber suits are in question. :lol

True.

Speaking of rubber suits, weird thing is that theres been damage reports of the later released DX02, while the old release such as the original HT Batman Begins that comes with a certificate and the TDK OC are fine so far:dunno

True.

Speaking of rubber suits, weird thing is that theres been damage reports of the later released DX02, while the old release such as the original HT Batman Begins that comes with a certificate and the TDK OC are fine so far:dunno

It's been surmised that HT changed the process in how they mold the suits to either save cost or time or both and in doing so, hadn't perfected the curing time for the suits which explains the literal decomposing of Comedian's and DX02's suits. There was an extremely detailed post about the whole process which I should've saved, but I can't remember the freak or the post number and have no desire to dredge it up. :( :lol

i purchased one its an old figure so does any one believe its still a good figure?

Definitely.

The only thinks Hot toys has over it, is theirs looks a little more like his on-screen counterpart.

The Takara one is less prone to breakage of the body ( this happened with early Begins HT figures)
The body itself is AMAZINGLY poseable. Even with the rubber suit on it, as takara used thinner rubber. The rubber itself is fantastically durable.

There are NO reports of the rubber suit on the takara version melting either, unlike the hot toys versions, also, Takara has the BEST LOOKING cape of all the figures. the way it drapes and flows is just fantastic.

Additionaly, his head is a separate piece from his cowl, allowing the head a greater range of movement without looking too silly.

Considering that a "batbullet" pose ( standing straight, with his arms at his sides looking straight ahead) is really REALLY boring looking on the shelf, i still say this is the best 1/6th scale commercially produced batman begins figure on the market.

U52-1218108200.jpg

tak65934.jpg

P1010715.jpg

It's been surmised that HT changed the process in how they mold the suits to either save cost or time or both and in doing so, hadn't perfected the curing time for the suits which explains the literal decomposing of Comedian's and DX02's suits. There was an extremely detailed post about the whole process which I should've saved, but I can't remember the freak or the post number and have no desire to dredge it up. :( :lol

Does this mean that we shouldnt bother buying DX 09 and the upcoming TDKR bats then :gah:

Oh well, at the end of the day I'd rather take my chances and have a possibly rotten DX 09 Bats and TDKR Bats than no Batman figures at all :panic:

Does this mean that we shouldnt bother buying DX 09 and the upcoming TDKR bats then :gah:

Oh well, at the end of the day I'd rather take my chances and have a possibly rotten DX 09 Bats and TDKR Bats than no Batman figures at all :panic:

Nope. As has shown time and again already, despite leaks, you'll get your money back. So the wise man would keep the Keaton Batman on order and stay vigil for other evidence of leaks. It's a non-issue if HT finally gets a handle on the process. :lol

You got a great deal.

Congratulations.

You should have no buyer's remorse with this acquisition.

Now if only TAKARA TOMY produced a complimenting SUPERMAN figure using their GEN-X CORE male body.

Back