T-800 Arnie bust REPAINT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fu_Manchu

Super Freak
Reaction score
I found this in the portfolio of a japanese painter.

What do you think guys about this, it does improve the piece? Would it be worth the effort? I think... hell yeah!

0syuwa-bast2020204570.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204572.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204578.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204571.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204573.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204575.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204577.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204576.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204579.JPG

0syuwa-bast2020204580.JPG

Much better than the stock paint-up...is the left eye after market? ...because it looks it.

Do you guys think this paintjob will add to the value or hurt the value?...because it's no longer original and looked at as a custom.

Great custom paint jobs can increase after market value a great deal. For example, if I recall correctly, someone customized an Arnie CM T-850 awhile back it sold for waaay more than what it was worth pre-customization. Customized collectibles can be looked at as one-of-a-kind.

Now if an amateur took a sharpie to it, that might hurt the resale value....

Yep, if done well custom paint usually will only increase the value of a piece like this.

But, not only does it need to be done well... but then also the seller needs to be able to take great pictures to highlight the differences.

Yep, if done well custom paint usually will only increase the value of a piece like this.

1/2 or me agrees with you...this def is a better paint job than then original.

However another part of me thinks the custom paint jobs hurt the re-sale value because it's not 100% original...and some hard-core collectors would be turned off by the slightest modification. Or maybe the custom paint was inspired to hide damage...who knows..either way it's an awesome paint-up

SilentSurfer is re-painting mine. I know he'll do a bas-asss job. Don't really mind if the value goes up, I just wanted it look as screen accurate as possible.

Great custom paint jobs can increase after market value a great deal. For example, if I recall correctly, someone customized an Arnie CM T-850 awhile back it sold for waaay more than what it was worth pre-customization. Customized collectibles can be looked at as one-of-a-kind.
The price on that CM T-850 went into the stratosphere on ebay. From my experience, these customs are really worthy for the collectors and definively can be called 'one-of-a-kind'. And it's a fact of logic, what do you prefer, a grail statue with the default factory paintjob or a grail statue painted by a professional...

Well, maybe this thread will serve as inspiration to someone with cash around here and try the same sending it to one of the greats (Silent Surfer, Joe Dunaway, Rick Carthu...), I would love to see this kind of repaint made by one of this names :hi5:

The price on that CM T-850 went into the stratosphere on ebay. From my experience, these customs are really worthy for the collectors and definively can be called 'one-of-a-kind'. And it's a fact of logic, what do you prefer, a grail statue with the default factory paintjob or a grail statue painted by a professional...

Well, maybe this thread will serve as inspiration to someone with cash around here and try the same sending it to one of the greats (Silent Surfer, Joe Dunaway, Rick Carthu...), I would love to see this kind of repaint made by one of this names :hi5:

You will...You will.

SilentSurfer is re-painting mine. I know he'll do a bas-asss job. Don't really mind if the value goes up, I just wanted it look as screen accurate as possible.
LOL this is a cosmic coincidence... I didnt even saw your message when I was typing mine.

We will see the result Juan, in Silent Surfer's hands your bust can be turned into the ultimate terminator piece :)

I knew it man, your re touch's are the Shizzznit!!!! Would be cool if you would take commissions.. How bout annother shot of that Pred CM?

Back