SyFy's Face Off

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the first episode-- most of the cantina creations weren't very inspired, but I agree 100% with the judges awarding the victory to Rod and Roy's creation.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Is anyone else watching this?

faceoff_sm.jpg

The only thing I'd change would be the black "human-like" legs----

faceoff_tcw_sm.jpg

Thankfully, no one else will have to be teamed up with Joe. That guy was horrible. Felt bad for Tommy because you could see he was emotionally frustrated.

"I'm not trying to throw him under the bus.":slap

"Well, that's exactly what you did.":rotfl

Thankfully, no one else will have to be teamed up with Joe. That guy was horrible. Felt bad for Tommy because you could see he was emotionally frustrated.

I know! Poor guy, Joe really was crazy though. Glenn Hetrick was kind of mean to tommy though:(

No question-- Joe was so untalented (that paint on the sculpt was absolutely atrocious) and I could never imagine him being a team player at all... I'm sure they edited it a certain way to make him look even worse (especially after he walked off) but from what they showed us he was unbelievable (and not in a good way).

I did like the look of the #2 alien (the female from Dagobah).

I really enjoyed the first episode-- most of the cantina creations weren't very inspired, but I agree 100% with the judges awarding the victory to Rod and Roy's creation.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Is anyone else watching this?

faceoff_sm.jpg

The only thing I'd change would be the black "human-like" legs----

faceoff_tcw_sm.jpg

It was such a toss-up as to who would've won. I liked the chicks' bounty hunter better, but holy hell was that a lot of work to do, let alone, pull off. I see why they won.

It was such a toss-up as to who would've won. I liked the chicks' bounty hunter better, but holy hell was that a lot of work to do, let alone, pull off. I see why they won.

I agree. The time that they were given to accomplish this task was small compared to what they came up with--- It was a monumental accomplishment for the schedule (and stress) they were working under.

I'm looking forward to the task on next week's episode.

I agree. The time that they were given to accomplish this task was small compared to what they came up with--- It was a monumental accomplishment for the schedule (and stress) they were working under.

I'm looking forward to the task on next week's episode.

So far this season's off to a way better start. Hell, the ********* left on his own this time, throwing a tittybaby tantrum that his green peepee thing was called hideous. :lol

I really felt like the bounty hunter was the best as far as what the challenge was originally meant to be. The bounty hunter definitely fit in with the Star Wars galaxy, but the robot guy, not so much. I think the guys did a ridiculously amazing job, but this show is more about prosthetics than it is costumes. Their prosthetic piece, the blob guy, is mediocre in comparison to the bounty hunter. For that reason alone, I felt as though the women should've won.

I really felt like the bounty hunter was the best as far as what the challenge was originally meant to be. The bounty hunter definitely fit in with the Star Wars galaxy, but the robot guy, not so much. I think the guys did a ridiculously amazing job, but this show is more about prosthetics than it is costumes. Their prosthetic piece, the blob guy, is mediocre in comparison to the bounty hunter. For that reason alone, I felt as though the women should've won.

But the expert panel of judges gave the top spot (of the duo) to the guy whose focus was the blob guy (over the one who made the construct) and they stated that the painting (as well as hair work) was phenomenal. Yes, they also stated that the female bounty hunter from Dagobah had some of the cleanest painting that they've ever seen on the show but they were obviously impressed moreso by the tiny guy in the robot.

I think he worked for the assignment as they were asked to create a modern character who would fit into that cantina environment. The guy obviously appeals to the modern take on SW (from the CW) as they did have a bounty hunter who was a tiny guy in a giant robot on the show. The little blob also gave off a creepy Jabba vibe--- boss who's physically incapable of being physically intimidating and yet is incredibly evil.

The only thing I'd change would be the black "human-like" legs

Agreed. Didn't like that aspect.

But I agree with agen, that female bounty hunter was probably the single best design/character I've ever seen on that show as far as fitting the theme and also the quality of the work.

Last edited:

But I agree with agen, that female bounty hunter was probably the single piece design/character I've ever seen on that show as far as fitting the theme and also the quality of the work.

They definitely had a tough call. There really wasn't any flaw with the Dagobah female.

Good episode. I agreed with the judging pretty much, but also think the girls' bounty hunter looked like she belonged in the SW universe.

And is Glenn Hetrick getting weirder looking? :lol

Great start to a new season. I enjoyed the premiere. I'm so happy that D-Bag walked out. Buh-bye!!! Can't wait for next week!!!

It was absolutely the best looking, but nowhere near the sheer amount of work of that midget dude.

Good episode. I agreed with the judging pretty much, but also think the girls' bounty hunter looked like she belonged in the SW universe.

And is Glenn Hetrick getting weirder looking? :lol
Seems like every year his posture and physique is looking more gorilla-ish. :lol

GorillaGorillasOrg600.jpg

Last edited:
faceoff_sm.jpg

Yeah, a lot of impressive work went into that thing... but it really looks more like something from SPACEBALLS, not STAR WARS. I literally said "What the ******?" when it walked out. :lol

The female bounty hunter (from Dagobah, yeah sure :lol) was absolutely the most Star Wars-ish of all of them. I could actually see that fitting into the cantina scene. Hell, it works better than some of Lucas' CGI creatures from the Special Edition.

It was absolutely the best looking, but nowhere near the sheer amount of work of that midget dude.

The costume was the best looking, but I'd argue the bounty hunter prosthetics were way better than the blob dude. I feel like the prosthetics is what the show is about (hence the name, "Face Off." The blob looks like he came out of Men in Black, rather than Star Wars. I still say the girls should've won, or maybe all four win, since the costume of the blob dude was so intricate.

:goodpost: i agree....while i felt the bounty hunter would have worked better in the Cantina scene that character was an ambitious project....cant wait to see what else that dude has up his sleeves.

But I agree with agen, that female bounty hunter was probably the single best design/character I've ever seen on that show as far as fitting the theme and also the quality of the work.

again :goodpost: :exactly: the paint was awesome and something the judges didnt bring up or was cut out of the show was the weapon looked authentic.

He looks like a gay vampire on steroids.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Back