SW OUR WORLD - Silence of the Lambs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Lecter is a challenge as a figure. The most marketable is the masked look, but it got 2nd to least screen time, the blue jumpsuit is the more iconic but least interesting as a "toy". At least NECA did the white shirt and pants look in addition to the straight jacket. Considering how cheap this figure is, I don't get why not include a swap out blue jumpsuit.

If you did blue jumpsuit, mask and straight jacket you could have a Red Dragon version.

IMG_4014.JPG

Just ordered this and the death race suit as well. Thanks for the inspiration Rogers - yours looks awesome! Mr. E - how did you dye the suit? I was thinking rit synthetics but would love to know if you worked out something better.

First step is to use a bleach and hot water mix on the suit. That'll take some of the color out. Note, it wont look like it worked when the suit is wet. You've got to dry it first. Once dry, it'll be a medium gray. You could dye it to be more of a royal blue from here, or your could use RIT color remover to attempt to get the initial suit color a lighter shade.

I used regular RIT dyes when dying mine, though the synthetics (which I've also used recently) might be worth trying out as well. Hope this helps.

Here's the suit I converted into a Michael Myers-esque coverall:

GEDC0783.JPG

First step is to use a bleach and hot water mix on the suit. That'll take some of the color out. Note, it wont look like it worked when the suit is wet. You've got to dry it first. Once dry, it'll be a medium gray. You could dye it to be more of a royal blue from here, or your could use RIT color remover to attempt to get the initial suit color a lighter shade.

Thanks for tips, E! I've only used the synthetics a couple of times myself (maybe they're a new product?) but they seem to take well to whatever some of this 1:6 stuff is made of. Also, brainstorming how to get the B5160-8 on there nicely. Also, sick Myers!

This guy arrived today and like others have said, for the money, it's pretty great. Likeness isn't perfect but it's close. I added some gray to the hair and eyebrows which helped some. He's also too tan and the mouth could be more Lecter-y. I feel like with a proper repaint by some of the talented freaks here, this could be super nice. Jumpsuit is still a WIP but with a little weathering and dyeing I think he'll be all set. Maybe more chest, less gut too.

_1030415.jpg

_1030405.jpg

_1030422.jpg

Last edited:
Good job Keegan, looks so much better already.

The greyish / blue jumpsuit was always the default look in my mind.

Thanks, Stanlore!

Here's my Hannibal, all finished, I think. Dyed and weathered the jumpsuit and re-repainted the hair and eyebrows. Hand-wrote his number before I thought to google these ideas, which I may go back and try. The likeness has it's issues but from a short distance it definitely looks like a scary little Lecter so I'm happy to have him around.

lecter1.jpg

lecter4.jpg

lecter2.jpg

lecter5.jpg

Back