SW: 12" or 1/4 PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what would you choose?

• Total voters
Hmmm? The 12" vote has gained it's biggest lead yet with three more votes than PF! Come on PF peeps! Get those votes in! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Anakin said:
,..yes,.. that was the initial intention of this poll.. :cool:

I thought you were asking a theoretical question, if Sideshow could only produce one format, which would be preferred.

Although I was VERY impressed with the packaging on the 12" Luke and think that line will be a MAJOR success, the Obi Wan PF just blows me away! :cool:

JustinLuck said:
I thought you were asking a theoretical question, if Sideshow could only produce one format, which would be preferred.

,..yes,..to see what ppl prefered if there was only one choice,.... now back to topic.

,.. i voted 1/4...much more details,..bigger size and better likeness,....

Hands down, 12" all the way.
*SSC's SW 1/6 head sculpts and costume detail are as good or better than PF.
*Fun factor, playability. dioramas, and poseability vs. static statue.
* There's a virtual universe of other 12" figs out there, so 1/6 is perfect scale for kitbashes, cross-over 12" stuff (Ford from Han to Indiana), etc. You also have the comparison factor with 12" SW figs from others eras like Kenner 1977-1983
* Space: this is a huge consideration for most collectors.
* Cost: this is a no-brainer. I can buy 4-5 12" SW figs for what one PF costs.

Gruson said it best, "1/4 PF Only!" The 12" action figures are nice for what they are. We get great detail at a very affordable price. Still, you get what you pay for which shows when comparing a 1/6 action figure to the flagship PF line. Yeah, their 1/4 statue's are expensive; so, you can get several good poseable "bang for the buck" pieces, or a real high-end work of art which is a near replica of a character seen on screen for about the same price. To me, it's about quality, not quantity. Again, not to say the the 1/6 action figures aren't good quality, but those don't even come close to comparing to the PF line.

I voted PF, but I'll be getting both honestly. The 1/6 action figures will be for my kids to play with (and me too) and the PF statue's to make the ultimate display in my collection.

You just can't compare both. It's not fair.

For the price of what the PF pieces cost they should be that much better in quality. They are that for sure I'm more than sold on them after getting Obi-Wan today. I'll admit it over and over again how wrong I was about these figures starting with what I saw at SDCC last summer and having a chance to stare at Vader and Obi-Wan. These truly are fantatic pieces!!

The 1/6th scale stuff is amazing as well and they are done so much better than anything I've seen in this scale of figures. They are equally as good in their own right as the 1/4 scale stuff when compairing them to other items of that nature.

Personally, I think the 1/6 statue's and minibusts from GG look better than the 1/6 SS action figure's as far as likeness; but, then there is the playability factor.

Mini-Rock said:
Personally, I think the 1/6 statue's and minibusts from GG look better than the 1/6 SS action figure's as far as likeness; but, then there is the playability factor.

Gonna have to disagree with ya on that MR. The GG stuff is good but so far I think the SS stuff is pretty much spot on.

JustinLuck said:
Does GG have a ROTJ Luke Bust? I'd like to compare likeness.

No ROTJ Luke, but they do have an X-Wing Pilot Luke from ANH. Both look pretty good, IMO. It's a good time to be a Star Wars collector.

luke_skywalker_popup_2.jpg

2104_press03-001.jpg

7116_press02-001.jpg

Attakus does have a Jedi Luke coming out. I don't think he comes anywhere near the likeness of the Sideshow 12" figure. Actually, of all of these, I think that the Attakus piece has the worst likeness, yet it will command the highest price. Weird!!!

luke1.jpg

Last edited:
sure is a long lightsaber. i love the pose but you're right not quite the SS likeness but is nice.

,..both the gentle giant and attakus pieces looks far from mark.h.,...the attakus is a proto,..not final yet,...i had the gentle giant bust and it looks even worse in person,..the profile is simply terrible... :sick :sick :sick

Back