Supernatural Commissions round 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which heads would you like to see for further Supernatural head commissions from Ada?

• Dean Winchester V.2 (smiling/cocky/smart ass look)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • John Winchester

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Bobby Singer

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Yellow Eyes (Azazel)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Ruby

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Bela Talbot

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
I think a good paint job like Grenadier Stinney's painting saves that Dean sculpt alot to make it look more like him. I understand not wanting to go with Ada to try another Dean head again, but one of the ideas floated around earlier was maybe getting a new commission together at some point to do a "smart-ass, grinning Dean" version from her, not just to have an alternative head, but a second shot at a closer one.
Just a thought!

I'm sure.... A good paint job means a lot to a sculpt, which is why I would like one of the pros here to paint them for me. But I'm not sure if a paint job would improve my Dean head enough. It looks too "smushed in", for a lack of a better description. I'll try to take a pic of it and post it here to see if it's just me. Sam is just so awesome. One good paint job and he's going to be perfect.

I might be interested in a second version of Dean, depending on whether or not I can get the one I have re-worked, or get one done.

It's just other characters that I can't invest in right now. The favorite has to be done before I can become interested in adding any others.

I have decided that I am going to get a pro paint job on mine. It's well worth the money I have to put into getting it done. I was going to send my Dean off first because he needs a better paint job more than Sam does, but I'll wait to send him off after Sammy because I'd like to wait and see what yours looks like Aerosmith. And of course if you learn to make casts. Because I don't wanna put the money up for a pro paint job on the Ada head if yours is better and if you can make casts of it.

I'll wait to send my Dean off to see what happens with yours,'cause if yours is better and you make casts I'd like to send that one off for the pro paint job instead of Ada's. :)

So please keep me and all of us up to date on it and if you're going to learn to do casts. :)

Okay freaks, I don't have my Dean done yet but here's a sample of things. First of all I'd like to show off my jacket that I customized the hell out of. Everyone I have showed this to has freaked out and was amazed at how good and accurate I was able to get it.
1215467569.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a few more pics. The only problem I have is that it's too long but I will be shortening it once I get my Dean body and can taylor it to fit him right.

1215467572.jpg
[/IMG]

1215467571.jpg
[/IMG]

One more thing is that the pockets aren't exactly like the ones he has but he still has pockets so this is about the most accurate jacket I'm going to get.

And check this crap out, I took the shotgun from my ss vamp Spike and did a little cutting and sanding and repainting and I made Dean's custom sawed off he uses on the show! I was so proud of myself for doing this! I looked at a pic of him with it in Supernatural magazine so I could get it accurate and I got it down.

1215467566.jpg
[/IMG]

This next one shows off the handle to show you how I had to cut the stock off,sand it down and re-paint it.
1215467562.jpg
[/IMG]

This next one is of the barrels and how I cut and sanded them down.
1215467564.jpg
[/IMG]

And I forgot to show these last time with my Sam pics so I'll show 'em now
1215468161.jpg
[/IMG]
I put a silver watch on him like the one he wears on the show.

And I customized a jelly bracelet for him 'cause he wears one on the show.
1215468162.jpg
[/IMG]

What are you guys using to do a "Colt" conversion? I have order one of the pewter cast "Colt 1851 Navy Revolvers" from One Sixth Depot. It's not exactly an 1836 Patterson but it's much closer than the 1860-1870's variants that are more commonly available. I think once you remove the loading lever from the bottom of the barrel and tweak the handle it would make a pretty decent "Colt."

-JG

Alright girls, listen up. You have 5 people interested in both John and Bobby (laugh). This thread has been sitting a while.

If I divide the cost of commissioning by you 5, the brave, the devoted, the die-hard Supernatural fans, (instead of 10 people), the cost will actually only be $55 a head, which I don't think is too bad. (+$5 for Shipping, +10 for each head painted, $15 per extra head after main payment).

Would you guys be willing to go for that?

Question 2: I would assume you'd want Bobby in his hat. Ada does sculpt hats. Her Baretta looks pretty nice. Do you want it part of the sculpt, sculpted on, or would you rather him be made with out a hat and have you guys supply a baseball hat yourself? Hell, have we ever even SEEN Bobby without a hat for reference? :)

-Rick :chew:chew

I say get the had sculpted on. Yeah Bobby was without a hat before but for a very split second. He always has the hat on so I say get it sculpted on.

My main thing is whick John to do, we could do him to look like in season one with the full grown beard and the lower hair cut or the "In my time of dying" episode where his beard was more of a heavy 5 o'clock shadow and his hair was a bit longer and had the "bed head" hair.

I personally say go with that John but there's 5 of us so It should be a vote and the majority wins. :)

Hey fellas!!
Been back and forth and in and out of the forums and just generally falling behind in everything.
I can't wait to see these reworked Deans. I was a bit disappointed in how Ada's came out, especially after seeing how well she nailed Sam. Dean being more my favorite makes the pair seem off to me now. I'd be up for "smart ass" Dean if these others don't come to life. I'd go John with 5o'clock shadow and messed hair. As for bobby, I'd prefer to see if a real cap, close to the one he wears, could be found before going with the cast version.
Just my $.02.
:monkey5

Hey fellas!!
Been back and forth and in and out of the forums and just generally falling behind in everything.
I can't wait to see these reworked Deans. I was a bit disappointed in how Ada's came out, especially after seeing how well she nailed Sam. Dean being more my favorite makes the pair seem off to me now. I'd be up for "smart ass" Dean if these others don't come to life. I'd go John with 5o'clock shadow and messed hair. As for bobby, I'd prefer to see if a real cap, close to the one he wears, could be found before going with the cast version.
Just my $.02.
:monkey5

Okay cool, glad someone is with me on the way John should look. I'd do a real cap for Bobby if thats what the majority wants.

What are you guys using to do a "Colt" conversion? I have order one of the pewter cast "Colt 1851 Navy Revolvers" from One Sixth Depot. It's not exactly an 1836 Patterson but it's much closer than the 1860-1870's variants that are more commonly available. I think once you remove the loading lever from the bottom of the barrel and tweak the handle it would make a pretty decent "Colt."

-JG

You got a better one than I did bro, I got a 1855 one. Yours is a year after the one on the show was made, 1935. So you're in good standing.

Rise from the depths oh mighty Winchester Brothers thread!!!

Hey, WST, I saw you're trying to get an Ecto-1 going, any chance that Sam and Dean will get a set of wheels too?

Rise from the depths oh mighty Winchester Brothers thread!!!

Hey, WST, I saw you're trying to get an Ecto-1 going, any chance that Sam and Dean will get a set of wheels too?

I thought that Ecto-one thread would take off like it was on fire and we'd be able to get some sort of cheaper/affordable kit out of it for everyone because of all of the people who'd want one. I mean, look at the enthusiasm for the GB boys heads.

I was WRONG! (laugh).

As far as a "Metallicar", not to crush your hopes bro, but we are going so slow in this thread we haven't even been able to get a John or Bobby head made yet in...4 months? (but we will. OH YES, we will!), so my magic 8-ball says "outlook not good" on a Metallicar. But, and I mean this towards heads, cars, whatever, all it takes is one superfan to fund more than everyone else to get something made.

Rob Schnieder voice: "You can doooo it!" :banana:banana:banana

Whats the Supernatural??? Never seen it.. is it any good??

SUPERNATURAL is starting it's fourth season on tv this year. It's about two brothers raised from childhood by their father to be monster hunters after their mother is killed by a demon.

I think it's the best "monster-of-the week" tv show that's ever been made, getting more awesome every season and having none of the horrible pitfalls X-Files and Buffy had. The first two seasons are out on DVD now.

Alright gang, it's October, the new seasons started, we've let some time pass since the last heads were commissioned, and I think it's safe to say we're all jazzed, so it's time to see how people are doing financially to see if you guys are ready to give the next character, BOBBY, a go.

Would everyone be ready to try for him if we wanted to set a date for a month from now to get payments in by? The cost would be $35 a head since this is a smaller run plus $5 shipping no matter how many you order.

Let me know how you guys feel!

Back