Supernatural commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best is from the Sat. Toys line. You would need to paint it brown-there was one shown here and is the one I have. It looks perfect.

This is GrenadierStinny's. The jacket is from Sattoys. It has been painted and weathered. I think it's perfect. You might have been thinking about the other blk jacket from the otherSattoys set.

Picture_copy.jpg
[/QUOTE]
dean_02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

GrenadierStinny has done an excellent job in both colouring and weathering the jacket to match the screen worn piece, however the overall design of the jacket is vastly different to that used on the show. I personally would opt to steer clear of portraying Dean in his signature jacket if it couldn't be reproduced perfectly in scale.

Where does one track down one of these Sattoys coats? Ive been rummaging up and down on the bay to no avail.

One of my most favorite shows of all time. My friends yell at me for actting a bit too much like Dean at times and wishing for a 69 Chevy Impala. I just rewatched the entire first season and IMO, it was the best. I personally am getting a little tired of the whole angels and demons slugging it out storyline and enjoyed the random monsters/creatures the first season had with the underlying storyline. But whatever, thats just me :p

Wish I wasn't so poor or else I would have loved to have gotten in on this commission. I don't know if I missed it or not, but are the previous heads still available somewere unpainted? After realising the actor who plays their farther is the same as The Comadian from The Watchmen, it would be kind of fun getting one and modding it into their dad.

Also wanted to say I love everyones customs, they all look like the Winchester brothers and I'd love to have any of them in my collection.

Where does one track down one of these Sattoys coats? Ive been rummaging up and down on the bay to no avail.

It's extremely unlikely you will find the jacket selling loose on ebay. You will find the occasional Saturday Toys Leather Blazer Wardrobe Series selling as a set but it will run $60 (plus shipping) and are always being sold out of Hong Kong.

Depending on your budget you might want to consider jackets along the lines of the jacket in the link that Buttmunch listed.

Finding an alternate Dean jacket maybe equally frustrating. The m65 like black field jacket he wears seasons 4 and 5 is equally hard to replicate. Hot Toys released an NSW Desert Ops figure which has the jacket but it has a hood and shoulder pouches so it would need to be modified to make it show accurate.

Sam jacket is also tough to replicate "as seen" on the show. Any jacket you use will have to be close enough. He usually wears his green jacket which is similar to a modernized field jacket. Hot Toy's Rambo First Blood figure included the a green m65 field jacket but it's not identical to what Sam wears on the show. You would have to remove the shoulder straps and patches but the lower set of pockets are completely wrong. People usually opt for the close enough m41 (or m43) field jackets because they are much cheaper and altogether easier to find.

The Saturday Toys is nice. I customized mine buy tailoring it to make it shorter and making it old and weathered. I'm happy with mine but if you can get the Saturday Toys one good luck, it's nice.

wishing for a 69 Chevy Impala.

Nah, this is what I was talking about. Personlly I dislike the 1969 Impala's, nothing like a cherry '67. Now that's Bad-Ass. I'm actually working on an accurate custom 1967 Impala model in1/24th scale that I plan to display with the Winchesters, as if off someway in the distance. I was planning on casting the body shell and other detail specific parts in resin as a conversion kit for the standard AMT 1967 SS Impala kit, however I would obviously need some interest in the project before I commit to commisioning a cast. Anyone here interested?

I kind of like it, some small sculpting work and a paint application and it'd be half way decent. Still nowhere near the quality of sculpting that Z will apply. Speaking of which any new news?

That sculpt is awful. Can't wait for the good ones frm Z. Side note, anyone receive their journals yet?

So'd you guys catch the new Sammy by Ada on her site? Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell did she do to our boys hair-line, man??? (laugh). He looks like a freak! Too bad.

https://www.wantedactionfigure.com/productShow.asp?id=584

This was the one I received last May on ebay from Ada. I thought I was getting the first one she did as that what was pictured in the auction but then I received this one. Evidently Cinequest was going to be doing 12" figures of Sam & Dean (see Morbach's blog with pic) and I'm quite sure they're using Ada's sculpt of this particular Sam. Whatever, I'm just looking forward to Z's take on the brothers, then my boys will rock! :rock

So'd you guys catch the new Sammy by Ada on her site? Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell did she do to our boys hair-line, man??? (laugh). He looks like a freak! Too bad.

https://www.wantedactionfigure.com/productShow.asp?id=584

Looks like she gave her original sculpt a lobotomy and then sculpted a new forehead and hair. Jared does have a rather large forehead but the hair line is too far receded. Might be ok if you resculpted the bangs and lowered the hair line.

No journals on my end either.

Back