Supernatural commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, this is what I was talking about. Personlly I dislike the 1969 Impala's, nothing like a cherry '67. Now that's Bad-Ass. I'm actually working on an accurate custom 1967 Impala model in1/24th scale that I plan to display with the Winchesters, as if off someway in the distance. I was planning on casting the body shell and other detail specific parts in resin as a conversion kit for the standard AMT 1967 SS Impala kit, however I would obviously need some interest in the project before I commit to commisioning a cast. Anyone here interested?

Either/or personally. Both, from what I can tell, seem to be well liked in the low rider community and to me thats a butching of the poor old cars. But whatever floats their boat.

I like the idea of the model, I've been thinking of tracking down a model kit and building one, customzing out the trunk to maybe make it full of odds and ends but I've been too busy. I've even had the idea of getting one and blue printing them up to 1/6th scale. But after thinking about the process of doing so and the materials, let alone work area and machines needed to build 1/6th scale Impalas my mind went crazy. Oh well, perhaps someday I may try out scratch building one for myself if all else fails.

Still loving all the different versions and keep up the great work everyone. Remember, the 21st of the month we get new shows!

Nah, it looks nothing like the jacket. Is there any 1/6 M-65 style jackets available in black?

I thought the HT version was the only one available, however, I was looking through the recend updates over at GoodStuffToGo and saw that they had restocked their Recon - Stash figure. There is a version of this figure that had a black M-65 jacket which they are selling loose for $12. The hood stows inside the jacket so you use it with or without.

Thanks for posting this Spook_Nukem! I was literally two minutes from getting the HT's one off ebay when I saw your post. I was able to get two jackets from GoodStufftoGo for the price I would have paid for one T4 Final Battle version.

Thanks for posting this Spook_Nukem! I was literally two minutes from getting the HT's one off ebay when I saw your post. I was able to get two jackets from GoodStufftoGo for the price I would have paid for one T4 Final Battle version.

No problem, I received my two jackets on Friday and I think you are going to be very pleased. This jacket is nearly identical to the black field jacket Dean has been wearing through season 4 and 5 (right down to the pointed cuffs on the sleeves). It also fits a bit better than the HT NSW jacket (was meant to be worn over bulkier clothing). About the only thing that I didn't like was the zipper, not only was a it a bit on the large side it only wanted to zip up so I ended up removing it entirely. I didn't have any intention of displaying the jacket zipped up so I planned to remove the "giant" pull any ways. I attached a picture of the jacket from the show and a picture of the 1/6 jacket.

Where is everyone? Anyone got any news? Morbach, did you fall off the face of the earth? :D

This isn't aimed to be insulting I realise that Z is an amazingly talented artist and creates exceptional work but surely any other artist would have completed the commission by now. If he didn't intend to fulfil the commision why take it on? There has been no correspondence from Z for some months and I'm beginning to wonder if he ever intends to. That said if we recieve no new information or word from Z within the next two weeks I vote to have another equally talented artist take on the commisson. Xenoviper's work is absolutely amazing, maybe he might take on the commisson...?

Anyone else agree?

Well, we could always use Chris Howes... :duh

(dodges bullets, beer bottles, and tomatos)

Personally, I'm ok with waiting a bit longer for Z. No rush here, but a new ETA would be nice.

I'm fine waiting for Z. I think we all got a little spoiled by his fast work on other projects. The guy has an uncommon sense of honor. I think he deserves out patience. He's more than earned it.

I've got a ton of other projects on the go as I'm sure does Z. Also, life extends beyond work & hobbies. Besides, the new AFL season starts next month.

This isn't aimed to be insulting I realise that Z is an amazingly talented artist and creates exceptional work but surely any other artist would have completed the commission by now. If he didn't intend to fulfil the commision why take it on? There has been no correspondence from Z for some months and I'm beginning to wonder if he ever intends to. That said if we recieve no new information or word from Z within the next two weeks I vote to have another equally talented artist take on the commisson. Xenoviper's work is absolutely amazing, maybe he might take on the commisson...?

Anyone else agree?

The fact of the matter is unless you have the talent to sculpt the heads yourself you're on the schedule of the artist and thats all there is to it. And yeah, man it sucks. Only a handful of people sculpt heads on these boards. Not everyone who does it is great, and no one is fast. Trust me. There's always a catch-22. Ex: Ada's fast. One month turn-around, but her QC is Jeckyl and Hyde, as is her work ethic.

Getting on someone elses list to do them, if they're willing, is just another year long wait. I speak from experience. Be patient and wait Z out.

Where is everyone? Anyone got any news? Morbach, did you fall off the face of the earth? :D

He was arrested breaking into Jared Padelecki's room at a convention and stealing his underwear. He might not be back for awhile. :angelsmil
(laugh)
Seriously, our little Morbach gots himself a girlfriend so he's too good to bother and come visit us here anymore. :monkey2

I didn't believe he really had one so he sent me a picture as "proof", but it was pretty fuzzy and looked more like a manniquin with a Betty White mask taped over it, sitting on the couch with him watching Wrestling.

You know, the more he doesn't come to check on this thread the worse my lies about him are gonna get. :naughty

I'm fine waiting for Z. I think we all got a little spoiled by his fast work on other projects. The guy has an uncommon sense of honor. I think he deserves out patience. He's more than earned it.

I've got a ton of other projects on the go as I'm sure does Z. Also, life extends beyond work & hobbies. Besides, the new AFL season starts next month.

+1 (except the AFL part - I hate aerial ping pong :emperor)

I'm sure Z is just taking a break over christmas - have no idea what he does for a living but its possible that is taking up his time - there aren't any updates on his blog since the end of December.

He was arrested breaking into Jared Padelecki's room at a convention and stealing his underwear. He might not be back for awhile. :angelsmil
(laugh)
Seriously, our little Morbach gots himself a girlfriend so he's too good to bother and come visit us here anymore. :monkey2

I didn't believe he really had one so he sent me a picture as "proof", but it was pretty fuzzy and looked more like a manniquin with a Betty White mask taped over it, sitting on the couch with him watching Wrestling.

You know, the more he doesn't come to check on this thread the worse my lies about him are gonna get. :naughty

do you have this supposed pic WST? post it, post it. :lol

Back