Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

I Like em Just the way they are for now. yeah boots are a lttle short, I remarked on that in my initial post, but they took a week to make by hand. When I can I'll sort them.

CIMG0606.jpg

Here is a re-paint that a Guy Did named Ray Flores. It looks great in my opinion

This board seems like a cool place I like it. I just don't understand all the dislike for the Mattel's version but to each his own and I respect that opinon.

But I am not sure I want to pay 200 for a figure in this day and age.

Welcome aboard, Nightforce. For some folks around here, if it doesn't say HOT TOYS on the box, it's a subject of derision. It's silly, really.

This board seems like a cool place I like it. I just don't understand all the dislike for the Mattel's version but to each his own and I respect that opinon.

But I am not sure I want to pay 200 for a figure in this day and age.

People are just bashing on it because they've been spoiled by Hot Toys quality. For the price and what's offered it looks like a great figure IMHO.

People are just bashing on it because they've been spoiled by Hot Toys quality. For the price and what's offered it looks like a great figure IMHO.

That's the way I take it. Nothing wrong with being spoiled though.

I much prefer Hot Toys, but I already have so many 1:6 figures right on par with Mattel's Superman, the quality isn't an issue with me. He fits right in with my Marvel Studios and 1:6 Spider-Man movie figures.

but seriously fellas you get what you pay for,HT is pricey but look what you get,i don't know about you all but when i buy a figure i want it to look as close as possible to the real person from head right down to the clothing so paying the extra bucsk is worth it if it makes one happy with their product,I actually purchased 4 of the Mattel figures,I used one just for the suit,2 i sold off,and I'll probably keep the last one in the box,It's a decent figure but it's not something I want to display,I was messing around with the nude body and it's pretty bad,its out of proportion and the rib joint is not that good,hard to get it straight.When I look at that head I kinda see Ken as superman,but it is mattel so what do you expect,the repaint does eliminate the Ken look a bit tho.Now when you look at rebel's finished figure you cant help but to say WOW and drool a little,that's what I want in all my figures and HT gives you that but to each his own,just voicing my opinion.For me it's HT and will always be HT.

Welcome aboard, Nightforce. For some folks around here, if it doesn't say HOT TOYS on the box, it's a subject of derision. It's silly, really.

Agreed! I'm starting to get spoiled by HT. but I try not to compare things with HT though it is hard, especially seeing how pricey SSC 1/6 stuff is getting. But, HT isn't going to produce everything I want in 1/6 so if I find something I like, I'll buy it no matter what company it's from as long as quality is good for the price.

that being said, $60 isn't bad for this figure from what I've seen.

This is what I mean when I said the Mattel body is pretty bad and badly proportioned and the rib joint doesnt stay straight.Like I said you get what you pay for which in my opinion is average or even below average where HT gives you greatness but you pay for it.Its the difference between buying a Mercedes and a Hyundai.Here is a pic.
batmanwestheadsupsbodymattel011.jpg

Last edited:

haha are you the guy selling that on eBay? saw it today on my regular checking of "1/6 superman" :lol

This is what I mean when I said the Mattel body is pretty bad and badly proportioned and the rib joint doesnt stay straight.Like I said you get what you pay for which in my opinion is average or even below average where HT gives you greatness but you pay for it.Its the difference between buying a Mercedes and a Hyundai.Here is a pic.
batmanwestheadsupsbodymattel011.jpg

Don't think anybody would disagree that Hot Toys operate at a significantly higher quality level than Mattel but my Superman stands completely straight and upright without the slightest hassle. Most of the photos I've seen are the same. Have you considered that yours may be faulty?

That body does look faulty. My Zod, Peter and Egan stood fine and the only difference with Supes is a slightly thicker torso and arms.

well when i had displayed for a day with the suit on you didnt see the what you see in the nude pic,the suit covers it up i guess,I think thats the way it is,I'll kow for sure when open up my other one, but I can expect that from a $60 figure from mattel,you dont get that with HT,In any case somebody did buy it last night on ebay so it's gone,the suit was put to good use tho.

Last edited:

The body on mine doesn't look like that. It's completely straight whether the suit's on or off. Mattel may not be Hot Toys but they've been a massively successful company for decades now and I doubt they'd still be in existence if they'd made a habit of shipping shoddy crap like that appears to be.

that one is not totally straight it's slightly tilted to the right,If I turned my upper part over it would stand the same way,that joint is bad,even mine could stand like that but you have to play with it to get it straight,I dont see whats nice about that body,his waist is tiny and his chest and shoulders are huge and what the hell are those bulges sticking out from his sides?muscle?,Im sorry but to me its horrible,he looks deformed,for those of you who like that more power to you,if your gona make a Reeve figure try to get the body a little bit right,that looks more like a Comic version Sup's body if that.The only thing they did good with that figure was suit and thats the only reason I bought 4 of them.They could of done a better job considering how nice their action figures are.I'm sorry but that figure would never earn a space in my showcase,they did a much better job with Zod and their Ghostbusters line,those I would display.I really have nothing more to add about this body,everyone has their own taste,maybe I am just spoiled on HT and proud of it at that.

The only reason I posted that pic was because Im sure somebody had requested to see a pic of the nude body,I cant help it if it looks bad,it is bad,as for what I think of the body I personally think its crap,thats just my opinion,am I not allowed to express my opinion?Is this not a discussion forum? For those of you who love it then great for you but to me the only purpose that figure serves is to swap out thebody and add a fenix head sculpt both for a few bucks and you have the ultimate Reeve figure,just look at Rebels finished figure,even HT will have a hard time topping that,.The mattel figure is not worthy of even polishing his shoes.I rest my case.

Back