Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another fail in my eyes. :slap

Regardless of his acting ability (I liked him in the recent Renfield), he looks way too young and not intimidating in the least. I had to look him up. He's 33, but looks like he could play a college aged young adult in his early 20's. He's got the Tom Holland problem. They look a good 10 years younger than they actually are (Tom Holland can still pass as a teenager).

Nothing about this guy screams megalomaniacal billionaire narcissist, the popular modern iteration of Luthor most fans love. :dunno

Why can't we just got a proper Lex Luthor? It looks like again the DC animated Man Of Steel and various other animated movies will still have the superior version of Lex. The only positive take/win is he's not race or gender swapped. So surprisingly there's that. And he's still far better than Jesse Eisneberg, hell just about anyone would've been a better choice than him.. :lol

At least we know he looks decent bald. Having that hair ruined so much of JE’s look as Luthor. Hated the wig gimmick with Hackman too.

Hey. Atleast he looks like someone who can totally be lex and played a villian before. That’s all I’m saying.

Yet another fail in my eyes. :slap

Regardless of his acting ability (I liked him in the recent Renfield), he looks way too young and not intimidating in the least. I had to look him up. He's 33, but looks like he could play a college aged young adult in his early 20's. He's got the Tom Holland problem. They look a good 10 years younger than they actually are (Tom Holland can still pass as a teenager).

Nothing about this guy screams megalomaniacal billionaire narcissist, the popular modern iteration of Luthor most fans love. :dunno

Why can't we just got a proper Lex Luthor? It looks like again the DC animated Man Of Steel and various other animated movies will still have the superior version of Lex. The only positive take/win is he's not race or gender swapped. So surprisingly there's that. And he's still far better than Jesse Eisneberg, hell just about anyone would've been a better choice than him.. :lol
I agree

Pedro Pascal when!

He's going to be Jonathan Kent.
Watching You Pedro Pascal GIF by The Academy Awards

Nicholas Hoult has been in so many Brian Singer movies that Superman Legacy immediately has Superman Returns vibes now which I can't say is particularly exciting.
5 is considered "so many"?

These days none of us are happy with casting unless it’s our own personal fancast lol.
I have no fancast's for any movies. Zero... Nada.... Not something I generally spend my time doing.

I just want someone who's the proper race, gender, has the looks/resemblance of and can potentially act like the actual character they are portraying. Not the fan fav actor of the month, the big name who they think brings additional audience members, the directors or writers vision they want or some DEI hire. For fans like me who have been supporting this crap in some cases for 40+ years, I don't think that's too much to ask.....

:dunno

I have no fancast's for any movies. Zero... Nada.... Not something I generally spend my time doing.

I just want someone who's the proper race, gender, has the looks/resemblance of and can potentially act like the actual character they are portraying. Not the fan fav actor of the month, the big name who they think brings additional audience members, the directors or writers vision they want or some DEI hire. For fans like me who have been supporting this crap in some cases for 40+ years, I don't think that's too much to ask.....

:dunno
I think he's a good choice tbh, and he's young enough to play the role for 10+ years (providing this reboot doesn't flop).

People have their thoughts on James Gunn but I think he knows what he's doing when it comes to Superheroes.

I just think he's too young. Lex should not be the same age as Superman. He should be at least at a minimum a decade older. Someone in their 40's who have experienced life long enough and has seen/gone through some **** so as not to be swooned and swayed by the coming of a superhero. That's why he has doubt and doesn't trust Supes. He doesn't believe anyone can be that genuine and good. In his mind, he is the hero trying to protect people from Superman. Some rich young billionaire would most likely not have the life experiences to think that way.

There's a reason us older fans are grumpy, bitter and cynical of everything. :lol

We've experienced things that make us see the world differently. And been around long enough to see people try to change that which we love for their own selfish purposes, or to push some new current trend or narrative. Classics should remain classics. Stay the way they were originally intended. That's why they are around for so long and can withstand the test of time.

Hoult is honestly one of the best actors of his generation with a range and ability most touted "up and comers" can only dream of matching.
He will be an incredible Luthor if the writing is there and he will elevate the material if its not.
Lot of people here seem to be pigeon-holeing him because..... well, I cant really even say why.
Because he's young? Well this is a younger Superman and in more recent media/comics Lex and Clark have been close in age.
Because he is svelte? His power is his mind and force of will - he doesnt need to be built like bodybuilder.
Not really sure I follow what the problem with him is?
He will be great.

I think I know where you've been going wrong.
Maybe I should've said stuff? :lol

All forms of entertainment are merely distractions from our everyday lives. Our escapism. In the end its all frivolous crap. Doesn't mean we can't like it or enjoy it. Imagine how depressing life could be without it. No sports, music, movies, TV, videogames, comics, fictional books.... Everyone likes something.

Sara Sampaio and Skyler Gisondo confirmed as Tessmacher and Jimmy respectively. Gunn's casting is on point.

Back