Superman EX - Do you like the Flame eyes or not

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman EX head - Do you like the Flame eyes effect

• YES - I love or like the Flame Effect

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • NO - I hate or dislike the Flame Effect

Votes: 225 75.8%

• Total voters
I think the reason they are crying is because of the low ES. Which is stupid. I mean they did not want it to begin with and were going to be happy with the reg and then the low ES suddenly makes it a grail. :cuckoo:

I don't know if this will be Hugely sought after. The ES is very high for this one The Reg is going to make most happy and unless the EX gets changed or, by some miracle, looks good in hand. I don't think many will be all that upset settling for the Reg.

I could be wrong of course but 2500 is a high ES. If this piece ends up being Highly sought after it will be because of the character himself and the Superman completest out there.

JMO of course.

LOL ... of course it will be because of the character ... this is an AMAZING statue, and I am SURE the Ex will look great in hand... I have faith... and an Ex... and when those who passed up on the chance to get this come a whinning ... I WILL :rotfl!! Now those who missed out because they weren't in the hobby yet, THEM I will feel sorry for,:monkey3

I think the reason they are crying is because of the low ES. Which is stupid. I mean they did not want it to begin with and were going to be happy with the reg and then the low ES suddenly makes it a grail. :cuckoo:

I don't know if this will be Hugely sought after. The ES is very high for this one The Reg is going to make most happy and unless the EX gets changed or, by some miracle, looks good in hand. I don't think many will be all that upset settling for the Reg.

I could be wrong of course but 2500 is a high ES. If this piece ends up being Highly sought after it will be because of the character himself and the Superman completest out there.

JMO of course.

It might not be the most sought after EX, but it's still an EX and people will want it just for that reason. In all honesty, pretty much every EX I have I display with the reg parts...but they are still an EX! Just having that EX label attached to it is enough for some people, I think.

Still...I've said before that I don't hate the burning eyes, but plain red eyes could have been...sigh...well, could have been special.

The forums aren't the majority :lol

Of course not!! I mean 260 votes out of 2500 statues sold.....

But as I said before It's a snap shot collectors out there. Also, like I said before, we are not talking about 55% vs 45% here. We are looking at a landslide.

SSC have made changes before because of this snap shot so lets not argue over this same "forums are not the majority" statement again.

The DCD statues have ESs twice that amount and still sold out

Never said Superman would not sell out. Just saying it might not be as Highly sought after as Spidey was saying. That's all. We are talking about a 400.00 piece also compared to DCD less expensive smaller pieces.

Come on Ink... You know all of this.

EX is FAIL. Even if the Twizzler eyes had worked (and they don't) the REG is a much better portrayal of the character. Superman is rarely angry and almost always determined and hopeful as the REG is.

LOL ... of course it will be because of the character ... this is an AMAZING statue, and I am SURE the Ex will look great in hand... I have faith... and an Ex... and when those who passed up on the chance to get this come a whinning ... I WILL :rotfl!! Now those who missed out because they weren't in the hobby yet, THEM I will feel sorry for,:monkey3

Yes. But I guess I have a little less faith in the "character" part since it took two weeks to sell out.

Now mind you, I don't care if it does become Highly sought after, That is just a huge win for me if I want to or ever have to sell.

But this piece would be just as if not more Highly sought after without the goofy flames.

I think just the plain red eyes would have made this a "MUST have" for everyone as opposed to just a "have it to be complete or because it's more rare" item that it is now.

EX is FAIL. Even if the Twizzler eyes had worked (and they don't) the REG is a much better portrayal of the character. Superman is rarely angry and almost always determined and hopeful as the REG is.

This is true. But I would love to have changed it up every once in a while.

If the reg head was the ex this would've been highly sought after for sure.

No question there. Man could you imagine how angry people would be if they missed out on the EX then?? LOL!! All these people out there would have the noodle eyes and trying to customize them or just not getting it in the first place.

And SS would of had 5000 Superman Reg PF's sitting in there warehouse for eternity :lol

disaster.gif

Watchoutforthe!!............meh..

Yes. But I guess I have a little less faith in the "character" part since it took two weeks to sell out.

Now mind you, I don't care if it does become Highly sought after, That is just a huge win for me if I want to or ever have to sell.

But this piece would be just as if not more Highly sought after without the goofy flames.

I think just the plain red eyes would have made this a "MUST have" for everyone as opposed to just a "have it to be complete or because it's more rare" item that it is now.

I am hoping that we get to see this at SDCC with BOTH heads... Maybe on separate days.

Honestly, I was not a fan of either portrait when I FIRST saw the Batman PF in the SSC photo studio pics.... It wasn't until I saw the SDCC pics like this one
null_zpsf8faafbe.jpg

After seeing this pic I realized that the facial features were not as extreme as they appeared to be in the SSC photo studios pics.

Now I am actually willing to admit that we will have to see in hand pics to know what this is really going to look like. I truly hope I am right and they show us the Ex at SDCC, then we will have a much better idea.

I am hoping that we get to see this at SDCC with BOTH heads... Maybe on separate days.

Honestly, I was not a fan of either portrait when I FIRST saw the Batman PF in the SSC photo studio pics.... It wasn't until I saw the SDCC pics like this one
null_zpsf8faafbe.jpg

After seeing this pic I realized that the facial features were not as extreme as they appeared to be in the SSC photo studios pics.

Now I am actually willing to admit that we will have to see in hand pics to know what this is really going to look like. I truly hope I am right and they show us the Ex at SDCC, then we will have a much better idea.

You quoted my Superman quote but talked about Batman. You need some rest my friend ;) :lol

Twizzler eyes - That is the best description so far :D

Back