Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is the face sculpt. Kara always had a softer look about her during the time she wore that costume...like this
supergirl.jpg

Yeah, they went ultra-realistic in tone for the face, all while her hair defies gravity and pulls back way too tight (seriously, that hairline!! Who saw that and went, "Nailed it!") when they should've gone for a younger, soft look like Koto did and the above shot. Not replicas, but something softer to her younger nature.

It's especially disappointing to see something as important as the headsculpt (really, the most important part of most statues) messed up, while the rest of the statue looks great!

I think Red Sonja has that honor!

View attachment 195408

View attachment 195413

View attachment 195414

View attachment 195410

Thanks to MCRE for the great Pix.

Now after seeing her. I don't think she is saluting, Rather she is looking off into the far distance. :wink1:

View attachment 195324

This is what I'm thinking too. I like that it is a fabric cape. This is one I definitely considering, her and Sonja will probably get ordered. The whole salute anger I don't get. Left hand. right hand. whatever. Here I thought the only people that were "allowed" to salute had to actually serve.

Forgive me for my terrible photoshop job, but the hair imo makes the headsculpt look like a forced smile. If it looked something like this I probably would've loved it.

2cfba00.jpg

Forgive me for my terrible photoshop job, but the hair imo makes the headsculpt look like a forced smile. If it looked something like this I probably would've loved it.

2cfba00.jpg

That's exactly how it should've come out. Even if it was blowing sideways more, the hair shouldn't just be in some unexplained upwards spiral. And that was the first thing I noticed, that there was no gradual hairline, just this awkward circular outline. I think a lot more people would've shown it love had the hair been closer to this!

I don't know how nobody noticed this during production of the prototype, or during the early design phase. If they were steadfast in making the salute, they still could've adjusted the hair like above so that it looked just as good. It's inconceivable how it slipped through.

inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

I think SG looks a little bit like Cate Blanchett. Blanchett has a nice face and is a nice woman but she is not a (teen)girl anymore, she is a woman and this figure shows a woman too. The face is to old she is not a Super Girl, she is Super Woman.

I'm kind of relieved this turned out meh. Happy for those that still want her but now I can just get a Powergirl and be satisfied:lol

My exact thing. I'm happy with PG for sure. SG, needs a lot of work done. Now if only SS would get off their corporate high horse and work on it. No doubt people have said displeasures on forums and social media (except those that follow chicky and susan, because they suck up for free things).

Tried looking at the.pics again and man I still dont like it. Should have been an easy slam dunk. It's like missing the fast break layup

Ack, new pics coming in not helping much. Mr. Green have to admit, PG look better than this. Her eyes are looking up a little and not really as horizontal as the print. She have the face of a 30-35; a MILF even.

Mark Newman has said on Facebook that he sculpted the Supergirl statue, but that is not the head that he sculpted.
Mark is the master, how can they have gone with Alfreda E. Newman instead???

All we can hope is that Mark's portrait is the EX.

Mark Newman has said on Facebook that he sculpted the Supergirl statue, but that is not the head that he sculpted.
Mark is the master, how can they have gone with Alfreda E. Newman instead???

All we can hope is that Mark's portrait is the EX.

Huh, that's honestly what I kinda thought. Let's hope that there is an alternate headsculpt. I just hope the regular head is a better head, assuming the one shown isn't the ex. I can't buy EX versions. :(

:slap I'm trying to like it but this is not helping at all. Now I have to down notch it again after seeing your pic. Errrr.......

I mean, you already have to take into account it needing a really low edition size, and the price has to be cheap, otherwise you'll just have to hunt it down on the aftermarket for pennies. Just so much to take into consideration already, and now this pic on top of it all! :rolleyes2

Back