Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some nasty reflections in some of these pics...apologies. This was probably one of my most anticipated pieces this year and I was underwhelmed. She doesn't look bad but her face just isn't quite there IMO. I actually much prefer PG over SG. I may just get PG regular instead. I would assume even if SG had a head swap, it would just be different hair on the same face. We'll see...

supergirl-5.jpg

I can definitively see a seam on the armpit area

Either that ...or they're playing up her unfamiliarity with American culture. Just like when she first appeared.

Awww man im super dissapointed. I hated the left hand salute in the teaser.pic but now I dont like how ripped her stomach is and her face looks like that sweaty hangover girls have the next morning. She just flew out the room and had to cover her eyes from the sun while thinking she needs aspirin coke and a burger

I'm planning to buy this regardless. Hopefully they will do a second portrait with the hair down and perhaps a prettier sculpt. I recall Powergirl being a bit of an initial letdown when the original portrait was shown, but the hair down looks fantastic. As for the saluting arm, not sure what the plans are, but if it is a change-o I would guess it would be along these lines (just a quick and dirty photoshop without the arm positioning fully worked out, but you can get the idea)

2rw9vki.jpg

Nice! I wonder if the EX is the cat

Without a doubt. And I like it.

More hi-res up close shots later tonight will either sell a lot of people on it, or make them pass. I think everything below the neck looks great, and the face itself looks really nice too! The hair is what's (literally?) up in the air for me. It looks rounded all along the top, rounding out her forehead, instead of being slightly off to the side, partially covering it like the preview art showed.

It could all just be the angle though!

I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed. Not really sure what else could be the EX, and it's a nice bonus for those who want it, but also not a must.

I don't like the salute pose with that hand, and the face is giving me nightmares and the hair. Oh boy.

I can't tell

Fully sculpted for sure, sans the cape. Don't love the cape. Love everything else.

Doesn't look Besta friendly.

It's not.

And I still want it...

I'd like to add, I LOVE how ripped her stomach is. Some of us have abs and some of us enjoy that look.

I'm planning to buy this regardless. Hopefully they will do a second portrait with the hair down and perhaps a prettier sculpt. I recall Powergirl being a bit of an initial letdown when the original portrait was shown, but the hair down looks fantastic. As for the saluting arm, not sure what the plans are, but if it is a change-o I would guess it would be along these lines (just a quick and dirty photoshop without the arm positioning fully worked out, but you can get the idea)

2rw9vki.jpg

I would think that the change out -- if there is one -- would be down by her side, and definitely not Supergirl going, "Heil Hitler!" :lol

This by far is the worst DC sculpt for me. First off her hands are extremely awkward, that face..urgh this was my immediate thought:
madmag_190.jpg

The base is unnecessarily tall, and the cape just doesn't fit well with her suit. It sticks out and not as subtle as Batgirl's.

The hair is also floating wrong. If her hair was to be that shot up, so would her skirt, so judging by the skirt, I'd say she's floating softly, so why does her hair look like she got punched out in the Hulk car from Universal?

I want to know why it wasn't based off of Artgerm? Many know I love the DC line, especially the ladies, but I have never been so pissed by an SS piece.

She looks like jenna elfman in a way LOL or mabey its just me thats the vibe I get from looking at this. But I do think they just overdo it with paintjob they need to lessen the real life look what PG also have and just go a bit more comic. The danger of making it look like a real person is that they can look older you know

With how quickly I saw what was wrong with the headsculpt (first image posted) I'm flabbergasted that nobody at Sideshow went, "Wait a tick, this looks terrible! Fix that hairline, and restructure some things a bit."

I mean, it really does look fantastic from the neck down! I can't see how nobody saw anything wrong this far in.

I would think that the change out -- if there is one -- would be down by her side, and definitely not Supergirl going, "Heil Hitler!" :lol

While your flippant Hitler remark might sound cute it's completely absurd and inaccurate. That salute is with a rigid arm at an angle with palm facing out. Even with the Q&D photoshop at worst this looks like a casual wave. As far as the hand being down the side, it won't work going because if you know anything about anatomy you'd see that the shoulder and back muscles are completely in the wrong position. So unless someone in a contortionist or can dislocate their shoulder from the socket, the arm will not flop down to the side when everything else is going up. Given the current sculpt of her left side there is only limited possibilities with what could be done with a swap out. I also said it was a quick and dirty photoshop constructed from the existing arm (and not even sure if that would work). The hand would likely be turned sideways or in a fist, the rotator cuff would be turned about 30 degrees and the arm would be in a more natural position than what I can show cutting up a saluting arm. Chances are Sideshow won't do a swap-out at all, but if they do the options are rather limited.

Back