Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They nailed the fresh-faced expression, and it's interesting that SS went with the relatively recent bare midriff costume, rather than the classic look (which the new TV show embraces, Mike Sekowsky Barbarella boots aside). I imagine we'll be seeing this beauty at the soon-to-be-upon-us Comic Con.

:) Nice. Wonder how many comic book fans here have ever even heard of Sekowsky, let alone can picture the reference.

While I'm a huge fan of Timm, his bare midriff redesign of her costume for the animated show- which this seems genetically descended from- was a rare, vulgarly faddish misstep to me.

My favorite costume has always been the early 70's version
Supergirl2.jpg

The quasi-bolero blouse had style, while still being feminine/sexy without seeming desperately so.

From the promo art, it looks like the pose could have been fun here - if SS were actually educated when it comes to body language and gesture. They haven't been in the past, so why change if they can't tell anything is broke? Unless the portrait is drop dead cute, this will be an easy pass- despite being one of my favorite characters.

First tease I am interested in (even though it's just the second day) :lol

excited to see pics from SDCC. I do hope she has a more feminine and prettier face than Wonder Woman and Power Girl.

Because to use it they'd have to commission the work. He was probably only commissioned to do a set number of pieces and then moved on to his next job.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Ahhh. Ya know what else I just realized... no heat vision if she's saluting:mad:

First tease I am interested in (even though it's just the second day) :lol

excited to see pics from SDCC. I do hope she has a more feminine and prettier face than Wonder Woman and Power Girl.

I hope the head will turn out pretty looking and not like well you all know from some previous statues. If the face comes out good I might be in on this since I want a supergirl for my collection. The smiling head is going to be tricky to get right. Maybe a serious ex COH would be awesome. hope they don't make her face look too old for this character.

Back